Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Does Luke Ryan kick off both feet?
A right footer with a really unusual assessment of time and space.When you think he's likely to be hammered and claimed within a step or two he takes another step or two and delivers untroubled.
I'd imagine he'd be something like Silly where it's unobtainable for mortals but our wrong peg's as good as everyone else's right peg.

All Shepperd's addresses are just inane ranting full of f**k bombs, deserves to be interrupted.

I think Cam's getting an education as well because he's improving.
Maybe he's asked Harley and others to get amongst the blokes with advice and encouragement?
Although salim's suggestion is he got the shits.
If I was him I'd be having a fat relax now and again;be tempting to vent.
Elite athletes are very determined beasts.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Pretty sure they zoomed in on Bennell in the crowd mid game with some girl and I'm fairly sure she had a UDL in her hand. (maybe he did too?)
Maybe upset over that? doubt it though

all just speculation

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ryan and Nyhuis and patches of Darcy were the most impressive for me. Duman showing signs when has a lot more bulk. Sherro confirming why he is playing for Peel ATM really. Logue similar - lots of good but plenty of ordinary too which he can work on. Bell probably should have been rookied by an AFL club last year.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bell just know how to open up defense with his quick decision after a mark , not many player had that in them.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really excited about Ryan - he's Afl quality for sure.
Sheridan - if I'd never seen him play before I'd assume he's just some under-developed farm boy from Pinjarra . Showed nothing to me.

I really enjoyed Darcy's ruck craft. His goals were a bonus but loved his tap work more, he seems to just get his hand on it when it looks like he has no chance. Subtle, but really effective body work too

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton
That's a fact.
Was at the game.
While watching the game a channel 7 'worker' made a complaint to a security staff member that was standing next to me and my mates.
He said Bennell had gotten into (?) face and was very aggressive.
This may have been the camera guy filming him.
Later someone near us pointed out he was drinking a beer. Cannot confirm myself, but later others also said the same thing.
Could be why he got aggressive to the camera man???

Peel Thunder Gold Member

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sheridan had a good 3rd quarter though - some of his handball gave Peel good flow forward, but he loses crucial contests. Not a bad game.
After 5 year with freo , I rather him be freo best 22 whipping boy to be honest. Watching him playing for peel cause me to compare his performance with Tim Kelly . Tim Kelly > sherriden week in week out as a semi pro.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
After 5 year with freo , I rather him be freo best 22 whipping boy to be honest. Watching him playing for peel cause me to compare his performance with Tim Kelly . Tim Kelly > sherriden week in week out as a semi pro.
question; are you serious when you make these statements that imply you would rather Peel are stronger at the expense of Freo?
Or is it just a joke you use all the time?

Rhino20

Debutant
Jan 25, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
1) Development - WAFL will allow Logue to further develop his natural footballing instincts. He will be a better player for it.

2) Hunger - Make him earn a spot. Gifting games to players can give them a false sense of security, they won't work on the things they need to.

What is your relationship to Logue?

Yeah two very good points, agree on both of them. But don't think just leaving him in the wafl if he's demanding a spot over someone in the ones is fair! I think maybe another 4-5 later in season would be a good first season, let him build up his confidence for a solid block and then bring him back to the ones towards the end of the season

As discussed before followed him all through is draft year through 18s as a swannies player and friend of another 18s players dad

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
question; are you serious when you make these statements that imply you would rather Peel are stronger at the expense of Freo?
Or is it just a joke you use all the time?
I am serious , need to trade him out once and for all , no point hanging around next year for rebuild. Sherriden as a victorian should had taker from eastern state for trade . 35 touches is pretty good after sitting out as unused emergency last week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah two very good points, agree on both of them. But don't think just leaving him in the wafl if he's demanding a spot over someone in the ones is fair! I think maybe another 4-5 later in season would be a good first season, let him build up his confidence for a solid block and then bring him back to the ones towards the end of the season

As discussed before followed him all through is draft year through 18s as a swannies player and friend of another 18s players dad
He is pretty good , but as much I like him to be best 22 ,he do need some time to develop, he always get lose a bit after a good start.

uhumktZ.png

NojyxVT.png

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was at the game.
While watching the game a channel 7 'worker' made a complaint to a security staff member that was standing next to me and my mates.
He said Bennell had gotten into (?) face and was very aggressive.
This may have been the camera guy filming him.
Later someone near us pointed out he was drinking a beer. Cannot confirm myself, but later others also said the same thing.
Could be why he got aggressive to the camera man???

Peel Thunder Gold Member

I sat directly behind Harley and I can categorically state he was not drinking beer , his girl friend had a UDL can and he did take one short sip from the can. Its bullshit he was drinking beer.

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I sat directly behind Harley and I can categorically state he was not drinking beer , his girl friend had a UDL can and he did take one short sip from the can. Its bullshit he was drinking beer.

Never said I saw him drinking beer, a few others 'claimed' they did.
Maybe he did not want to be shown sitting in the stands 'sipping' his girlfriends UDL?

Did you see him get aggressive towards the channel 7 staff??
Because I 100% heard the exchange between the c7 staff member to security.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was probably pissed at those morons trying to make a story out of him instead of focusing on the football.

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton
He was probably pissed at those morons trying to make a story out of him instead of focusing on the football.
True mate
I really want to see him back on the park, outstanding player, and I am a big fan of his.
No doubt he will never shake the 'bad boy' image.
The media would be more interested in his past even if he won a brownlow media.
He has the talent to do so and wish he one day does.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe he did not want to be shown sitting in the stands 'sipping' his girlfriends UDL?

If you never saw him drinking beer why the **ck mention it. BF is full of bull s**t posters who use unverified claims from others to start rumours. I did see the exchange with the camera man and it was a discussion, dont know what was said but there was not any aggressive moves from Bennell. Piss of back to your board and discuss your rabble of a club.

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton
If you never saw him drinking beer why the **ck mention it. BF is full of bull s**t posters who use unverified claims from others to start rumours. I did see the exchange with the camera man and it was a discussion, dont know what was said but there was not any aggressive moves from Bennell. Piss of back to your board and discuss your rabble of a club.

Next home game,come up to the bear trap bar and we can discuss.
Stating fact mate, if you dont like it Salim, well you have probably been told enough in you life.
See you in 3 weeks. very looking forward to it.
Loser.

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton

Then why did Channel 7 get security lol

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton

Rabble of a club lol
Yep and you guys are sooooo successful

Sep 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Carlton

100% you were not even there.
What I stated was not 'in the news'
Funny what you said including'his girlfriend had a UDL' was all in the news.
Where exactly were you sitting?
I know exactly where Bennell was sitting.
You were directly behind him.....???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back