Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Thats true that it wouldnt be a true state league without them. The problems with travel and the lack of high standard facilities are not anybodys fault it is just the reality of the situation but to me these problems seem unfixable. I often go to NWFL games and there a lots of players in that comp that would make Burnie and Devonport highly competitive in the TSL but they are just not interested. Devonport are already in the NWFL so they certainly have a viable option and with Burnie would make it a nice 8 team comp. With regards to finances all the non TSL clubs get by without the handouts so I cant see why that is an issue. Bigger crowds and more local support make up for that.

The AFL run all this. They need to make a sensible decision about all this. Hahahaha!! Imagine that! AFLTas making a sensible decision.
Anyway I think if you want a TSL then make it 8 teams. Burnie, Devonport, NL, Launceston play home & away against each other twice, so thats 12 games for each club. Then play Glenorchy, Clarence, Kingston & NHCFC Home & away once each club. So thats another 8 games. A 20 game season with Burnie making 4 trips south in total. Otherwise forget it & Dump the NWC & have 3 in Launy & 5 in Hobart. What else?

The AFL run all this. They need to make a sensible decision about all this. Hahahaha!! Imagine that! AFLTas making a sensible decision.
Anyway I think if you want a TSL then make it 8 teams. Burnie, Devonport, NL, Launceston play home & away against each other twice, so thats 12 games for each club. Then play Glenorchy, Clarence, Kingston & NHCFC Home & away once each club. So thats another 8 games. A 20 game season with Burnie making 4 trips south in total. Otherwise forget it & Dump the NWC & have 3 in Launy & 5 in Hobart. What else?
If the coastal teams did leave the TSL an 8 team comp as you suggested may be worth a try but Thane Brady and NL wouldnt like an extra team in Launy one bit. AFL Tas dont seem to understand that the travel issue is the real killer for the coastal teams. Maybe they could schedule some of the games between southern and north west teams on a rotating basis in Launceston. This would help ease the burden on the coastal teams and also mean the number of trips to the coast for the southern teams would also be reduced to maybe once a year instead of twice, some mathematician smarter than me would have to work that out. AFL Tas need to realise they have to do something different to help the coastal teams if they want them to stay and hopefully it is with the support of the other clubs.

If the coastal teams did leave the TSL an 8 team comp as you suggested may be worth a try but Thane Brady and NL wouldnt like an extra team in Launy one bit. AFL Tas dont seem to understand that the travel issue is the real killer for the coastal teams. Maybe they could schedule some of the games between southern and north west teams on a rotating basis in Launceston. This would help ease the burden on the coastal teams and also mean the number of trips to the coast for the southern teams would also be reduced to maybe once a year instead of twice, some mathematician smarter than me would have to work that out. AFL Tas need to realise they have to do something different to help the coastal teams if they want them to stay and hopefully it is with the support of the other clubs.
Not sure Thane Brady would be against a 3rd team if it were viable. Launceston region does need a 3rd team but hard to see who that is or where that would come from. There aren't many viable options.

Burnie seemed to have no problems having a good team until this season. Why is travel such an issue now? I thought it was about finances?

As it is, the TSL roster is designed to reduce the travel by NWC teams. Its not an even H&A fixture. Another option is to nave a northern TSL & Southern TSL. Then play finals together. I dont like that one but its a possibility. Playing neutral venue games in Launceston would cost the TSL a fortune & kill clubs frail finances as it reduces their home games.

Travel really should only ever have been for the senior teams. The 2nds & 3rds can play a limited local roster. After all they are about development, not road trips.

The whole TSL thing has been a dogs breakfast & unfortunately just shows the incompetence of AFLTas to run football. The supporters, the public & the players all see it. Why cant the AFL bosses see the mess they keep repeating??

I still think an 8 team system of North & south conferences & still limit the travel. Play 2nds & 3rds locally only except maybe combined finals. Our group thought this out years ago. It aint rocket science.
Geez is it that hard???? They get paid to manage & organise dont they???

Burnie seemed to have no problems having a good team until this season. Why is travel such an issue now? I thought it was about finances?

