2006 GF Day: Where were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets take a trip down memory lane to distract from current criticism.

I was at Cheers in vic park watching the game, I chucked a fiver on Embers for the Normie early on because he was playing well. Paid off.

Can you remember where you were that day, that moment the siren went?

Lets take a trip down memory lane to distract from current criticism.

I was at Cheers in vic park watching the game, I chucked a fiver on Embers for the Normie early on because he was playing well. Paid off.

Can you remember where you were that day, that moment the siren went?
Hugging a stranger next to me, back row, top tier at the MCG. Those last two minutes were the longest of my life. My then 11 year old daughter kept asking every ten seconds "How long to go now Dad?". When the siren went the scenes of jubilation around us were out of this world.

I was 12 and went to watch the game in the cinemas, it was a great atmosphere, and the place absolutely erupted when the siren sounded. The whole crowd streamed out and were singing the song through the centre after the game.

Last edited:
I was in Dunnybrah in the same rental property i was at for the 2005 grand final. In 05 i ended nearly busting my fist after punching a tree but in 2006 i lost my voice and kinda wished i was 6 years older and was able to get on the piss.

Funniest story from the 2006 GF was a bunch of blokes watching what they thought was the GF on Foxtel when it was a 2005 replay

Lost their s**t at losing again by less than a goal before they realised their mistake

I was living in Alberta back then and watched to 05 GF at the only Aussie pub in Calgary surrounded by bloody Sydney supporters. The pub had closed down by the 06 GF, and I was also on my honeymoon, so we headed to the Grizzly Paw Brewing Co in Canmore (little town not far from Banff) which stayed open for an extra 2 hours so a bunch of WC and Sydney supporters could watch the game. Fantastic night with some great Sydney supporters who were up for the banter.

Still not quite as good as the 92 GF - the whole state stopped for that one!

Funniest story from the 2006 GF was a bunch of blokes watching what they thought was the GF on Foxtel when it was a 2005 replay

Lost their s**t at losing again by less than a goal before they realised their mistake
Same thing happened to my sister, though she clicked during the second quarter when she realised Sampi wasn't meant to be playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a North Perth lounge room, ecstatic for the third flag, but mostly glad that slackjawed dunce Steve Quartermain wouldn't have anything Leo Barry-related to scream that year.

At the Royal Show, selling cheap crap to idiots. The stall was about 50m from the Eagles' Team Stall, which was playing the game, and when I heard a lot of loud cheering I knew we'd won. Still angry I missed it.

I was with my sister at one of her friends houses. The last few minutes me and my sister were just standing up nervously holding each other. When the siren went we just starting jumping around whilst hugging each other. I'll never forget it. :)

Does anyone remember the "Gone Fishing" incident from another website?
Poor dockerland

There's still freo supporters that think they would have won the flag if they'd beaten Sydney in the prelim

Ignoring, of course, that they didn't get close to Sydney in that game

At the Royal Show with Mum and Dad, watching it on the big screen at the main oval.

I was 12 at the time and couldn't believe we'd actually done it. Went straight off to buy an Eagles showbag haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back