Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Thank for your help guys. I thought about the train but I might need to swing past my hotel in the cbd to pick up some luggage and work might help with cab charges so a taxi would be convenient.
Fair enough
Spotless is the kind of place where finding a seat nearby for an overnight bag wouldn't be hard if you chose. You can change seats for space with no drama every aisle I've been in. Would have to be prepared for it to be searched on entry though.

GuzzLG

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair enough
Spotless is the kind of place where finding a seat nearby for an overnight bag wouldn't be hard if you chose. You can change seats for space with no drama every aisle I've been in. Would have to be prepared for it to be searched on entry though.
hmmm good point but it would probably be a 20kg bag I'd have to take as I just happen to be sent interstate for the week for the first time ever so I'd have about 5 days worth of clothes including suits, etc with me.

Hopefully my bombers can get some consistency by round 11 and make a contest out it but I'm fearing an 80 point demolition!

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Always some around on Olympic Boulevarde mate, it might be worth checking out the train timetable as well though it would be two changes.
Traffic flows very well out of the area so unlikely to be an issue.
Uber seems big up here.
1 change

Olympic park to Central

Central to airport

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Only if they are running trains east and west. They didn't last weekend.
Only seems to be when there's another event. Did for both finals last year. I'm seriously pissed at the absurd crowd control at Lidcombe and will not change there again.
Reminds me of Clyde stn changing for he Carlinflgord line to get to Camellia. The lòop train timed to interconnect with a train from the city. Every time it was a minute late some power mad moron would get on the speaker and yell at everyone to run over the bridge to the platform.
Running the ******* trains on time or being patient the only civilised responses.

:'(Nothing personal GG

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
:'(Nothing personal GG

None taken
6e00a1ac42dd901a84d7645eb599aa87.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/...stadium-reverts-to-sydney-showground-stadium/

Spotless Stadium will provide a nostalgic flashback today as it reverts back to the name it carried during the Sydney 2000 Olympics, Sydney Showground Stadium.

Sydney Showground looks forward to the future of the Stadium and will be announcing its new naming rights partner in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/...stadium-reverts-to-sydney-showground-stadium/

Spotless Stadium will provide a nostalgic flashback today as it reverts back to the name it carried during the Sydney 2000 Olympics, Sydney Showground Stadium.

Sydney Showground looks forward to the future of the Stadium and will be announcing its new naming rights partner in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I suppose it’s inevitable that stadiums gets commercial names - just so long as we don’t end up with something ridiculously stupid like 1300 Smiles Stadium.

I’d also like us to avoid a betting agency like Lottoland (brookvale) or centerbet (Penrith before this one)

Whichever way it goes it will take a while to get used to and then the name after that will as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be interesting given the dearth of anything out that way!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Giant YoYo

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2023
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Love this stadium, the field views from all sides are excellent but feel a renovation may be coming due soon. I went down to the MCG for the Giants v Saints elimination final game and I must say, their seats are exceptionally comfy (second level). Though, I can't imagine we'd be getting seats as comfy as theirs unless the crowds/ financial position supported it.

Next couple of seasons should be quite telling, I know RAS were keen to upgrade the stadium to increase its capacity to 30-35k in 2016 though I imagine this has been put on hold until crowd numbers can support this increase.

I went down to the MCG for the Giants v Saints elimination final game and I must say, their seats are exceptionally comfy (second level). Though, I can't imagine we'd be getting seats as comfy as theirs unless the crowds/ financial position supported it.
I've been at the MCG for a few different games over the last five years or so and sat in many different spots. The seating is very hit and miss. Our GF, we got Cat 1 tickets, very good. I've had a member and a GA attendance - both were fine. I got a forward pocket for the Lions GF and was just about sitting in the neighbour's lap - awful awful awful.

Giant YoYo

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2023
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
I've been at the MCG for a few different games over the last five years or so and sat in many different spots. The seating is very hit and miss. Our GF, we got Cat 1 tickets, very good. I've had a member and a GA attendance - both were fine. I got a forward pocket for the Lions GF and was just about sitting in the neighbour's lap - awful awful awful.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I sat in N35 at the MCG for Saints v Giants and thought the seats were good.

Now that you mention it - my first game at the MCG was Collingwood v Port this year in the legends ground level area and feel visibility is far better at Giants stadium at this level. Struggled to see the other of the field at this level.

Last edited:

Section226

All Australian
May 21, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
If anyone has a chance to look at tonight's cricket match at Giants Stadium, have a look at the ground surface.

It's absolute crap.

Was like that during the 2023 AFL comp.

What the heck is the curator doing? Should be sacked immediately IMHO.

There's been enough rain and heat that the surface should be like a bowling green.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
If anyone has a chance to look at tonight's cricket match at Giants Stadium, have a look at the ground surface.

It's absolute crap.

Was like that during the 2023 AFL comp.

What the heck is the curator doing? Should be sacked immediately IMHO.

There's been enough rain and heat that the surface should be like a bowling green.
Saw that too, pretty alarming. Not sure what’s going on but better start making progress soon.

PenrithGWS

Senior List
Dec 23, 2023
AFL Club
GWS
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I sat in N35 at the MCG for Saints v Giants and thought the seats were good.

Now that you mention it - my first game at the MCG was Collingwood v Port this year in the legends ground level area and feel visibility is far better at Giants stadium at this level. Struggled to see the other of the field at this level.

Anything in the N's at the G is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back