Gil and Fitzpatrick Named in Writ -- the saga

Remove this Banner Ad

..through the actions of Gillion McLaughlin, requested ASADA to commit fraud by removing material from ASADA’s Interim Report that was unfavourable to the interests of the AFL.

AFL breached its duty of care…pre-judged the outcomes the AFL sought from the Joint Investigation and the Disciplinary Process..

..they better bring it

....AFL I mean as their are serious allegations here and the Judge cannot be bought off with final tickets/accreditation..

He backed off last time when the AFL wanted him to front up costs in advance. That tells me a lot about his own conviction about the weight of his arguments.

And now he's timing it 24 hours before the suspended players return in the preseason comp and he suddenly has the money to cover costs? Reeks of an ulterior motive.

Something fishy indeed. The thing is, I cant see Essendon wanting this rearing its head again. They want to move on surely. Is he just trying to bait the AFL into coughing up cash in the hope it goes away? Its just weird.

This post just shows you are speculating....you know nothing John Malifice..... from what I understand, the AFL wanted full recourse to the plaintiff in order to bankrupt him in case he lost the case and the AFL lawyers successfully argued that he had to put up X (being a huge sum) sum of dollars upfront before the Court would even start hearing the case.

Obviously, the amount sought was so large that it was unreasonable and so the case could not proceed.

The AFL lawyers also engaged in stalling tactics with some agreements/documentation which lasted past an agreed date, so they could legitimately reneged on their undertakings which weakened the initial case for the plaintiff.

My apologies, my past experience is some people in bigfooty have trouble concentrating on simple facts.
Judging by your posting you wouldn't know a fact if you fell over one.

Lawyer alleges AFL has caused ASADA to commit fraud in its Interim Report
Philip Nelson
Australia
MAY 18, 2017 — In a Statement of Claim lodged at the Supreme Court today, Lawyer Jackson Taylor has alleged the AFL had caused ASADA to commit fraud by including an alleged false statement and by removing material from ASADA’s Interim Report that was unfavourable to the interests of the AFL.
The Statement of Claim also alleges the outcome of the AFL hearing was predetermined.

Will Gil and Mike finally get hauled into Court?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep let's just **** the saga off all together. Sick to death of still hearing about it in 2017....
Agreed. The boys had a decent win last weekend and are starting to play some good football whilst off field we have record memberships and leading the attendance numbers. Do we really need this distraction again?
The players are over it so move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back