hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sloane tries his backside off to stay involved, he's just not physically big enough to intimidate his opponents.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Let's be honest, Gore will never play a game for us, so that's a loss right there.

Milera? Yeah some talent and he's young so we'll see. But I have given up on Menzel. I'll let him persuade me I am wrong, but he gets no benefit of the doubt anymore, no more "oh he just needs a good run of games." He had his chances tonight to deliver and he was awful. Prove me wrong, Troy. Please, I'd love to be wrong.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Basically Dangerfield for Milera.
We got rag dolled.

Basically Dangerfield for Milera.
We got rag dolled.
+1

The irony is that if we got the compensation pick for Danger, arguably we may have made a better selection with a later first rounder as Milera would have been gone by then.

Then again we may have got another Doedee.....:huh:

+1

The irony is that if we got the compensation pick for Danger, arguably we may have made a better selection with a later first rounder as Milera would have been gone by then.

Then again we may have got another Doedee.....:huh:

We would have still drafted Doedee. We'd just be without Milera

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It never mattered how Menz, Gore or Milera went. We were massive losers as soon as we signed the trade form. Subsequent events are irrelevant. What we did with the picks is a seperate event. But it turns out that not only did we get massive unders for Danger, we look to have overpaid for Menzel and every other 2015 acquisition.

It never mattered how Menz, Gore or Milera went. We were massive losers as soon as we signed the trade form. Subsequent events are irrelevant. What we did with the picks is a seperate event. But it turns out that not only did we get massive unders for Danger, we look to have overpaid for Menzel and every other 2015 acquisition.

Agree.

In hindsight of course, if Milera does become a bust, it would have been nice to have forced the Cats to give us more for Danger. Mind you back then I wanted Cockatoo as well as their first and thats looking at this stage of potentially being a bust for them as well.

Danger royally screwed the Club by only forcing us to deal with Geelong and removing any potential leverage we may have had.

Imagine if we could have traded with Melbourne and grabbed two top 5 draft picks.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Menzel is a half forward flanker forward pocket

If he's played there he'll do ok

Tom Lynch was a spud his first cupla seasons as a Crow

I'd give him more time

Sloane may have been tagged heavily, but where on Earth were the Crouch boys? And Hampton?

No midfield is a one man team, even when Sloane has been impressive as he's been

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Menzel is a half forward flanker forward pocket

If he's played there he'll do ok

Tom Lynch was a spud his first cupla seasons as a Crow

I'd give him more time

Sloane may have been tagged heavily, but where on Earth were the Crouch boys? And Hampton?

No midfield is a one man team, even when Sloane has been impressive as he's been

Brad had 26 from 66% TOG and Matt 29 I think. Got their hands on it ok, we just struggle to exit the stoppage with any degree of quality when the heat is turned up. Richmond did it for a quarter and led us at quarter time. Luckily they stopped getting numbers around the contest pretty early in the second quarter.

Brad had 26 from 66% TOG and Matt 29 I think. Got their hands on it ok, we just struggle to exit the stoppage with any degree of quality when the heat is turned up. Richmond did it for a quarter and led us at quarter time. Luckily they stopped getting numbers around the contest pretty early in the second quarter.

Brad's 26 touches were some of the worst I've ever seen

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brad's 26 touches were some of the worst I've ever seen

Some were pretty bad. Needs to hold onto the ball longer and take some tackles on. Too many occasions he's giving off as soon as he takes possession and it's not coming off. I'm not worried yet, if it hasn't been sorted in 3-4 weeks I'll start to wonder. But I'm confident his composure will come pretty quickly.

TheKev

All Australian
Mar 16, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
Now even more officially screwed over with this one, Milera better have a breakout season next year...

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
What are you talking about? Lynch was our leading goalkicker in his second year at the club.

Menzel was played as a small forward and at half forward and couldn't get a game.

Where on earth we're the Crouch boys? They both had just had great seasons and one of them just won the B'n'F. It's not their job to babysit Sloane.

Where was Hampton? He spent most of the season injured. He was decent when he was fit.

If you are going to be this hopelessly clueless, just **** right off to the St Kilda board.

Check the date of the post.;):p

Well the main risk we took with this deal has backfired in Menzel, and the steak knife who showed a bit at Geelong didn't fire a shot here in Gore.

Hopefully Milera can establish himself as a top 10 player though here, give us something to salvage.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Bit surprised but not overly shocked on Gore, seemed like a depth player.

Menzel was a huge disappointment. Obviously has garbage work ethic because the talent is there.

gore was a gun for geelong in the vfl, for an 18yr old to perform the way he did for their vfl team was pretty good.

Thought Menzel would have played out his contract. A shame really, I'd say he has more natural talent than his brother but without the attitude or commitment which is what the club must have thought as well. Gore isn't surprising, a real * up of a trade that was, just got bent over completely without a whimper. Spineless.

Back