2017 Memberships

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Reckon Trigg may have a concern or two.
One million dollars taken out of revenue, is a concern for the club.

We're likely set-up for another loss this year. Pressure comes about.
think that this year
Reckon Trigg may have a concern or two.
One million dollars taken out of revenue, is a concern for the club.

We're likely set-up for another loss this year. Pressure comes about.
pretty sure that this is the first year that we are not paying the licence fees to the state government for the pokies. without wishing to open the "should we accept money from pokies" argument again this will make a huge difference to our bottom line. maybe only papering other other cracks in the short term.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Last year I paid around $60 each for 2x Junior Interstate memberships which came with a junior package. This year they are $70 but it no longer comes with the junior package (as an aside the junior package looks worse this year).

Taking the only thing of value to children away from an otherwise worthless membership has, I'm sure, cost them more than just my two memberships.

I doubt the reasons are so frivolous, as you're suggesting, for many.
Spot on. People are very quick to judge non-members, but if the perceived value for money isn't there, then only the die hards will ever sign up. I posted last year about a family function that Richmond held for their junior members, and we need to be doing a shitload more of that.

dragonsblues

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
You know what Bill Hicks said about people that work in marketing. :eek:

I don't, but i imagine it isn't complementary!

What worries me is how far off the pace we are. For example, Norf achieved 45,000 members last year. We are now but a few 1,000 members ahead of a club that had been pushed to relocate.

Obviously we are safe from that feat. But our time as a member of the big 4 may be over if we aren't winning our fair share of the next generation.

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
As someone who works in marketing, our clubs effort is woeful. Bound By Blue? C'mon, absolute rubbish. Too soft and meh for a football club.

In the past with efforts like "They know we're coming" may have attracted some jibs, but were the exact sort of slogans that rallied the base.

The club needs to look at its social media, member engagement and overall marketing campaigns. They do the bare minimum and are risk averse.
I have no problem with 'Bound by Blue'. Did you want 'In the Navy'

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
If accurate, just shows how many morons we had as members.

He may have behaved like an idiot at times, but he made going to the fun and exciting even when we were being belted.

Also, that is the exact reason he got away with it for so long. The fans loved him. The club were gunshy and it took Juddy saying him or me for the club to draw the line and trade him. There was always going to be a backlash.

To call people who didn't like the decision morons is uncalled for.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Ladder position doesn't affect Richmond or Colingwood too much. Membership ought to be on Trigg's agenda as a priority.
Collingwood won in 2010 and were brilliant at marketing themselves overseas before other teams. Richmond are just delusional. The last 15 years we've been abysmal and had a scandal. Comparing us to Melbourne probably better at this stage

Collingwood won in 2010 and were brilliant at marketing themselves overseas before other teams. Richmond are just delusional. The last 15 years we've been abysmal and had a scandal. Comparing us to Melbourne probably better at this stage
This is important to remember.
we arent just selling the 90's and 80's carlton we have to sell the crap we've served up the past 17 years too. There's even a decent chance most of our target audience for new members wont remember much of 90's footy.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Bad management has cost the club a generation of supporters.
2017-05-16 23.22.13.jpg

Back