Congratulations to Eleni Glouftsis , first woman to umpire an AFL senior match

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care how good she is at making correct decisions, there's only one thing on my mind:.

Can she bounce a ball straight up?

Well that's just plain ridiculous. I couldn't give a s**t how she bounces the ball given the central umpire bounces the ball and it's thrown up around the ground.

Good on her, hope she does well and she makes the right decisions in our victory this weekend.

Well that's just plain ridiculous. I couldn't give a s**t how she bounces the ball given the central umpire bounces the ball and it's thrown up around the ground.

Good on her, hope she does well and she makes the right decisions in our victory this weekend.
The afl seems to care a bit about umpires bouncing the ball for some reason

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Congratulations to Eleni Glouftsis will be umpiring the Essendon v West Coast match this weekend
All I can say is fantastic, I reckon women are more straight forward, as long as she doesn't pretend to be a male umpire, like some of the female commentators do try to sound like on air . Just be yourself , women have better eyes for whats actually meant or not, better perception, than men, I was saying last year when will the AFL bring in more and more female field umpires?
With the destruction of the game through grey rules maybe the AFL will get smarter with using women , males whether footballers or umpires all have egos and all think the world is all about them , look at some of the more over the top umpires Razor comes to mind, and remember the abominable Goldspink!!!!!!!

The AFL would do well to resign , and let people who love football run it!

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
If she gets booed after making a poor decision is it sexist?

Have played country footy in a league that had a couple of female umpires going back at least 8 years. Both seemed to be good, loved the banter and their decision making was no better or worse than the blokes. They were simply there doing a job and allowing us to,play the great game we love.

Congratulations to the young lady...a credit to her. Let hope no one makes a big deal if she does make the odd blue...she is woman as are we blokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on her and I hope she continues the long standing tradition of screwing over St Kilda every single game of theirs she gets.

If Leigh Fisher umpires a St Kilda game does Plugger's head explode?

Considering it's a West Coast match her whistle will certainly get a workout.

Well done Eleni Glouftsis, please gift us the 4 points kthx.

Not at Subi. Hometownumpspls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back