Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think RTB's comments this week were clever (as usual) and had a dual purpose - to call out Sheahan by noting that a bloke "who will never play again" may be a few weeks away from doing so, and to send a message to the whole club that the solution for Harley is to get him on the park.

the solution for Harley is to get him on the park.

Its pretty easy to see that Harley is struggling not being on the park and the sooner he gets playing the better, even if he plays a quarter for the Peel 2nds it will do him more good than smashing him with a bunch of sanctions etc.

fair enough. I think the counselling the most important part, and ultimately when he gets back on the field i'm sure he'll be fine. Ross has moved his time frames up to give him something to look forward to.
Not sure if the time frame has really been moved forward or if it was and has then been retconned. last week the message was 7 weeks, Ross says 5 on the couch yesterday and then the club statement and the injury report have him listed at 5-6 which is pretty much the natural progression of 7 from last week.

Not sure if the time frame has really been moved forward or if it was and has then been retconned. last week the message was 7 weeks, Ross says 5 on the couch yesterday and then the club statement and the injury report have him listed at 5-6 which is pretty much the natural progression of 7 from last week.
Apart from counseling hope the club can do more . Without football can see his future going to Ben cousin path . Maybe do some junior coaching .

Don't know about 'Freo demands' could simply be by mutual agreement,not that it matters but you'd think there's little point in forcing someone unwilling into counselling.Give E Shed the job he's got the club's best interests at heart.;)
I'm a little surprised the club has provided so much info for public consumption and wonder why they've done so given that every single thing is so deliberately calculated.
Don't have any doubt that our club will handle this as well as any can though.
Playing some games would be fairly life balancing and good therapy!

Fair to say that most blokes wont seek help until they're in the hole and realise they can't get themselves out?

This.

On this topic, anyone can feel free to PM me to chat if they want to talk to someone outside their loop.

The 10k fine is a little concerning. I brushed off the incident with Peel as nothing but it obviously wasn't if they're prepared to lay that on him

It's 5k with 5k suspended, ie if he stuffs up again, that's another one. Fair enough, it's a slap on the wrist but hits him in the pocket. Means they're serious. And he would have accepted that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 10k fine is a little concerning. I brushed off the incident with Peel as nothing but it obviously wasn't if they're prepared to lay that on him
At least half is suspended, seems more prophylactic/preventative than punishment

It's 5k with 5k suspended, ie if he stuffs up again, that's another one. Fair enough, it's a slap on the wrist but hits him in the pocket. Means they're serious. And he would have accepted that.

It means he did something seriously wrong. No way would the club have smashed him with a sanction like that given the circumstances that he'd already be in a dark place with the recurring injuries. Everyone at the club just wants him on the park again. It just doesn't make any sense to give him that hefty a fine for a 'slap on the wrist'

It means he did something seriously wrong. No way would the club have smashed him with a sanction like that given the circumstances that he'd already be in a dark place with the recurring injuries. Everyone at the club just wants him on the park again. It just doesn't make any sense to give him that hefty a fine for a 'slap on the wrist'
5k to someone on 800k is * all. It's not like his PMs or ability to like posts was removed.

Nah it means he has caught 2 headlines in a matter of weeks and the club had to put something out to deter it,

Still minor incidents

I so want him to play.

We've not had anyone who is just pure silk.

This guy can do absolutely anything when fit and we and the competition need him out there.

And for him personally, he needs it. I don't want him to be another one of our lost ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so want him to play.

We've not had anyone who is just pure silk.

This guy can do absolutely anything when fit and we and the competition need him out there.

And for him personally, he needs it. I don't want him to be another one of our lost ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need it, forget about Harley!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back