List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a good working relationship with the Suns .
But the sun release his contract so anybody can get him . currentlt he is not tearing wafl apart so fourth rd pick is fair , if egirls want to take him higher pick so be it.

I suppose with Balic if he is indeed battling homesickness, best case scenario is maybe a few vic clubs get into a bidding war with him. If we got a 2nd rounder after the shitfight I would be pretty happy.

I doubt hes going anywhere but.

How does the straight swap of two VIC players for two WA players sound? Could be a win for both clubs.

Attachments

• FREMANTLE TRADE.png
    FREMANTLE TRADE.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 4
You honestly believe that trade wouldn't make you a better side?

Same as Bradley Hill wouldn't either?

First that I've heard that about Stratton, any chance you could elaborate?
I do believe that. Stratton is how old? Would he go well in a backline not filled with champions? I remember reading an article about Stratton claiming how he grew up in WA and disliked freo (sorry can't remember or find the article online).

That'd be Kade Stewart who is a player in a similar mould to Rioli/Puopolo who I think would be a great addition to your forward line :)

Balic and Tucker are in their 2nd years and have managed to break into the 22. A little undervalued on your behalf. Stratton, though I've enjoyed him embarrassing Darling, isn't a rebounding defender which is what we need. We've got the lockdowns, we don't have anyone capable of running it out. Doesn't fit a need for us and robs us of two handy youngsters.

I do believe that. Stratton is how old? Would he go well in a backline not filled with champions? I remember reading an article about Stratton claiming how he grew up in WA and disliked freo (sorry can't remember or find the article online).

Fair enough and while I take it on board I don't agree (not that you're going to lose any sleep because of it) because how many defenders in the league can you name that could be sent to mark either Taylor Walker or Eddie Betts and keep them goalless?

I will agree that given the fact he is 28 would be a little off putting but he's never really had any serious injuries that would prematurely end his career, is showing no signs of slowing down and would have at least 3-4 years in him.

As for him being surrounded by champions I honestly feel this is a deflection that all teams use to minimalize the quality of the players on our list. If all of our players are nothing more than good players that are surrounded by the champions, then who are the champions because we apparently have none?

The bloke was the most underrated player in the league up until a year or two ago and has only just begun to get the credit that's been long overdue and while I'm not saying he's the best in the league he'd definitely be in the top few for his position, comes from a strong and successful system and would make your side better, a lot better.

As for the claims that he dislikes Fremantle an extensive online search has returned nothing (which in itself means nothing either) but just doesn't sound like him.

Anyway once again, sorry if I offended it was just a scenario that I thought (and still do) would be a WIN-WIN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delirious hawks fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like all those "delusional Hawks fans" that were trying to get it through to all those delusional Fremantle fans that Bradley Hill was in fact worth a First Round Selection but were set upon and told that he was worth a Second or Third Round Selection?

So just wondering, how is he working out for you guys and where do you think he'll finish in your B&F?

Just like all those "delusional Hawks fans" that were trying to get it through to all those delusional Fremantle fans that Bradley Hill was in fact worth a First Round Selection but were set upon and told that he was worth a Second or Third Round Selection?

So just wondering, how is he working out for you guys and where do you think he'll finish in your B&F?

Brad Hill is working out very well for us so far. Thanks for asking.
I liked him and valued him, but not as a high first round pick. One or two of your posters were very strong on his running and finishing, but many on your board thought he was poor.

I'll ask the question: was Brad Hill ever as good over consecutive weeks for Hawthorn as he has been for Fremantle?

The problem is you use that second round on tom Mitchell( first round pick) . So stop complaining. If you want one of balic or tucker maybe freo might consider your second round (GWs) pick plus a player under 25 years old.

Last edited:
Balic and Tucker are in their 2nd years and have managed to break into the 22. A little undervalued on your behalf. Stratton, though I've enjoyed him embarrassing Darling, isn't a rebounding defender which is what we need. We've got the lockdowns, we don't have anyone capable of running it out. Doesn't fit a need for us and robs us of two handy youngsters.

Yes they are and yes they have, however that starting 22 that you speak of is a rebuilding side that's had multiple retirements and injuries which has opened the door for these kids.

They've played 18 and 4 games respectively and from my recollection when one of the pair play, the other is omitted which shows that at least one of the pair is excess to needs because they play a similar role.

Also there is no underrating of these kids here, if anything I'm showing them and your club respect by putting the idea forward and putting a 150 game, triple premiership player in the scenario.

Wouldn't he better suit the lockdown role and from what I've seen you do have decent rebounders (do agree that it is a still a point of weakness though) also believe that Kade Stewart would be ideal in your forward line, he is greatly respected here but given our vast number of small/defensive forwards he's finding it hard to get a consistent game (he has played the same number of games as Harley Balic though and shown a little more) and he has been likened to a Rioli/Puopolo and combined with Ballantyne would cause some serious chaos for the opposition.

