List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway long way to go in the season. Hopefully we don't have to have this discussion in October.
That is my reason I said is quite reasonable . No way our valuation of players is accurate after 8 round . I believe your evaluation of fasolo is still high but his market value definitely drop now .

Last edited:
Just on the Jarrod Garlett thing, originally he was still in contract with Gold Coast and they released him to go which meant under the Mal Michael rule we would have had to trade for him however they backflipped on this decision and let him walk free completely and removed from the list before list lodgement.

This was so they could sign Michael Barlow up as a DFA, it was an amicable split between the two and if he wants to play AFL next year it will be through the draft, Gold Coast has no rights to him and can't stop him either if they wanted to.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-08/suns-release-jarrod-garlett-from-contract-for-personal-reasons

Just on the Jarrod Garlett thing, originally he was still in contract with Gold Coast and they released him to go which meant under the Mal Michael rule we would have had to trade for him however they backflipped on this decision and let him walk free completely and removed from the list before list lodgement.

This was so they could sign Michael Barlow up as a DFA, it was an amicable split between the two and if he wants to play AFL next year it will be through the draft, Gold Coast has no rights to him and can't stop him either if they wanted to.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-08/suns-release-jarrod-garlett-from-contract-for-personal-reasons

Thanks for that,didnt realise he was a free agent.:thumbsu:

Purple Haze, I've been made aware (by a very mediocre source) that H. Balic, D. Tucker & E. Landgon may be considering a return to Melbourne. Are these rumours substantiated? If so, what would be a fair price for each of them? From what I've seen (which is a fair bit as dad bleeds purple) they all look pretty handy. From saints pov, we'd be more interested in Landgon/Balic as everyone not getting a game currently is a hb flanker. Saints would likely be offering picks. We will roughly have Picks 5-7ish, 10-12ish, Rd 3-54, R4-(NM) 66, Rd 4-72, R6-108. Obvs won't be doing away with the first 2 picks and a mid 3rd seems a little light. Interested to hear your thoughts?

Purple Haze, I've been made aware (by a very mediocre source) that H. Balic, D. Tucker & E. Landgon may be considering a return to Melbourne. Are these rumours substantiated? If so, what would be a fair price for each of them? From what I've seen (which is a fair bit as dad bleeds purple) they all look pretty handy. From saints pov, we'd be more interested in Landgon/Balic as everyone not getting a game currently is a hb flanker. Saints would likely be offering picks. We will roughly have Picks 5-7ish, 10-12ish, Rd 3-54, R4-(NM) 66, Rd 4-72, R6-108. Obvs won't be doing away with the first 2 picks and a mid 3rd seems a little light. Interested to hear your thoughts?
Jesus Christ....

I would be devastated if we lost any of them, losing all three would cripple our rebuild process and set us back a year or two and I'd be pretty angry. Having said that, Vic posters have claimed Langdon, Weller, Tucker and Balic would be heading back ever since we drafted them so I'll take your mediocre source with a grain of salt. In the spirit of debate I would honestly think each of them is worth a pick from 20-30 and I'm trying to be reasonable. I think if you got a player of the quality of any of those three with a pick from 20-30 you'd be pretty happy

None of them will end up at St Kilda because they all hate Fyfe and he's already signed.

Last edited:
Following on from that, this whole thing with Balic has really made me appreciate how good we are at retaining players, I cant remember the last player we lost at all to another team, yet alone we wanted to keep (maybe Roberton?). How does Adelaide do this every year? It would have to make you so jaded

Following on from that, this whole thing with Balic has really made me appreciate how good we are at retaining players, I cant remember the last player we lost at all to another team, yet alone we wanted to keep (maybe Roberton?). How does Adelaide do this every year? It would have to make you so jaded
Not sure we are able to retain good players outside of SA though .players from vic Crowley,mundy , suban , sherriden , Clarke ,croz .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To clarify he would need to be picked up in the draft, no teams currently have ties to him.

Would expect he would want to stay in WA so hopefully we could pick him up with a 4th rounder or so but Eagles may pounce
I've kept an eye on Garlett with South Fremantle and he hasn't really shown all that much and at one point dropped to the reserves.

In 2017 played 4 league games; averaging 15 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. Has played 2 reserves games averaged 18 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. He would want to improve a heck of a lot. Rookie list at best and well behind the likes of Liam Ryan, Bailey Banfield, Cody Ninyette and Tim Kelly just to name a few.

wtf? why are we jumping at shadows? These "sources" are about as credible as using an octopus to pick up random pieces of paper to determine who is staying and who is going.

edit - I take it back. the octopus would definitely be more credible.

maybe freo should just merge with Saints. Then you get Fyfe, tucker, langdon, balic, and you get Ross back. Everyone's happy:)

Remember with Balic, he actually cost us ~pick 22 not 35. To lose him after getting his wrist sorted, and potentially Tucker as well...

I've kept an eye on Garlett with South Fremantle and he hasn't really shown all that much and at one point dropped to the reserves.

In 2017 played 4 league games; averaging 15 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. Has played 2 reserves games averaged 18 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. He would want to improve a heck of a lot. Rookie list at best and well behind the likes of Liam Ryan, Bailey Banfield, Cody Ninyette and Tim Kelly just to name a few.

Think I heard one of his coaches say that Garlett's has had a couple of injuries. One game where he went off early and didn't come back so his stats were low.

He was pick 38.
We dont need to get too specific, he was a second round pick. We had pick 35 that got pushed back to 38. The difference in 2015 draft between 30-40 was minimal. I think a 2018 second rounder in that range is fair value. Whether we get that is another matter.

Still got dropped to the reserves. He also only had 12 touches on the weekend.

I actually didn't think he was too bad on the weekend considering how s**t the rest of the team were.

If Garlett really is battling personal issues do we really expect him to be playing his bets footy anyway? Sure there's a couple of other good smalls in the WAFL but Garlett was taken first round for a reason and actually had a few good games at Gold Coast. I'm not 100% sure if he's what he really need tbh as I believe we need more of a genuine small forward than a HFF like Garlett. Having said that I would definitely use our fourth rounder on him, maybe even Gold Coast's if West Coast somehow end up with a pick in between ours and theirs, whilst making sure we fill the small forward need via trade or draft as well.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should do a trade with collingwood , their second round ,or maybe fasalo plus 4th round .balic or langdon will be good addition for them as long they don't ask us to take mayne back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back