Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
So today's the day. Expected to rain cats & dogs (!) tonight at Kardinia. Bevo 0-3 v Cats, 0-7 without Moyd and we're winless in Sleepy Hollow for 14 years, v Cats for 8 years. Tonight is the night!!

If it's definitely pissing down I'm expecting Cloke to make way for McLean.

Feeling good about tonight. First Friday night game all year that we've played that remotely resembles a forward line. With Cloke and Redpath we've got some alpha male presence. And of course the dead eye Dickson is back.

Think someone mentioned on the other thread that Geelong supporters are a sensitive bunch.

It's me they were hammering because i think Menzel, while a good player is a flog of a person and scott selwood isn't much chop.

I said that on our board and they were upset about it on theirs despite the fact i never mentioned them there and i was very civil

geelong struggle with pacy forwards, we dont have any, and our smalls dont provide enough pressure
not sure if cloke should be a late out..

im usually pretty good with tipping when dogs will win (tipped dogs to lose vs WC)

i think dogs will win, been confident all week

Think someone mentioned on the other thread that Geelong supporters are a sensitive bunch.

It's me they were hammering because i think Menzel, while a good player is a flog of a person and scott selwood isn't much chop.

I said that on our board and they were upset about it on theirs despite the fact i never mentioned them there and i was very civil

ignore them, they are a sad bunch down there at the cattery
i dont like menzel either , then again i hate the whole team

ignore them, they are a sad bunch down there at the cattery
i dont like menzel either , then again i hate the whole team

They're a very sad bunch at the cattery
They're whingey and edgy and chattery.
It's clearly a sign
That their team's in decline
When calling them flogs would be flattery.

It's going to be tough to win tonight against a team playing on raw emotion with their new stand. It will be crucial to withstand the early stand inspired onslaught and have the team stand up to the pressure playing up to last years finals standards. The rest of the comp should be thankful the stand wasn't ready before the season or the cats would be undefeated on top of the ladder given how much tackling pressure the stand provides.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rolling solo to this one after work.

Pray I make it home in one piece :praying:
The Geelong crowd is one of the most mellow crowds in the league unless you're an umpire or Steven Motlop) ... except for the rare few in standing room who like to make a nuisance of themselves after a gutfull of grog.

You won't have any issues and I'm not sure where the bad reputation stems from.

As an aside if any of you blokes are interested in a pre-game drink head along to the Lord of the Isles ... I'll be easy to spot sporting the #5 on the back of the jumper.

Best of luck for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be tough to win tonight against a team playing on raw emotion with their new stand. It will be crucial to withstand the early stand inspired onslaught and have the team stand up to the pressure playing up to last years finals standards. The rest of the comp should be thankful the stand wasn't ready before the season or the cats would be undefeated on top of the ladder given how much tackling pressure the stand provides.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

tbf every team we play this year has been pumped up to play us
nothing new, its just another game for us
our team has been playing against high pressure all season

Not everybody understands ... :(. Notwithstanding it was still an outstanding post. Doesn't impact your standing at all.

This!! Is a very important point......... :p

The Geelong crowd is one of the most mellow crowds in the league unless you're an umpire or Steven Motlop) ... except for the rare few in standing room who like to make a nuisance of themselves after a gutfull of grog.

You won't have any issues and I'm not sure where the bad reputation stems from.

As an aside if any of you blokes are interested in a pre-game drink head along to the Lord of the Isles ... I'll be easy to spot sporting the #5 on the back of the jumper.

Best of luck for the rest of the year.
The best pub in Geelong is the commo! Easy to access from Kardinia park as well.

Hasn't it been comfirmed that McLean is in for Cloke?

It was on Bulldogs Twitter. Tweet seems to have disappeared, unless I am not looking hard enough? Or maybe I was reading a Tweet from someone else to the Bulldogs suggesting it's all but confirmed. Has anyone else heard anything? I can't find anything official.

The best pub in Geelong is the commo! Easy to access from Kardinia park as well.
The LOTI or the Sporting Globe are the best pubs to visit if you're a football fan imo.

Final teams need to be in 90 mins before first bounce, no?

yes - but late changes can be made up until the start of the match.
If a player injures themselves in the warm up they can be replaced by one of the emergencies.

Pissing down here in Geelong. Cloke or Redpath will be a late out IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back