It also wouldn't be "robbing you of two youngsters", that probably isn't the best way to look at it. You would be swapping two promising young players (that are essentially competing for the same spot) for a proven triple premiership player that would instantly make you a noticeably better side while also bringing in another young and promising young player that would help fill a deficiency on your list.

Remember that Balic has only just been able to inconsistently brake into your side (yes injury kept him out initially but he's been fit and ready to go for a while now and is still in and out of the side) and you use your draft picks to recruit another better suited to and/or better fits your side.

There would be no "homesickness factor" with these two players because well, they would be coming back home.

This was just a scenario that I thought could be good to float around and if anything it would be us that would be losing more in the short term but given our current situation we may not have too much of a choice.

Anyway take it easy and good luck with the season mate!

Yes they are and yes they have, however that starting 22 that you speak of is a rebuilding side that's had multiple retirements and injuries which has opened the door for these kids.

They've played 18 and 4 games respectively and from my recollection when one of the pair play, the other is omitted which shows that at least one of the pair is excess to needs because they play a similar role.

Also there is no underrating of these kids here, if anything I'm showing them and your club respect by putting the idea forward and putting a 150 game, triple premiership player in the scenario.

Wouldn't he better suit the lockdown role and from what I've seen you do have decent rebounders (do agree that it is a still a point of weakness though) also believe that Kade Stewart would be ideal in your forward line, he is greatly respected here but given our vast number of small/defensive forwards he's finding it hard to get a consistent game (he has played the same number of games as Harley Balic though and shown a little more) and he has been likened to a Rioli/Puopolo and combined with Ballantyne would cause some serious chaos for the opposition.

It also wouldn't be "robbing you of two youngsters", that probably isn't the best way to look at it. You would be swapping two promising young players (that are essentially competing for the same spot) for a proven triple premiership player that would instantly make you a noticeably better side while also bringing in another young and promising young player that would help fill a deficiency on your list.

Remember that Balic has only just been able to inconsistently brake into your side (yes injury kept him out initially but he's been fit and ready to go for a while now and is still in and out of the side) and you use your draft picks to recruit another better suited to and/or better fits your side.

There would be no "homesickness factor" with these two players because well, they would be coming back home.

This was just a scenario that I thought could be good to float around and if anything it would be us that would be losing more in the short term but given our current situation we may not have too much of a choice.

Anyway take it easy and good luck with the season mate!
You too should take it easy, your current situation just need time to recover.you are quite famous in your own board . My suggestion to you is sell rioli to a non rebuilding team .

The problem is you use that second round on tom Mitchell( first round pick) . So stop complaining. If you want one of balic or tucker maybe freo might consider your second round (GWs) pick plus a player under 25 years old.

Ummm... No we didn't mate, that trade involved OUR First Round Selection and a swap of ours and Sydney's Second Round Selections.

The pick that we received for Bradley Hill was sent to St Kilda as part of that ridiculous swap of pics.

If you're going to take a swipe at least get your facts correct.

By the way there's no complaining here, just proving the point that the majority of Fremantle supporters were calling Bradley Hill a hack to minimalize his trade value but hey now he's in your colours and helping win you guys games all of a sudden he's the gun that he always has been.

Reason for bringing that up is because the same "he's only good because he's part of a champion team" talk is now being applied to Stratton and given the above mentioned wouldn't it be more fair and realistic to acknowledge the player on their merits as opposed to last years events.

Not starting a boxing match here princess so take the gloves off and perhaps offer a respectful response to what was intended as a respectful post initially.

Ummm... No we didn't mate, that trade involved OUR First Round Selection and a swap of ours and Sydney's Second Round Selections.

The pick that we received for Bradley Hill was sent to St Kilda as part of that ridiculous swap of pics.

If you're going to take a swipe at least get your facts correct.

By the way there's no complaining here, just proving the point that the majority of Fremantle supporters were calling Bradley Hill a hack to minimalize his trade value but hey now he's in your colours and helping win you guys games all of a sudden he's the gun that he always has been.

Reason for bringing that up is because the same "he's only good because he's part of a champion team" talk is now being applied to Stratton and given the above mentioned wouldn't it be more fair and realistic to acknowledge the player on their merits as opposed to last years events.

Not starting a boxing match here princess so take the gloves off and perhaps offer a respectful response to what was intended as a respectful post initially.
I just want to be your princess :$. Fact is you give up b.hill because of your salary cap . Stop your nonsense and go back to your own board and complained about your own team.

Last edited:

He has only been fit this year, and has played 4 games out of 6 and has accounted himself very well.

He major concerned when he was drafted was his wrist injury, which he is 100% over.

