2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really understand the comments about Logue's kicking. He's got a nice action, plenty of distance and power and weights them pretty well most of the time.
That's what I see as well.
Occasionally may neglect a better option putting the receiver under too much pressure but that's a judgement issue.
His kicking mechanics are very sound and I reckon he's putting it to within a metre of where he wants over 20/30/and 40 metres.Can't see how he's going to develop into anything other than a reliable kick.Maybe a lot better than that once his decision making improves.
I'd be interested to see him really put his boot through one cos he tonks it 60 without busting a gut.

Not writing sheridan off but agree he was shocking today.

He tried to break every tackle and got caught every time, needs to play on the outside to be effective imo

Really hoping we look to trade him at the end of the year. Should have tried to Palm him off to the Weags when they were desperate for outside pace and precision kicking (not saying that he has those traits in spades, but we could've lied to the dumb campaigners).

Don't really understand the comments about Logue's kicking. He's got a nice action, plenty of distance and power and weights them pretty well most of the time.
Long way to go before we can make the call if he's worth the price we paid, I'm not convinced he's pick 7 good but there is a lot of potential there and he's pretty handy for his age and size.

Yes the comments about his kicking in today's game were interesting (I was not able to watch). In the AFL under significantly more pressure his kicks looked pretty neat and tidy with plenty of power. How about we just go with an off game??

That's what I see as well.
Occasionally may neglect a better option putting the receiver under too much pressure but that's a judgement issue.
His kicking mechanics are very sound and I reckon he's putting it to within a metre of where he wants over 20/30/and 40 metres.Can't see how he's going to develop into anything other than a reliable kick.Maybe a lot better than that once his decision making improves.
I'd be interested to see him really put his boot through one cos he tonks it 60 without busting a gut.
In the pre-season he kicked a 9 pointer off one step so he can roost it ok.

Sean Darcy was awesome today. Those snaps of his were incredible for someone his size.

Ryan must be getting very close to a debut - thought he was also in the mix for BOG as he just worked hard all day... as his stats also show:

13 marks! 24 disposals including 19 kicks and I reckon almost all of those hit the target. 2 inside 50s, and unlucky to miss a goal from a massive roost from way outside 50. Only 1 tackle is a little surprising and something he needs to work on - was also a criticism pre draft.

I though sean Darcy , Blair bell deserve to be best. Sherriden is pure vanilla would rather put Luke Ryan than him.

In the pre-season he kicked a 9 pointer off one step so he can roost it ok.
Remember it well and it seemed as though he wasn't attempting to whack the leather off the pill;just controlled power that travelled easy 55 or whatever.
Can't see the issues with his kicking,in fact as a first year player he's not as good as Silly but who else beats him in their first half year??

People here need to realised that logue is in his first year of limited pre season .

I saw him in his draft year. My opinion hasn't changed: He's a project player, and not a natural footballer. I still would have drafted him, but pick 7 was too early for me.

I saw him in his draft year. My opinion hasn't changed: He's a project player, and not a natural footballer. I still would have drafted him, but pick 7 was too early for me.
Well I respect your opinion, I will disagree until next year to see his ceiling .

Amongst 7 News' leading stories is a claim that Harley Bennell is being investigated for something. The accompanying vision showed Harley talking to one of the indigenous lads at Peel during one of the breaks so not sure yet what they're referring to. Anyone down there today see anything at quarter or three quarter time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amongst 7 News' leading stories is a claim that Harley Bennell is being investigated for something. The accompanying vision showed Harley talking to one of the indigenous lads at Peel during one of the breaks so not sure yet what they're referring to. Anyone down there today see anything at quarter or three quarter time?

Meh. Just saw it. Looks like he was giving advice to Traye Bennell. A bit dopey to interrupt a coach's address though.

1) Development - WAFL will allow Logue to further develop his natural footballing instincts. He will be a better player for it.

2) Hunger - Make him earn a spot. Gifting games to players can give them a false sense of security, they won't work on the things they need to.

What is your relationship to Logue?

Meh. Just saw it. Looks like he was giving advice to Traye Bennell. A bit dopey to interrupt a coach's address though.
All Shepperd's addresses are just inane ranting full of f**k bombs, deserves to be interrupted.

I thought at one point one tv shot showed Bennell on the Peel bench talking to a player - presume he might not be allowed there?

Yes the comments about his kicking in today's game were interesting (I was not able to watch). In the AFL under significantly more pressure his kicks looked pretty neat and tidy with plenty of power. How about we just go with an off game??
Thing is I wouldn't even call it that. Most of his kicking was fine and he got plenty of it, linked up well and mostly used it well.
There aren't many players who can kick 50M easily, like effortlessly. He may well have Rich/Suckling type power as he develops. He's already shown he can take a contested mark. Looked to panic a bit at the top level but at the much slower pace of WAFL he looks unhurried and makes good decisions. If he can become that Heath Black half back type that kicks it 60 and hits targets . . . There is a lot to like

1) Development - WAFL will allow Logue to further develop his natural footballing instincts. He will be a better player for it.

2) Hunger - Make him earn a spot. Gifting games to players can give them a false sense of security, they won't work on the things they need to.

What is your relationship to Logue?
Well I agree is better to allow him to play more game time in wafl that afl with limited minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back