Preview Round 9 Freo vs Carlton at subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is rain predicted?
4-10mm predicted for Sunday although it says most likely in the morning so who knows. Carlton played out a good win in pretty terrible conditions against Essendon a few weeks ago so are pretty decent in the wet, We haven't yet played in any variable conditions so will need to bring our A game. Wouldn't be surprised to see Suban make an extended bench again. Hope not though.

The "tough" captain vs a prone opposition player on the ground...

Whereas it was great how the Saints players flew the flag straight away.

I'm guessing you don't know what Carlisle said then. Murphy should have stomped on his head, Carlisle is an absolute flog of a bloke and deserved it.

Winning sounds like a good idea!
Carlton has showed themselves to be a very good wet weather team his year, and Fremantle hasn't played in the wet yet.
I am looking forward to seeing Sam PS play in the big league.
Hopefully Fremantle can get ahead early and keep their distance over the whole game. I love the fight backs,but I'm not sure about my heart.

Reckon Marc Murphy might try for the record in soft free kicks. The one that Leigh Fisher set for him in 2015 ( I think).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just dropped in to see what your thoughts were for the upcoming game. Surprised to see some of the vitriolic posts against Murph; I thought we had a healthy respect for each other.
Well done on your resurrection; the team is playing some good footy and the possible inclusions of Stephen Hill and Ballantyne worry me. Lachy Neale is a jet and big Sandi is near on unbeatable (Kruez may rove to him..).
I'm hoping for torrential rain as we have played some good wet weather footy against Essendon and Collingwood.
Make sure you cheer on the WA boys; SPS and Fisher.

I'm outta here...good luck for the rest of the season.

Just dropped in to see what your thoughts were for the upcoming game. Surprised to see some of the vitriolic posts against Murph; I thought we had a healthy respect for each other.
Well done on your resurrection; the team is playing some good footy and the possible inclusions of Stephen Hill and Ballantyne worry me. Lachy Neale is a jet and big Sandi is near on unbeatable (Kruez may rove to him..).
I'm hoping for torrential rain as we have played some good wet weather footy against Essendon and Collingwood.

I think you'll find the majority respect him.

Question. Out of Cripps, Curnow, Murphy, Gibbs or others who is your most damaging mid? AKA who will Blakely go to? And will Weitering play mostly forward or back?

Question. Out of Cripps, Curnow, Murphy, Gibbs or others who is your most damaging mid? AKA who will Blakely go to? And will Weitering play mostly forward or back?
I'm not really sure what type of player Blakely is but of the mids you mentioned - Cripps and Murphy are our most damaging. Cripps is an inside mid and Murphy an outside mid - I'd tip he'd go to either of them, depending on his strengths. Ed Curnow will tag your most influential mid, however the difficulty is that neither Neale or Fyffe are good matchups for him - (Neale too fast/Fyffe too big & strong).

Our backline is pretty settled so I can see Weitering playing as the hit-up CHF, with big Levi in the square.

Really hope SPS puts on a show for you...he is a special talent and so good to watch live (lightning quick reflexes/decision making & exquisite skills).

Good luck on Sunday...hope it's a great game.

I'm not really sure what type of player Blakely is but of the mids you mentioned - Cripps and Murphy are our most damaging. Cripps is an inside mid and Murphy an outside mid - I'd tip he'd go to either of them, depending on his strengths. Ed Curnow will tag your most influential mid, however the difficulty is that neither Neale or Fyffe are good matchups for him - (Neale too fast/Fyffe too big & strong).

Our backline is pretty settled so I can see Weitering playing as the hit-up CHF, with big Levi in the square.

Really hope SPS puts on a show for you...he is a special talent and so good to watch live (lightning quick reflexes/decision making & exquisite skills).

Good luck on Sunday...hope it's a great game.

I would be guessing Blakely will go to Cripps as Blakely is more an inside player himself. It is more run with for Blakely than tag.

Curnow will be spoilt for choice as our most influential mid has basically changed every week for the last month - last week it was Walters, week before Brad Hill, weeks before that Fyfe/S Hill. If S Hill comes in it could be any of those or Neale as the most influential. Neale is also not that quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back