Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Balic out of considerations I am thinking only one change is likely.

Outs:
Sutty
Ibbo if you need two slots

Ins:
S Hill (If Fit)
Balla (If Fit)
Ryan, if Ibbo is out and neither Shill or Balla is in

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weitering has a good 6 or 7 cm on Logue. Hamling would be the smarter option.

I can see Logue being more of a medium/tall defender, similar to Ibbotson, rather then a KPD.

Logue is definitely key position size. Watched him train in the preseason from 10 metres away at times. He is taller than Mundy and Cox by at least a centimetre. The Freo site is always wrong. Hughes is at least 191cm, Fyfe at least 192cm and Collins 192cm max. The 189cm listing was after the underage carnival. Logue was listed 191cm everywhere leading into the draft testing and 193cm at the time of the draft. He is definitely still growing and if anything he is taller than 193cm. The Swan District junior coach mentioned he will still growing around the time of the drafting. Definitely more Luke Mcpharlin than Ibbo in terms of his footy role.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue is definitely key position size. Watched him train in the preseason from 10 metres away at times. He is taller than Mundy and Cox by at least a centimetre. The Freo site is always wrong. Hughes is at least 191cm, Fyfe at least 192cm and Collins 192cm max. The 189cm listing was after the underage carnival. Logue was listed 191cm everywhere leading into the draft testing and 193cm at the time of the draft. He is definitely still growing and if anything he is taller than 193cm. The Swan District junior coach mentioned he will still growing around the time of the drafting. Definitely more Luke Mcpharlin than Ibbo in terms of his footy role.

Welcome back.:):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome back.:):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Thanx. Really hope Langdon doesn't play this week. Playing too many injured players has been our biggest mistake in recent years. Stephan Hill in and Langdon out would be my preference. If Ryan has another good game on the weekend Id bring him in the following week for Suttcliffe or Ibbo. Ballaz to come in after at least one game or perhaps even two.. He is a confidence player and I think would benefit from gaining touch before playing at AFL level.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Don't think Ballantyne will play more than one game in the WAFL because of the fixturing. Over the next 5 weeks there are 2 Byes for Peel and one for Fremantle.

Perth vs Peel
Bye for State game
Peel vs Subiaco
Peel Bye
AFL Bye Fremantle

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanx. Really hope Langdon doesn't play this week. Playing too many injured players has been our biggest mistake in recent years. Stephan Hill in and Langdon out would be my preference. If Ryan has another good game on the weekend Id bring him in the following week for Suttcliffe or Ibbo. Ballaz to come in after at least one game or perhaps even two.. He is a confidence player and I think would benefit from gaining touch before playing at AFL level.

Balla's did play well in the 2015 finals after coming straight in after an injury lay off.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes suban and sheriden excellent choice.

Walshy1

All Australian
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Suban might be useful if it gets really wet. Just crashes in and gets the ball.

Disappointed that there is no young lads though

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
TEAM_ROUND_9.jpg

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've said it before but I swear Suban has printed the RTB comprising photos and given a copy to Sheridan.
Watched him closely for Peel last week and was left scratching my head as to how he is identified as Afl quality aside from the volume of running he did.
Sea-gulled most of the game and didn't impact many stoppages. Thought his delivery was conservative, didn't 'open-up' play much.
I personally don't care for him and find our team weaker to look at when he's part of the best 22.
But he's in the mix. So yay :$

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if expectations for Ryan and/or Nyhuis to slot straight in are realistic?

On my Wishlist too but they have to back their form up a fair bit more you'd think.

Although the constant Suban reminders are getting beyond baffling I must say.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've said it before but I swear Suban has printed the RTB comprising photos and given a copy to Sheridan.
Watched him closely for Peel last week and was left scratching my head as to how he is identified as Afl quality aside from the volume of running he did.
Sea-gulled most of the game and didn't impact many stoppages. Thought his delivery was conservative, didn't 'open-up' play much.
I personally don't care for him and find our team weaker to look at when he's part of the best 22.
But he's in the mix. So yay :$

Thats what BHill does , Runs. Sheridan played the outside runner, it was his job and he did it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back