Preview 2017 Young Talent Time

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
English with another 30 disposals for Perth Colts.
Claremont absolutely smacked Perth Today, so that is a great effort, English certainly has a tank on him, is a hard
worker.
You can see why Jake Patmore is on the radar, classy, good size about him, will be interesting to see who makes the
state team, if English is there, he would look better with more class surrounding him.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Claremont absolutely smacked Perth Today, so that is a great effort, English certainly has a tank on him, is a hard
worker.
You can see why Jake Patmore is on the radar, classy, good size about him, will be interesting to see who makes the
state team, if English is there, he would look better with more class surrounding him.
Is c.england injured?

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Liam baker 4 goal
Liam Ryan 4 goal

Liam Ryan is a very talented but consistent goal kicker and IMO would be a great get for us with our third round pick. Can see him going earlier even in the second round. If he is in the right headspace would just really suit this Freo team....

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Liam Ryan is a very talented but consistent goal kicker and IMO would be a great get for us with our third round pick. Can see him going earlier even in the second round. If he is in the right headspace would just really suit this Freo team....
I agree but might not be around , eagles with lecras getting older might get him at their second , don't mind other option like Liam baker or Perth ninyette if that is the case .

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I agree but might not be around , eagles with lecras getting older might get him at their second , don't mind other option like Liam baker or Perth ninyette if that is the case .

That Ninyette is killing it, more height and you don't have to get him fit!!

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

Wasn't it you who just a couple of weeks ago told me there was a reason he wasn't looked at and we should steer well clear due to a 10 something beep?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wasn't it you who just a couple of weeks ago told me there was a reason he wasn't looked at and we should steer well clear due to a 10 something beep?

I think that is YeTi.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Wasn't me Lach - last year I was against it at least until the rookie draft but this year the consistency and quality is too hard to ignore. He is comparable to Medhurst / Ballantyne / Shane Yarran levels of dominance as a mature age small forward and we all know how they went at the next level.

I think we are in the market for an evasive sharpshooter and apart from going really top end draft (which I think is a waste of a pick) you can't go past him.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wasn't me Lach - last year I was against it at least until the rookie draft but this year the consistency and quality is too hard to ignore. He is comparable to Medhurst / Ballantyne / Shane Yarran levels of dominance as a mature age small forward and we all know how they went at the next level.

I think we are in the market for an evasive sharpshooter and apart from going really top end draft (which I think is a waste of a pick) you can't go past him.
The problem is if he run a decent beep test this year, hawthorn might go in with GWs second round pick , mature age ready to replace poppy or rioli . But the risk of him going interstate is still there , but I think he is the mature type, more easily to adapt after two season with subiaco than garlett

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd

The fact we don't have a second rounder could cause us an issue. How does he compare to Duffy? He also looked good in the WAFL but could not take the next step.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The fact we don't have a second rounder could cause us an issue. How does he compare to Duffy? He also looked good in the WAFL but could not take the next step.

Don't know the stats off hand but probably a two goal a game better player at WAFL level than Duffy and slightly more tricks.

Even so, I think second round is still too early given still a fair risk as you point out - there are a heap of good talls and mediums that will still be around in the second round; if we had a second rounder I wouldn't pick him there.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
http://footyprophet.com/wafl-colts-scouting-notes-lions-resist-late-bulldog-surge/

JOHN FRAMPTON | SOUTH FREMANTLE
RUCK | 199CM | 87KG

The younger brother of Port Adelaide player Billy, John Frampton continues to prove that he is one of the premier ruckmen in this year’s WAFL Colts Competition. Against the Lions he recorded 28 hit-outs (11 more than the next best), but was also damaging around the ground, finishing with 26 possessions (12 contested), six marks, four inside 50s and four rebounding 50s. Frampton is currently third in the competition for hit-outs with a total of 138 at an average of 20 per game. The Kardinya junior looks to be a very promising ruckman for any AFL club that picks him up.

KYRON HAYDEN | SUBIACO
MIDFIELD | 185CM | 88KG

Heading into round nine, Hayden was in the lead of the WAFL Colts Coaches Award with 22 votes from just eight games, establishing himself as one of the competition’s premier midfielders. Against the Bulldogs he was phenomenal with 22 possessions (10 contested), seven marks, four tackles, three inside 50s, three rebounding 50s and two clearances. It is easy to see why he has already drawn comparisons to Gold Coast’s David Swallow and Port Adelaide’s Ollie Wines due to his appetite for the contest and his starring work in the stoppages.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Has anyone else seen that NT Thunder player named Adam Sambono. I'm watching him tonight in the NEAFL replay playing against Gold Coast - he's already kicked 3 goals in the first quarter. Seen him star on a previous occasion in the local NT league.

http://www.ntthunder.com.au/player/adam-sambono/

Even though he's 20yo he has been included in the Allies Squad for the National u18's championships under an exception circumstances rule

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-15/age-no-barrier-for-territory-draft-prospect

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has anyone else seen that NT Thunder player named Adam Sambono. I'm watching him tonight in the NEAFL replay playing against Gold Coast - he's already kicked 3 goals in the first quarter. Seen him star on a previous occasion in the local NT league.

Even though he's 20yo he has been included in the Allies Squad for the National u18's championships under an exception circumstances rule

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-15/age-no-barrier-for-territory-draft-prospect
Not bad but liam Ryan is better.

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo

I've watched a few quarters of the Thunder on NITV. Sambono has been a factor in all of them. Oozes talent. Was having the yips with his set shots too. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the 18s.

The NEAFL is becoming a reasonable comp with the 4 AFL reserves and 6 decent teams now that Canberra and Sydney get all their players into one team each.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/12397/waflcomau-team-and-player-of-round-9

FORWARD POCKET – CODY NINYETTE (Perth)
The dynamic small forward is one of a host of exciting youngsters that the Demons are giving plenty of opportunities to in 2017 and it's paying off. He has played every game this season and had kicked nine goals before Saturday's win over Claremont where he delivered 15 disposals, four tackles, five inside-50 entries and four crucial goals.

FORWARD POCKET – LIAM BAKER (Subiaco)
Had an impressive colts career with West Perth and was looked at as a potential draftee, but that didn’t quite eventuate. He thought it might be in his best interests to get a start at a new club and the small midfielder arrived at Subiaco but it was always going to be tough to find a midfield spot. Instead he has come in as a small forward and done a tremendous job including four goals from 23 possessions, five marks and five tackles in Saturday's win over South Fremantle. He could easily have had six goals too had he not missed some relatively easy shots late.

Last edited:

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Chris, now the forward line is looking healthier for Talls, its looking more likely we need a small forward.
Have you got any information on Jordan Houlihan, and there is another JJ, Jordan Johnston.

Back