No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its embarrassing when you go to Melbourne and it feels pleasantly well priced.
Someone posted a comparison of several typical stadium foods and drinks from all (I think) the AFL stadiums, I forget if it was on this board or the main one. I was actually surprised to see that some things were actually cheaper at subi. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find it.

Someone posted a comparison of several typical stadium foods and drinks from all (I think) the AFL stadiums, I forget if it was on this board or the main one. I was actually surprised to see that some things were actually cheaper at subi. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find it.
yeah i cant really say if the stadium food is cheaper but just generally

i think its more what you get for the money, wouldn't find any worse food at a lunch bar at 4pm.

last year at the G' on the way in there were nandos trucks, stuffed spuds etc a bit of variety at normal prices. Subi just has s**t, not even the old $18 chicken treat chicken roll combos

They should let those food vans in. Let them park along the curb instead of the vip cars. As a docker it sickened me to see carpenter, as premier hop into one of them.

I am starting to worried that once injuries and suspension happen this team and the rebuild vision fall apart . 2015 all over again overachiever without depth (AfL experience) to step in .

I'm ambivalent about finishing higher than expected, or even making finals as I do want a good draft pick BUT...

Saying that, it's our first round picks that we've stuffed up royally... our later picks are actually pretty good (Lachie Neale says Hai) and we've found some handy rookie gems. Going to the draft is a bit of a chook lotto in any case, and you can't teach winning by losing - so bring it on, wins!

Btw, a sneaky on the Wiggles board shows some gloating about how Fyfe wasn't in that pile of bodies suffocating Mundy at the end of yesterday's game ("Fyfe couldn't be ****ed") and are already rubbing hands in glee about the salty tears when he leaves. I hope he signs soon, would love to rub faces in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if they will struggle to get past week one I think playing a final together as a group is good experience. Gold Coast also already have our 2nd round this year.
I agree , no point getting high pick where ibbo , spurr still on the list, better wait until they retire .by then maybe trade ready made players with draft pick like hawthorn .

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent about finishing higher than expected, or even making finals as I do want a good draft pick BUT...

IMO, the best thing about building and possibly making finals is the bond and belief it builds in the group. We have a lot of good players out of contract. If they are playing well together, building and can see a possible crack at the big one coming, they are more likely to stick together and re-sign.

Winning can only be a good thing.

Our melts are very poor compared to the melting on the Tigers board.

We must improve the quality of our melts if we are to match it with the Big Four. :rolleyes:

Tigers board decidedly tame last night. I was disappointed by the lack of large numbers of reactionary threads. I guess they are all #ECO by now.

I hate, hate, HATE all the speculation that we might be losing our talented youngsters (Tucker, Balic). I hate, hate, HATE that we may never see Harley Bennell tearing it up. :mad: It makes me so mad. I want to throw things at Brad Lloyd for picking so many interstaters that at this stage in our rebuild it makes me anxious they will all decide to go home and leave us in a hole. :mad:

Also... I'm looking at you, Fyfe. I know you're waiting for the CBA, but you're holding everyone up. Don't you think one of the reasons why our uncontracted youngsters aren't sewn up yet (and are having people in their ear) is because everyone is waiting for you to decide what you're doing and how much of the pie you are going to eat? Just sign already! :mad::mad::mad:

Okay, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. :rainbow:

Also... I'm looking at you, Fyfe. I know you're waiting for the CBA, but you're holding everyone up. Don't you think one of the reasons why our uncontracted youngsters aren't sewn up yet (and are having people in their ear) is because everyone is waiting for you to decide what you're doing and how much of the pie you are going to eat? Just sign already! :mad::mad::mad:

Doesn't he usually wait until the end of his current contract before re-signing? It makes sense as he can get more leverage in the contract negotiations. I'm not gonna hold logical business decisions against Fyfey (unless he goes to St Kilda, then he's dead to me :'(:'(:'( ;)).

FFS Bennell's eating hot chips and now Fyfe is going to eat a large chunk of pie. I'm getting angry too now :mad::rage::bomb::fireemoji:

Pretty annoyed with our medical staff today. Another player coming off long-term injury re-injures themselves, obviously being brought back too early.

How many times must this happen before we concede we have a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back