He was drafted at pick 35 ish, I value him at pick 20 to 25 and even then I would be disappointed to lose him.
Then we have Tucker who was taken at pick 27 and has not lost any value.

And who have you offered, Stratton who is a great player but the wrong age profile for our side and who else??

If you want two quality players then you need to offer some quality, and the players should be 26 and under.

Brad Hill is working out very well for us so far. Thanks for asking.
I liked him and valued him, but not as a high first round pick. One or two of your posters were very strong on his running and finishing, but many on your board thought he was poor.

I'll ask the question: was Brad Hill ever as good over consecutive weeks for Hawthorn as he has been for Fremantle?

It's good that he is being given the acknowledgement and respect that he deserves and it is great that he is back home and playing good footy with his brother.

I'm not saying that he was worth a "high first round pick" however he was worth a pick in the range of 10-15 so to be honest I think that while something along the lines of Bradley Hill and the Hawthorn 2017 First and Second Round Selections in exchange for the Fremantle 2017 First and Second Round Selections would have been laughed at back then it would have been a little more fair and if I recall correctly you traded down your first anyway.

Also to answer your question, yes Bradley Hill was actually a very consistent player when with us and actually stood up multiple times in our finals campaigns, however last year he was inconsistent and when it became clear that we weren't as ideally placed for the "FOURTHORN" as we all hoped to be he unfairly copped the wrath of SOME supporters.

At the end of the day I'm happy for the kid because he is happy and believe it or not I'm happy for you guys as a club too but maybe it's time to let 2013 go (not trying to insult) and if there is a chance to land another experienced and decorated player, maybe instead of shooting the idea down it could be taken on board respectfully because when I put it forward, I did so with that same respect.

Anyway as previously stated goodluck for the season and I genuinely mean that :)

It's good that he is being given the acknowledgement and respect that he deserves and it is great that he is back home and playing good footy with his brother.

I'm not saying that he was worth a "high first round pick" however he was worth a pick in the range of 10-15 so to be honest I think that while something along the lines of Bradley Hill and the Hawthorn 2017 First and Second Round Selections in exchange for the Fremantle 2017 First and Second Round Selections would have been laughed at back then it would have been a little more fair and if I recall correctly you traded down your first anyway.

Also to answer your question, yes Bradley Hill was actually a very consistent player when with us and actually stood up multiple times in our finals campaigns, however last year he was inconsistent and when it became clear that we weren't as ideally placed for the "FOURTHORN" as we all hoped to be he unfairly copped the wrath of SOME supporters.

At the end of the day I'm happy for the kid because he is happy and believe it or not I'm happy for you guys as a club too but maybe it's time to let 2013 go (not trying to insult) and if there is a chance to land another experienced and decorated player, maybe instead of shooting the idea down it could be taken on board respectfully because when I put it forward, I did so with that same respect.

Anyway as previously stated goodluck for the season and I genuinely mean that :)
Thanks anywhere .

I just want to be your princess :$. Fact is you give up b.hill because of your salary cap . Stop your nonsense and go back to your own board and complained about your own team.

Mate salary cap space had nothing to do with it at all.

The kids went to Clarko begging to go home because he understandably misses his family and wanted to play with his brother.

That's the kind of club we are and even though we got unders because that's the kind of club you are, it's good to see him home and happy.

What's with all the passive aggressiveness? I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes and I wasn't complaining :)

He has only been fit this year, and has played 4 games out of 6 and has accounted himself very well.

He major concerned when he was drafted was his wrist injury, which he is 100% over.

He was drafted at pick 35 ish, I value him at pick 20 to 25 and even then I would be disappointed to lose him.
Then we have Tucker who was taken at pick 27 and has not lost any value.

And who have you offered, Stratton who is a great player but the wrong age profile for our side and who else??

If you want two quality players then you need to offer some quality, and the players should be 26 and under.

While I do agree with the bulk of this (mainly with the part that Tucker has held his worth and not fluctuated either way, I am baffled as to why you think that Balic has gained any value when he was taken lower down the draft and played about a fifth the amount of games.

I would have valued him to be worth anywhere between 35-45 and Tucker to be worth 25-35 even though we gave up Bradley Hill for pick 23 we are always a fair club to deal with which to be honest is something that I consider to be a fault because other clubs are aware and do try to take advantage.

Anyways I do acknowledge the whole age profile thing but just think that if you have two VIC players that have played a handful of games and it's looking like one's going to try come home (which would be a continual yet unfair problem for you guys as well as other interstate clubs) then to try and turn that negative into a positive by bringing in another experienced, triple premiership player that will instantly solidify his place in your backline, making it better and also passing on much needed knowledge to the rest of your back six as well as pick up another WA kid who has much promise but can't consistently crack into what has been up until this season the best forward line of the last decade.

Difference of opinion I guess but it happens.

Anyway goodluck this week against the Blues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back