List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Plays as the loose man in defence at school footy for Camberwell. Has sublime foot skills and sells lots of candy, setting up the play from the back half. They got smashed on Saturday but he was a stand out.

Just some info.

It's a shame both Daicos boys didn't go to a school with a better Footy program

COLLINGWOOD fans can start dreaming of a forward line with two Daicos boys with Peter’s youngest son Nick excelling in junior ranks.

With Josh Daicos closing in on a famous AFL debut in his first season at the Magpies, Nick is fresh from a bag of 12 goals playing above his age group.

Daicos Sr left Josh’s VFL game on Sunday for Nick’s under-15 clash and was on hand at the Balwyn North oval as the lightly-built youngster dominated.

Nick’s 12 majors came from about 22 disposals as Kew Rovers thumped Boroondara Hawks in the first division of the Yarra Junior Football League.

On Peter’s request, Nick Daicos spent pre-season at Oakleigh Chargers despite not being eligible for the TAC Cup club until after this season.

“I certainly know a lot about him and know there’s quite a bit of ability there,” Chargers talent manager Craig Notman said.

“Nick’s a very talented and flexible player. He was a strong midfield contributor in the first two rounds.

“He can mark in his own right, but predominantly kicks them using his body and reading the ball better than his opponent.

“He was kicking them from all parts — snap shots or really nice set-shots, he did it all. He’s a right-footer, but he’s confident on both.”
Spent the preseason at the Chargers? I'd say they know there's no hiding young Nick so they're going to try to fast track him in to being an instant best 22 player from the moment he's drafted. Looking forward to him being a first round selection after we trade away that years first rounder and abuse the points system :D

Well at least there will be no pressure on him now...............

FMD a HS write up after an under 15's game. As if it's not enough be the son of one of our greatest ever players and AFL legend.

I hope the kid has nerves of steel because he's going to need them.

Well at least there will be no pressure on him now...............

FMD a HS write up after an under 15's game. As if it's not enough be the son of one of our greatest ever players and AFL legend.

I hope the kid has nerves of steel because he's going to need them.
I don't think he's phased by it.
My guess is he loves it given the multiple shots at goal he takes at games.
I saw him at the VFL practice game doing the same thing.
Humble and confident would be my "professional" opinion.

COLLINGWOOD fans can start dreaming of a forward line with two Daicos boys with Peter’s youngest son Nick excelling in junior ranks.

With Josh Daicos closing in on a famous AFL debut in his first season at the Magpies, Nick is fresh from a bag of 12 goals playing above his age group.

Daicos Sr left Josh’s VFL game on Sunday for Nick’s under-15 clash and was on hand at the Balwyn North oval as the lightly-built youngster dominated.

Nick’s 12 majors came from about 22 disposals as Kew Rovers thumped Boroondara Hawks in the first division of the Yarra Junior Football League.

On Peter’s request, Nick Daicos spent pre-season at Oakleigh Chargers despite not being eligible for the TAC Cup club until after this season.

“I certainly know a lot about him and know there’s quite a bit of ability there,” Chargers talent manager Craig Notman said.

“Nick’s a very talented and flexible player. He was a strong midfield contributor in the first two rounds.

“He can mark in his own right, but predominantly kicks them using his body and reading the ball better than his opponent.

He was kicking them from all parts — snap shots or really nice set-shots, he did it all. He’s a right-footer, but he’s confident on both.”
Sounds like a player from the 70's 80's that was one of my favourites.
What a coincidence, same surname & play similar type of footy...amazing.

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have a mate that takes keen interest in how young daics is going he seems to be very good mates with peter, he seems to tell me quite often although it's early he shapes as a top 10 player of his draft. He went on to say his skills were sublime and never misses a target by foot, I believe he is 16 next year and could be playing senior football next year in a local league. Sounds promising anyhow.

zorbadunde

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have a mate that takes keen interest in how young daics is going he seems to be very good mates with peter, he seems to tell me quite often although it's early he shapes as a top 10 player of his draft. He went on to say his skills were sublime and never misses a target by foot, I believe he is 16 next year and could be playing senior football next year in a local league. Sounds promising anyhow.

Nick will be a top 10 pick in his draft year that is without a doubt. At this stage he is rated in the top 2-3 for his age group in Victoria. He is a special talent and has been since his younger days, with the right development and management of his body he will become a star for Collingwood.

He will come into oakleigh chargers next year and is already part of the academy at collingwood. Looking forward to seeing his development over the next 2 years.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We seem nicely placed with father sons.

Of course young Nick may be the mother of all father sons.

:)

Last edited:

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I always get worried hearing about kids who are going to be top 10 picks this far back. So many fall away. I think it makes it hard for me to get excited from him because I rather watch him play the champs and TAC in a few years time to form my own opinion. Hope he comes on but the hype for this kid is pretty over the top currently.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I always get worried hearing about kids who are going to be top 10 picks this far back. So many fall away. I think it makes it hard for me to get excited from him because I rather watch him play the champs and TAC in a few years time to form my own opinion. Hope he comes on but the hype for this kid is pretty over the top currently.
On this you are right.

Being so young is fraught with danger in the prediction business.

But truth is the Daicos name conjures magical memories and it’s a little dream to await something a bit special named Daicos.

Then there’s the two Buckley boys...

Just a bit of fun, but for me realistically it’s just that a bit of fun.

Until it’s proven with performance, then we can really know.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
On this you are right.

Being so young is fraught with danger in the prediction business.

But truth is the Daicos name conjures magical memories and it’s a little dream to await something a bit special named Daicos.

Then there’s the two Buckley boys...

Just a bit of fun, but for me realistically it’s just that a bit of fun.

Until it’s proven with performance, then we can really know.
I’m all for fun SV, and I agree wholeheartedly, but I think some people are past the point of fun and it’s starting to build the pressure that makes or breaks a kid. He shouldn’t have to deal with it at 15.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Would have been awesome if he was draft eligible next year due to us not having a first rounder

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have been awesome if he was draft eligible next year due to us not having a first rounder

With Ned Guy onboard we seem to be much more adept at manipulating the draft to our advantage. So I wouldn't be surprised if we did some horse trading pre-draft should young Nick prove worthy of first round bids. Just as we did this year ala Beams/Quaynor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back