Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmer? Cable? Michael was very good but not number 1. I would have him up in the top 10 and ahead of those currently playing but not at 1.

I'm too young to have seen TI play but my dad to this day says he is the greatest player he has seen play the game so for me I guess he would be number 1.

I'm too young to have seen TI play but my dad to this day says he is the greatest player he has seen play the game
Probably in the crowd with your old man watching him play with Mr Magic at the Bulldogs in the 70's and he was a phenomenally gifted athlete and footballer.
Maurice Rioli remains one of my favourite ever players and proved his standing when he moved to Richmond.
I rated TI above Maurice.When Ross said yesterday that Harley Bennell was an elite reader of the game I thought of TI.
As masai said Polly,Maurice,TI and Barry were the big hitters,but there are so many fantastic footballers amongst them it's a high class blanket finishing field.

wirrapanda stiff i reckon in that list

notice with farmer and abraham no freo highlights??

Yeah I noticed that too. Seeing as 17 (guess) of that list of 25 were West Aussies, the least they could do was show one or two highlights from them playing for Freo. Would have been nice if they had mentioned the high number of West Aussie too.

Anyone watch 'The greatest' on Fox? They were doing the greatest indigenous players tonight.

For those that didn't see it, where do you think Stephen Michael came in?
If the great man isn't on their list then it's fake news and whomever compiled it can garn. TI is still to this day the best player I have ever seen live, and I've seen a lot of players live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winston would be struggling to be in the top 20 indigenous players to play for Freo.
Ease up. Winston was the definition of class, skill and athleticism. He oozed it.

He had the style of Maradonna and made everything look so effortless. He could make constipation look graceful.

Seemed to go up a notch when he made the move to the Roos but I think they played a style which allowed him to flourish.

Whilst I agree he's probably not in the top echelon of indigenous players overall, I do wonder if being drafted to Freo (lets face it we weren't known for development back then) was to his detriment and how great he could have been if he was drafted to a club with established programmes and departments.

Still one of my favourite Dockers and I was gutted when we traded him.

Their top 5 were:1.Goodes
2.Buddy
3.Polly
4.McLeod
5.Cable.

Total disregard of the WAFL and SANFL. So sick of the Vic centric outlook. Someone should remind them its no longer the VFL. For e.g.. Lou Richards dominating Foxtel the last few days , sorry for his family he passed but he was VFL not AFL and meant very little to WA fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back