The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had dinner at the club last night, after the shanghai game and on mothers day.
I was expecting a Grade A clusterf**k, but I was pleasantly surprised.

More than one girl on taking orders, while there was a big line for most of the night they got through in reasonable time.
Plenty of wait staff bringing food out.

Looks like the new chef knows whats up, plenty of specials that you might actually want to eat, I got the lamb shanks and they were spot on. All the regular stuff, steaks, fish and chips and schnittys have vaaaaaastly improved too (we were in a large group so we saw most of it). Salad and Veg bar could still use a shot in the arm, and surely we can afford an ice cream machine for the kids.

But on the whole it's a huge improvement, and for the first time in a long time I didn't leave embarrassed that we'd taken the extended fam to the club to eat!

Do not tempt me, Demon.

More than one girl on taking orders, while there was a big line for most of the night they got through in reasonable time.

Looks like the new chef knows whats up, plenty of specials that you might actually want to eat, I got the lamb shanks and they were spot on. All the regular stuff, steaks, fish and chips and schnittys have vaaaaaastly improved too (we were in a large group so we saw most of it). Salad and Veg bar could still use a shot in the arm, and surely we can afford an ice cream machine for the kids.

But on the whole it's a huge improvement, and for the first time in a long time I didn't leave embarrassed that we'd taken the extended fam to the club to eat!

Hey, what's with the ageism when it comes to ice cream? :p

Did anyone go to watch the game yesterday?
Yep, upstairs was very busy and downstairs most of the tables were taken. Not the busiest I've seen it but a good atmosphere nonetheless.

A bowl of wedges is enough to feed a family of 4.

Thread title amended accordingly.

1a031033f3bbfe8c745f3711beeba253.png

Never been to the club for meals. Thinking of going for a burger and beer before the game on Sunday. Would it be really busy? Should I make a reservation? How long should I expect my order to take? Are the burgers any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back