List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the deal to get JJ would be ideal.
I am torn between Mitch and Jj . Mitch is worth 1st round pick . Jj really not sure , if Luke Ryan come good I am not sure getting Jj with the amount of money settle well within the young group.

So frustrating when we got him as a punt and got his wrist right, an injury that would have forced him to retire. I doubt we will be able to get anything good for him as he is a young, developing player and uncontracted. It will be like Roberton all over again, only worse when Balic lights it up wherever he goes. The club won't do a GWS, we've always accommodated our players if their reasons are valid, and there is no point forcing the issue if someone wants to go.

I suppose with Balic if he is indeed battling homesickness, best case scenario is maybe a few vic clubs get into a bidding war with him. If we got a 2nd rounder after the shitfight I would be pretty happy.

I doubt hes going anywhere but.

I see we've jumped to conclusions that Balic is homesick. Could possibly be a funeral, wedding, anniversary of a death, someone he knows is ill, family member giving birth, heaps of reasons why, but sure, lets just jump to homesickness, even though we played in Melbourne last week where he could've played and asked to stay back a bit longer.

Sorry - should have said that I was limiting my response to regular humans.
In all seriousness though, Martin shrugs or palms off or arches his back so successfully that he is hard to catch. Ibbo's effort was poor but that whole passage of play was ordinary. I was at the game so I struggled to pick out the other player that was in a two on one against Martin. His support for Ibbo was ordinary at best. should have supplied a shephard I thought.

Exactly - it was Spurr. He just had to lean back into Dusty so we could use the 2 on one advantage. Then Ibbo did the inevitable once it got to a one on one with the ball in Dusty's hands.

Of course this was a potential 12 point play because it followed Pearce having his kick smothered just inside our forward 50 when we were finally threatening something on attack.

The coaching box would have collectively pulled out a Logue equivalent head of hair over that one play.

lets just jump to homesickness, even though we played in Melbourne last week where he could've played and asked to stay back a bit longer.

And his parents were over here for the Derby apparently.

So frustrating when we got him as a punt and got his wrist right, an injury that would have forced him to retire. I doubt we will be able to get anything good for him as he is a young, developing player and uncontracted. It will be like Roberton all over again, only worse when Balic lights it up wherever he goes. The club won't do a GWS, we've always accommodated our players if their reasons are valid, and there is no point forcing the issue if someone wants to go.
we did the same as GWS with Clive, refusing to trade him home mid contract when his father was sick. The difference with Balic is he is out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following Jarrod Garletts progress on social media, he's looking really determined and focused to get back into the AFL. Wouldn't mind using a late pick or rookie on him. I'm sure there is interest from other clubs though.

Following Jarrod Garletts progress on social media, he's looking really determined and focused to get back into the AFL. Wouldn't mind using a late pick or rookie on him. I'm sure there is interest from other clubs though.
Wouldn't need to use a draft pick on draft day for him, a club could secure his contract via trade before the draft.

Wouldn't need to use a draft pick on draft day for him, a club could secure his contract via trade before the draft.
I though he is delisted?

Last edited:
AFL clubs hold the rights to a contracted player for the term of their contract, delisted or not.

They are if they are technically still on an AFL list. As Garlett was taken off Gold Coast's list before the last official list lodgement he isn't. Guys like Chris Yarran, Shane Yarran, Harry O (or whatever he calls himself), Dempster etc are but Garlett isn't.

I wouldnt think anyone outside WA would take the risk on him so that narrows it down to us and west coast. Im with you i think he would be a great late pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back