Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very pleased to hear this one. It has occurred to me how well the team is gelling and how much enjoyment the young guys seem to be having & to wonder how much of that has been to do with Nat's leadership.

The commentary that Fyfe was not part of the team because he wasn't involved in the celebrations after the win was utter rubbish. The coverage on 7 stopped early. The Foxtel coverage continued on and showed Fyfe arriving and and getting fully involved.

Was great to see Ross so jovial. Never disappoints. He's like the ultimate politician with his answers, the difference being that they always have substance to them. Proud to have him as a coach representing our club. We have a great off-field and on field team and the supporters to match.

Have a *in' rainbow. :rainbow:

Just curious - and happy to be corrected - but Fyfe hasn't really been doing much media since start of the season, considering he is now captain. Most of the pre-game pressers have been by other members of the leadership group or some of the young up and comers. Certainly doing much less than Pav was, even less than what he was doing last year? Wonder if that's another way the club is protecting him from even more scrutiny and easing him into the captaincy?

Just curious - and happy to be corrected - but Fyfe hasn't really been doing much media since start of the season, considering he is now captain. Most of the pre-game pressers have been by other members of the leadership group or some of the young up and comers. Certainly doing much less than Pav was, even less than what he was doing last year? Wonder if that's another way the club is protecting him from even more scrutiny and easing him into the captaincy?

The first, 2nd,third and last question's would be about contracts and his commitment to the club. Best to let the other leaders talk about football.

Fyfe hasn't been doing the captaincy interviews due to a bunch of milestone games which get the interviews instead.

Pearce 250th, Sandilands 250th, Walters 100th, Neales 100th and a couple of debuts aswell

Thank you very much!

Loved that he acknowledged Mick's ability in that interview, and as expected it was a little bit about integrity of selection that would likely keep someone like Blakely out who needs to be developed for our future. It would have been impossible to keep someone like Mick in Peel, where he will totally tear it up, and not be questioned as to why a younger player was getting played over him. It's still stings, but letting him go was probably the fairest thing to do, I suspect they tried to trade him out but no one was biting and delisting him was the only option.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/wa-...as-eagles-wait-on-petrie-20170516-gw5pd3.html

I swear this is a semi-positive article from Hagdorn about returning senior players... why isn't he talking about Bennell being a cokehead? Why isn't he discussing Fyfe's lack of post-match enthusiasm as pure evidence of a move to the Saints? Why isn't he talking about Ross Lyon being a dog for leaving early?

I'm very, very suss on this. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disgrace of an interview on tonight on Ch 7.
Basil snuffalugulous spent 3/4 of the time on Bennell who has never f**king played for us, instead of lauding the exceptional thought process off Neale & Mundy.
disgusting !!

Last edited:
Basil snuffalugulous spent 3/4 of the time on Bennell who has never f**king played for us, instead of lauding the exceptional though process off Neale & Mundy.
disgusting !!
Yep, Baz the Ultimate Pillock. Gives himself very hairy palms in the process. Just KNEW his last 'question' was going to be "Shame Ross that this overshadowed the weekend etc". But Ross as you'd expect replied "Well it didn't overshadow it. We had a significant win." You can almost see the censored thought bubble over RTB's head...

I find it very easy to deal with the pathetic WA media taking continual pot shots at Bennell. Just close my eyes and imagine him running out alongside the Hills, Walters, Fyfe, Neale, Mundy etc in a few weeks time. The moment that happens all this current witch hunt BS becomes meaningless.

Basil snuffalugulous spent 3/4 of the time on Bennell who has never f**king played for us, instead of lauding the exceptional though process off Neale & Mundy.
disgusting !!

Message to Wildside & Co :-

" Under no circumstances watch commercial tv news programmes, they clog your brain with bulldust ".

Other than watching some WAFL on 7Mate I haven't looked at either of those channels for over 20 years.
Weird industry to understand how and why there's so many absolute wuckfits in the public's face.
I dug out the 7 button on the remote control with the nail clippers years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back