Autopsy Mundy microwaves Richmond by 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and also we have ourselves a seriously good player in blakely
I know it's been said before
First time I saw him play in pre season just after we drafted him I thought, looks like we got another Mundy here
If only he'd improve his damned disposal....

....perhaps to 110% efficiency.

Really happy with the way Ethan Hughes has quietly gone about improving his game week by week.

Yep

Glad you mentioned it as I've noticed a real improvement. He is making good decisions mostly during pressure situations.

IMO he was just ok at WAFL level and I never thought he'd step up. I was wrong and he probably has a way to go to reach his potential.

He's a west coast supporter but I still like him.

I love this comment from their Board:

"Arrgh finding it hard to let this one go - I keep checking the AFL site\ Herald Sun hoping to read that the AFL reversed the result because of the disallowed goal in the 3rd."
I particularly love how they just don't mention Grey's "goal" altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the very least commentators should know the players names. It really is inexcusable.
Eddie will mention only the Richmond players in a contest. Eg Rance was mentioned when spoiling but up the other end his first thought would be of Riewoldt.

He doesn't mention players if he doesn't know them. I saw a few chains of play when he only mentioned Mundy (lucky Mayne has left) Which makes me think. If Collingwood recruiting is off Eddies calls with the amount of times he mistook Mayne and Mundy maybe the thought they were getting the good one.

Eddie will mention only the Richmond players in a contest. Eg Rance was mentioned when spoiling but up the other end his first thought would be of Riewoldt.

Yep that really stood out to me.

A great spoil by one of our defenders was always called as HERE COMES [insert Richmond player here] ATTACKS IT!!!!! DOESN'T MARK!!!!, while down the other end it was all about the amazing Richmond spoil if one of our players didn't take the mark.

Yep that really stood out to me.

A great spoil by one of our defenders was always called as HERE COMES [insert Richmond player here] ATTACKS IT!!!!! DOESN'T MARK!!!!, while down the other end it was all about the amazing Richmond spoil if one of our players didn't take the mark.
The thing is he probably has no idea he is doing it. The concepts of conscious and unconscious bias would go straight over his head.

The only commentary of Eddie I've enjoyed was the press red for Ed when Collingwood were losing.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/richmo...to-the-fremantle-dockers-20170515-gw5398.html

I have watched the replay of the last 21 secs and watched/listened to many recounts of it on AFL talk shows and the like today but this is the most accurate that I have come across.

It actually gives some insight into the level of planning that goes into a stoppage. Fyfe was pushing Grigg into the contest to free room for Neale, who matched himself up on Martin who is loose defensively. Sandilands tries to tap to the space behind Fyfe but fails but the ball ends up bobbling there any way and then Neale swoops. A thing of beauty and the rest is history.

Interesting:

"There were 23 goals kicked from centre bounces in round eight.

In 15 of them, the goalkicker had possession within 20 seconds of the centre bounce."

So in the end only the timing was special...

Thanks goodness someone else said that. Call me crazy but I've always thought Eddie and BT have had a soft spot for us. I wasnt offended by Eddie - but the umpiring...
BT 100% yes probably something to do with growing up in Mandurah but you are nuts if you think Eddie likes Freo (or any non Vic side) in the slightest, it is very obvious in his commentary.

It seems to have been missed by the media but this Freo team just have a belief of winning. All our wins have had us behind in the last quarter. If this was Bulldogs or Collingwood or North they'd be talking about the resilience of the team at length. We seem to get none of that. Quietly achieving with a youngish side is probably the better way to go about a rebuild though...

I agree that Eddie's commentary was fine and I didn't think that was any bias against us. But the West Coast media from the Sunday Times, WA Today (Brendum Fister) and the West Coast Australian are now monitoring the Twitter feeds of our club and supporters are creating news stories based on Twitter and Facebook posts from our supporters. Last week we were up in arms over the umpiring, this week it was about the commentating. They then love a good Harley Bennell story to drag out and beat up too.

I agree that Eddie's commentary was fine and I didn't think that was any bias against us. But the West Coast media from the Sunday Times, WA Today (Brendum Fister) and the West Coast Australian are now monitoring the Twitter feeds of our club and supporters are creating news stories based on Twitter and Facebook posts from our supporters. Last week we were up in arms over the umpiring, this week it was about the commentating. They then love a good Harley Bennell story to drag out and beat up too.

Probably trying to get all the people who wrote them off for being Eagle rags to re-subscribe. ;)

I haven't come here in search of likes, I just want to add to the discussion.

Has Ross Lyon changed the role of Walters and Hill in the last fortnight? It seems as if, watching this game on Sunday, they just roam around in the midfield racking them up, getting handball receives and move it forward.

It is clearly working very well, they have dominated.

I haven't come here in search of likes, I just want to add to the discussion.

Has Ross Lyon changed the role of Walters and Hill in the last fortnight? It seems as if, watching this game on Sunday, they just roam around in the midfield racking them up, getting handball receives and move it forward.

It is clearly working very well, they have dominated.

Lyon has changed the role of Walters into the midfield from the forward line. Walters trained as both over the preseason, but with Ballantyne going down, he was kept forward in the first few weeks.
Hill has been doing this his whole career. Running and running, providing options and delivering well. The Freo players are looking for him more, now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back