Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive the intrusion... can't understand the hoo-hah over Pav's Midland comment. The world has lost it's sense of humour... but maybe that's because I've had a long exposure to things like 'the collingwood supporter lost his car keys, don't worry he'll just pinch another ride'... 'how does a collingwood supporter start his car.. with a screwdriver'..

Fairly specific to cars. May I ask how you got/start yours? ;)

In all seriousness nobody who is looking into this comment at any level of detail takes it seriously. It's a joke. All jokes tend to offend something.

The people getting offended over this comment are getting offended because they think it's a joke about aboriginals, instead of what it is, which is a joke about Midland. It may be getting more attention over East because they aren't familiar with Midland and think that it's a predominantly aboriginal community or something. Which it isn't (I think 10% was stated by someone early, but I'm not sure and too lazy to check). You can go through the last few pages of this thread if you want more info, but that's basically the summery of it.

Fairly specific to cars. May I ask how you got/start yours? ;)

In all seriousness nobody who is looking into this comment at any level of detail takes it seriously. It's a joke. All jokes tend to offend something.

The people getting offended over this comment are getting offended because they think it's a joke about aboriginals, instead of what it is, which is a joke about Midland. It may be getting more attention over East because they aren't familiar with Midland and think that it's a predominantly aboriginal community or something. Which it isn't (I think 10% was stated by someone early, but I'm not sure and too lazy to check). You can go through the last few pages of this thread if you want more info, but that's basically the summery of it.

Blue plastic packing strap to get in...screwdriver to start her up... and away we go...

And the reaction from dockers fans

To their credit eagles fans* have all been sensible about it (on here, don't know what it's been like on your cesspit of a board), I think we'd be the same if the roles were reversed.

*other than that racist who automatically associates crime with indigenous people, Brendan Foster

But would Josh Hill or Lewis Jetta steal a ball from opposition player? I think they would stand back and let someone else do it, or wait for the ball to spill free.

Are you saying they are soft outside receivers?
Sounds particularly racist.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheez. I'm over talk about racism. Especially casual racism. Know what the consequences are of racism/ hatred are. One group, the racists. killing other. Let's judge racism by it's action and so if someone says something mean to you and you happen to be part of a minority group, don't call it racism/ casual racism. Come on bullies. So let's not bring the racism conversation into footy. Who's driving the idea that we can't say anything about anything without being labelled? I'm not wearing it. Let's at least keep it out of here. It just seems to me that the invisible voice that wants to keep drumming up the racist talk is the one with the issue, the false accuser. It is by our actions we are judged. LOLs.

The way the Vic Commentary talked that dog Cotchin jumper punch down to a fine makes me sick! No jumper and that's 3 weeks so what deserves a week or two at least!

It should but jumper punches don't result in a suspension.

Should give them a serve in the comments section and on twitter. Echoing the whining coming from the Richmond big footy board.
Someone on the MB said that on the radio Tiger caller rang up and complained that it cost them the game but Hardie replied that it was just a leveler for the for the goal of ours that wasn't given. Then he hung up lol.

So um... back to casual racism.

Anyone see the beginning of Bounce tonight? Hilarious stuff fellas. Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back