As it is, the TSL roster is designed to reduce the travel by NWC teams. Its not an even H&A fixture. Another option is to nave a northern TSL & Southern TSL. Then play finals together. I dont like that one but its a possibility. Playing neutral venue games in Launceston would cost the TSL a fortune & kill clubs frail finances as it reduces their home games.

Travel really should only ever have been for the senior teams. The 2nds & 3rds can play a limited local roster. After all they are about development, not road trips.

The whole TSL thing has been a dogs breakfast & unfortunately just shows the incompetence of AFLTas to run football. The supporters, the public & the players all see it. Why cant the AFL bosses see the mess they keep repeating??

I still think an 8 team system of North & south conferences & still limit the travel. Play 2nds & 3rds locally only except maybe combined finals. Our group thought this out years ago. It aint rocket science.
Geez is it that hard???? They get paid to manage & organise dont they???
AFL are not interested in TSL ,(snrs) they only want/invest in the kids for future draft picks
thats why there increase in the staff and cars in the Teenage age group:cool:

The only pathway is the garden path they've run themselves up.

More likely they're just lost in the bushes somewhere in Melbourne I recon.
I Think the Cheesemaker is keeping a low profile awaiting that phone call from his brother to join him at the AFL HQ. Nepotism a lovely pathway for some....

Its pretty poor when the AFL spend more money on setting up 1 game in China, than is funded to Tasmanian football in a year.

Sums up what HQ think of us.
Gillon McLachlan has deemed that "resounding success" that was 5, 000 Chinese Nationals turned up (How many free tickets I wonder) from a city Shanghai with a population of 24.15 million. 0.02% percent (Not good with a calculator)
They certainly know how to spin these Suits meanwhile in a Heartland territory.....SFA never going to change

Gillon McLachlan has deemed that "resounding success" that was 5, 000 Chinese Nationals turned up (How many free tickets I wonder) from a city Shanghai with a population of 24.15 million. 0.02% percent (Not good with a calculator)
They certainly know how to spin these Suits meanwhile in a Heartland territory.....SFA never going to change

Like a lot of bright eyed bushy tailed executives who get involved in China & have no idea of the culture & the corruption, I hope they get their smug stupid & arrogant arses chewed out by the Chinamen.

Maybe they are looking to invest in a junior academy over there? Perhaps send auld mate over and his fleet of U18s coaches. Packer, BHP etc all had their troubles over there, imagine what these arrogant amateurs would do? And what of the cost of the pointless function in Melbourne tonight - that alone would be more than the funding the TSL gets....

Maybe they are looking to invest in a junior academy over there? Perhaps send auld mate over and his fleet of U18s coaches. Packer, BHP etc all had their troubles over there, imagine what these arrogant amateurs would do? And what of the cost of the pointless function in Melbourne tonight - that alone would be more than the funding the TSL gets....

Yes, begging for money for junior football whilst paying airfares for AFL Officials & paying squillions for FIFO clubs to grant us some football from AFL heaven in Melbourne.

Its bludy pathetic. The AFL should be ashamed. The state politicians should be ashamed as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concussion is a rather nasty condition and major worry on the game.

Footballers arrested after team bus barny

Over at Boot Park the cheese maker is proposing that TSL Club lend there players to top up North Melbourne Reserves from next year, what do the TSL clubs get in return out of this I wonder?, someone should tell him about the Fiasco the Tassie Devils become after getting into bed with North Melbourne last time..FIFO the scourge of Tasmanian Football.

Last edited:
Concussion my arse. The player in question has a long history of drinking and fighting. Was playing his 1st game of the season and 1st game back at the club after serveral season away and was helping them fill a development side, so for Steve Old to come out and say that the player will be suspended doesn't really mean that much as he more than likely wouldnt have played anymore games this season anyway.
But serious questions have to asked of the management of the Tigers board. After sacking the coach before the season started and then the President speaking to the media before getting the correct information is very amateurish.
But on a positive, good to see Steve Old has a new GPS as he has been spotted at the twin ovals this week, usually more chance of spotting a Tasmanian Tiger there than Steve.

