Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a few different designs but they would all mean opponents risk greater injury in impact. So hopefully a new one works around that. The media love a story, so I'd expect if Nic Nat was wearing one when he impacted Sandi then they would be blaming the brace and they would be banned.

Like one guy wearing a helmet making it more likely the rest will suffer head injury.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 16 MAY, 2017
Brady Grey (Shoulder) Test [NEW]
Stephen Hill (Hamstring) Test [down from 1-2 weeks]
Hayden Ballantyne (Hamstring) Test [down from 1-3 weeks]
Harley Bennell (Calf) 5-6 weeks [down from 7 weeks]
Matthew Uebergang (Hamstring) TBA [no change]
Zac Clarke (Knee) TBA [no change]
Alex Pearce (Leg) TBA [no change]
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season [up from TBA]

NO LONGER ON INJURY LIST:
Josh Deluca (Groin)
Harley Balic (Illness)

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 16 MAY, 2017
Brady Grey (Shoulder) Test [NEW]
Stephen Hill (Hamstring) Test [down from 1-2 weeks]
Hayden Ballantyne (Hamstring) Test [down from 1-3 weeks]
Harley Bennell (Calf) 5-6 weeks [down from 7 weeks]
Matthew Uebergang (Hamstring) TBA [no change]
Zac Clarke (Knee) TBA [no change]
Alex Pearce (Leg) TBA [no change]
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season [up from TBA]

NO LONGER ON INJURY LIST:
Josh Deluca (Groin)
Harley Balic (Illness)

Well that does not look to bad at all.:) Hope we see Matt, Zac and Alex out on the track in the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB 2.0 put this up on instagram today. Hope he's not really home sick, as he's been back to Melbourne a couple times now

If you look at photos of Mordialloc on Google (yes I had to Google it) it actually does look quite a bit like Freo, specifically where the pier is, so I'd say that's indeed where the photo is taken.

Having said that, homesickness is not an injury ;)

Has any regular training watchers seen alex Pearce and bennell do any drills ? Or is it strictly just rehab after their setbacks ?

How good would it be to see pretty much a whole squad participating in most of the drills before the mid season break. Would have to be the first year in a while with most of them out there

Pretty sure Alex Pearce will be the season like Apeness
It seems like that might be the case but until the club announces that is the news there is still hope. Even if it's slim. With the amount of talls we have down back now getting it 100% And waiting until next season might be the way to go

Has any regular training watchers seen alex Pearce and bennell do any drills ? Or is it strictly just rehab after their setbacks ?
Others can confirm, but I'm fairly sure that Bennell was doing quite a lot of full training before he went down again. RTB has basically said that, in terms of base fitness, he's got a full pre-season under his belt. He just needs to get on the park and not break down again.

AP on the other hand has not even been close. I'm not a training watcher though, so they would be able to fix that up if it's wrong. I'm just going off my memory of reports and interviews etc.

I can't remember the last time I saw either do drills.

If you look at photos of Mordialloc on Google (yes I had to Google it) it actually does look quite a bit like Freo, specifically where the pier is, so I'd say that's indeed where the photo is taken.

Having said that, homesickness is not an injury ;)

As much as I feel uncomfortably weird and stalker-ish discussing this kind of thing, I do love to procrastinate and avoid what I should be doing. So I can tell you with 100% confidence that that photo is taken at Creatures Next Door. You can even just make out the Kallis' Brothers sign on the sheds opposite and you can see the trees at the serviced apartments just next to the marine rescue headquarters. The roof next door is the creatures function centre that you can see from the outside part of the main section of creatures. I have spent enough time sinking piss and talking s**t on that balcony to be certain, even from back when it was Harbourside/Zanzibar.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury I present exhibit A: http://www.weekendnotes.com/im/003/05/fremantleferris31.JPG

And Exhibit B: https://thatlittleyellowdress.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/coffee.jpg

Now I need to go have a cold shower and re-evaluate where my life has come to that i'm analysing Instagram photos posted by professional footballers instead of the study I was supposed to be doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back