2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Next home game,come up to the bear trap bar and we can discuss.
Stating fact mate, if you dont like it Salim, well you have probably been told enough in you life.
See you in 3 weeks. very looking forward to it.
Loser.

I'll come up Forever Blue ? You sound like an interesting moron to have a beer with.

I, like many others watched the telecast on TV and they showed Harley at the game sitting with his girlfriend watching the game. She had a blue can which looked like lemonade to me, but if it was a vodka and lemonade like the ones you get at Domain, they are watered down anyway.

Harley seemed well behaved on the telecast and the next time they showed him was in the dug out checking on Leroy Jettas' welfare after he did what appeared to be a hamstring during the 3 quarter. They then showed him speaking to his nephew at 3 quarter time and Roger Hayden speaking to him as he came off the ground. Harley was not 'staggering' or being assisted off the ground as some have suggested here, but he was walking with a slight limp.

Anyways, I wasn't there but I have seen all of the TV footage and think that this is a beat up at best.

Everyone knows that Harley loves coming to watch Peel play in Mandurah as that's where he was drafted from, plus he is very close to the indigenous players down there. But one thing he hates is media attention and people walking up to him asking him how his calf rehab is going.

Thank you very much for introducing me,via BF, to Danny.
What an outstanding gentleman.
Really hoping to meet up with him at half time at a future Peel Thunder home game.
And it will be a real pleasure to meet you too in pertson.
Peace :)

How dumb do you have to be to be thread banned from the Bennell thread and then come here and do the exact same thing.

How is big Sean Darcy getting on?

I thought he had his best game so far. Apart from the goals his tap work really stood out - lots of hits straight to a peel player or a dangerous position. It was a real step-up.

It is an interesting dilemna as to when does he play his first game. TBH he looks unfit and whilst he moves a lot better than Griffin (mute comparison as Griffin moves like a robot dinosaur) you just wonder whether he still is a year off. But at the same time he is probsbly the better of the two rucks, and Sandi will need a break at some point, so....

I thought he had his best game so far. Apart from the goals his tap work really stood out - lots of hits straight to a peel player or a dangerous position. It was a real step-up.

It is an interesting dilemna as to when does he play his first game. TBH he looks unfit and whilst he moves a lot better than Griffin (mute comparison as Griffin moves like a robot dinosaur) you just wonder whether he still is a year off. But at the same time he is probsbly the better of the two rucks, and Sandi will need a break at some point, so....

Is he as slow as Hannath? I'm really excited to see how this guy goes but talls do take a long time. How's his work around the ground?

Is he as slow as Hannath? I'm really excited to see how this guy goes but talls do take a long time. How's his work around the ground?
His follow ups and ground balls look good, anything involving a chase or turning I'm reserved on. Watching him and griff in the peel match, I though that griff was the more dexterous of the two. There was a passage near the boundary where he turned like a boat. I remember noting it, but dont want to judge him on that one passage that stood out

I was over the moon with Darcy. He rucked to what was basically a nothing midfield and gave them an armchair ride. Sheridan was really the only mid of any note in the team and he played wing and despite what some are saying did a good job. Darcy tackled well ,marked well and snapped some nice goals incl one from a ruck contest. I can't remember an 18 year old ruck with the potential he shows. He is a gold chip investment going forward.

I was over the moon with Darcy. He rucked to what was basically a nothing midfield and gave them an armchair ride. Sheridan was really the only mid of any note in the team and he played wing and despite what some are saying did a good job. Darcy tackled well ,marked well and snapped some nice goals incl one from a ruck contest. I can't remember an 18 year old ruck with the potential he shows. He is a gold chip investment going forward.
Agree regarding sean Darcy , not sure about sheriden . I saw a lot of effective inside 50 from other players but not sure about sherriden involvement.

Is it fair to expect a debut from Darcy's this year?

Would a debut best work in tandem with Sandilands, or as a replacement?

Can you see any progress in terms of fitness so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I'm with you on that Salim I was very impressed with his output in the weekend's game.Also seemed to be very confident that he had the ruck contests under his control allowing for some precision taps.
What do we reckon about his stamina??Looked OK but hard to tell watching on the squawk box.
Starting to show why the recruiters were on the shooters when we picked him up.

Is it fair to expect a debut from Darcy's this year?

Would a debut best work in tandem with Sandilands, or as a replacement?

Can you see any progress in terms of fitness so far?

Darcy would not be out of place giving Sandy a chop out later on. Depends how the finals are looking. If we are in contention Griff would probably be the man experience wise. Griff by the way played his best game for ages on Sat. Griff and Darcy where the reasons for the win. Darcy has never stopped improving fitness wise. His stamina improved with every pre season session and he has tightened up and lost weight. He has played every game this season and gradually improved. I posted how well he played against Claremont and this week against the Swannies improved again. Thats all you can ask of an 18 year old big.

In another AFL team Sherro would be ideal on the wing, the problem with Fremantle is we have two
Hills. So Sherro, Sutcliffe you only need one, they would be both worth something from their home
states.
Don't mind letting two go , there is lot of exciting mature WA talent around. Blair bell,
tim Kelly all same age as sherriden and sutty

You been cheeky lately , saying my buddy nyhuis is better kicking then Luke Ryan ;)
I did like what they said about him. He is a great defender.

"Premiership small defender Ryan Nyhuis was also terrific down back and kept Taryce Stewart to three kicks and no score."

edit - Taryce was averaging 2 goals/game before that game. Nyhuis completely shut him down. Really hope they give him a shot at AFL level this year.

Didn't say better than Ryan, said Nyhuis is a good kick.;)
Once get rid of dead wood , the flow of talent coming from peel will be better than east Perth . having another batch of three amigo talent playing for peel will be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back