Player Watch Jarryd Blair (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Two players down for most of the game then lost a third in the last quarter and Blair cost us the game. Some funny posters on here.LOL

I know you love the Effort Players.

Blair not the Only Reason we lost but IF he did not go hard at that Ball at the End we probably win.

Plays get Games into Kids that have More Talent and have a Future at the Club

That last free kick was gutting. The miss when he went for goal was awful too. But before that he was very solid. A solid B. Which means he might play next week.
Showed a lack of composure in that last incident, maybe a case of trying too hard

Overall was pretty good, especially early

Well he does some glaring mistakes for a senior player
And so do a few others. I am all for Blair not in the side, but only if there are others with form ready to do it. Not because l don't like him

Last edited:

Blair not the Only Reason we lost but IF he did not go hard at that Ball at the End we probably win.

But td do they have form yet to replace any one

Played solid today.
He did, and whilst he's not my cup of tea, he deserved his spot on today.

Yes, glaring mistake towards the death, but he kicked goals and find his job.

Ps I would never boo one of my own, that just doesn't cut it, booing our own.

Rubbish, I could pick out at least a dozen reasons.

I'd be more inclined to point the finger at Moore with his stupid fifty.

OK Blairy

You arent the most popular man on this board, and I should confess you have on occasions had me asking WTF? with some of the things you have or havent done on game day.

But at your 150 game milestone I am thinking of the once fairly zippy and reliably determined tackler and the and small guy who was capable of pulling out some handy kicks for goal.

No matter what anyone here says, you will go to your post football career as a man who donned the Black and White 150 times and has a Premiership medal.

May whatever else you do with your life be a success and may you and your family be happy (and if you ever have kids which look like being any good can you point them in the direction of the Pies who will be able to get them with a Father Son, thanks to your contribution).

Thank you, and enjoy the day

OK Blairy

You arent the most popular man on this board, and I should confess you have on occasions had me asking WTF? with some of the things you have or havent done on game day.

But at your 150 game milestone I am thinking of the once fairly zippy and reliably determined tackler and the and small guy who was capable of pulling out some handy kicks for goal.

No matter what anyone here says, you will go to your post football career as a man who donned the Black and White 150 times and has a Premiership medal.

May whatever else you do with your life be a success and may you and your family be happy (and if you ever have kids which look like being any good can you point them in the direction of the Pies who will be able to get them with a Father Son, thanks to your contribution).

Well said, some posters on this board have no respect for AFL players and what they have achieved.

OK Blairy

Good call....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he may be played out of position. I reckon he'd be pretty decent in the midfield (considering he is a midfielder).

I hope they play him as an undersized Doug Barwick style full forward (which I suspect he'd quite enjoy) and he kicks ten

if only some of our stars had his and goldys endeavor and spacial awareness
maybe then we would win more

I can see the merit of giving Blair his 150th.... his commitment to the club has earned him that much. Important for players to know that the club will reward them with milestone games.

The only problem is I can see him having 14 touches, 3 tackles and kicking a goal.... and getting another game a week later over a Kirby, Brown or Daicos.

I can see the merit of giving Blair his 150th.... his commitment to the club has earned him that much. Important for players to know that the club will reward them with milestone games.

The only problem is I can see him having 14 touches, 3 tackles and kicking a goal.... and getting another game a week later over a Kirby, Brown or Daicos.
The goal is a bonus!

OK Blairy

Excellent post.

He deserves great thanks and appreciation for a career achieved from less natural talent than most.

Well done Blair.

And whilst I've never been an advocate I've never ever wanted him not to succeed when playing.

I hope they play him as an undersized Doug Barwick style full forward (which I suspect he'd quite enjoy) and he kicks ten
Doug Barwick, gee he is a forgotten player in many ways.
Great kick too.
Great speed.
Terrific actually.

Leigh Matthews loved him in the side.

Doug Barwick, gee he is a forgotten player in many ways.
Great kick too.
Great speed.
Terrific actually.

Leigh Matthews loved him in the side.

They should be creative at Collingwood and have awards for PBs... any sub 180cm player who kicks a goal beyond 55m should get the Dougie Barwick award at years end. Do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back