Last edited:
Concussion by arse. The player in question has a long history of drinking and fighting. Was playing his 1st game of the season and 1st game back at the club after serveral season away and was helping them fill a development side, so for Steve Old to come out and say that the player will be suspended doesn't really mean that much as he more than likely wouldnt have played anymore games this season anyway.
But serious questions have to asked of the management of the Tigers board. After sacking the coach before the season started and then the President speaking to the media before getting the correct information is very amateurish.
But on a positives, good to see Steve Old has a new GPS as he has been spotted at the twin ovals this week, usually more chance of spotting a Tasmanian Tiger there than Steve.

After watching the TSL MRP on U-tube, I wonder how many of those were suspended for deliberate head hits & sling tackles? How serious is the TSL really?
I'm told the big guy who was announced by the Mercury paper as some ex Baseball player is just a big useless lump who cant play at all & just tries to crunch smaller opposition players.
I wonder if that police guy is still playing after being reported a number of times?
I know the TSL talk a lot, as do AFL Tas. But thats all they seem to do. Do they actually understand or care about their duty of care? Their responsibility for players & the game?

Headline on the back of the paper yesterday saying that Burnie could be adding current New Norfolk player, ex Docker Jayson Laycock for a few upcoming games.
On facebook last night New Norfolk rubbished the article and trashed the journo who wrote it like they usually do. Laycock dismissed it as rubbish.
I see today their posts been taken down and it's there for all to see that Laycock applied for a permit to play for Burnie and AFL Tas disallowed it. Request denied.
The savages won't be happy up there..

With the demise of Careers Australia and the flow on to the Simon Black Academy, what impact will that have on North Launceston & Glenorchy coaching positions?

With the demise of Careers Australia and the flow on to the Simon Black Academy, what impact will that have on North Launceston & Glenorchy coaching positions?
I would imagine they would both see the year out but for them to remain in their roles next year you would think they would have to find alternative employment. I never agreed with AFL Tas allowing these dual roles as it gave 2 clubs the advantage of being able to appoint much higher profile coaches than the other 7 clubs could afford but thats only my personal opinion.

I would imagine they would both see the year out but for them to remain in their roles next year you would think they would have to find alternative employment. I never agreed with AFL Tas allowing these dual roles as it gave 2 clubs the advantage of being able to appoint much higher profile coaches than the other 7 clubs could afford but thats only my personal opinion.

I'm not sure if its got anything to do with AFLTas. It had 3 footy people employed, the 2 coaches, one player. from Clarence. Also some business educators who run the education side of the course.

Its a private business built on the name of Simon Black. Its like a lot of these certificate training organisations. I'm really sus about all of them. So many have failed & left people in the lurch. It all started with the Liberal gument allowing private groups to run these certificate courses. Its basically gutted the TAFE system. A poor result all 'round. The 2 coaches have family so they are now out of a job.

In hindsight I think you are right that AFL Tas couldn't stop this happening and its disappointing for both coaches for it to end like this especially Tom Couch who most likely made the move to Tasmania on the back of the Academy job. I wouldn't think there would be many families that could afford the 20 odd grand annual fee for their sons to attend this academy either.

An interesting weekend coming up, I'm amazed at the fall of Glenorchy. I understand they have a lot of players out but its still a sudden collapse. I'm not sure the last time NHCFC won at KGV. But it may be close!!
Lauderdale have a challenge & opportunity at Uturn Park against NL. That'd be a good game to see.
Kingston at Burnie & Launy at Devonport should be easy wins to both visitors.

An interesting weekend coming up, I'm amazed at the fall of Glenorchy. I understand they have a lot of players out but its still a sudden collapse. I'm not sure the last time NHCFC won at KGV. But it may be close!!
Lauderdale have a challenge & opportunity at Uturn Park against NL. That'd be a good game to see.
Kingston at Burnie & Launy at Devonport should be easy wins to both visitors.

Not sure Glenorchy had that many out last week against Launceston, something not going right out there, you don't lose 4 in a row(3 at a home) and one by 70 points if everything is nice and rosey, I see they have dropped Mitch Rainbird this week and his family have taken to Facebook to have a bit of a whinge about it, interesting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back