2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just tell me before I lose my job
a8a35d0b4905bd9be76bae30d6014680797c8934e2da5532812640f916cff528.jpg

No idea where to put this so I am just going to put this here.

There is a section of St Kilda supporters on BigFooty who are just dead set flogs when it comes to Ross Lyon.

Defloggo, Buttplug etc contribute nothing to discussion other than hyperbole and factually incorrect punchlines.

It's as if they are so hurt over Ross Lyon leaving and the subsequent 2 years of pain due to their clubs incompetence and hiring practices that they see anything with RTB as being the same thing.

In my head I understand that peoples views are shaped by their experiences but holy hell some of these posters are dead set drongos. At least throw in some balanced views before potting not just him but the club that I love.

I wish I'll on very few people but the way St Kilda (and some GWS fans) carry on makes me wish we could remove all the warning labels and just let natural selection happen.

End Rant.

No idea where to put this so I am just going to put this here.

There is a section of St Kilda supporters on BigFooty who are just dead set flogs when it comes to Ross Lyon.

Defloggo, Buttplug etc contribute nothing to discussion other than hyperbole and factually incorrect punchlines.

It's as if they are so hurt over Ross Lyon leaving and the subsequent 2 years of pain due to their clubs incompetence and hiring practices that they see anything with RTB as being the same thing.

In my head I understand that peoples views are shaped by their experiences but holy hell some of these posters are dead set drongos. At least throw in some balanced views before potting not just him but the club that I love.

I wish I'll on very few people but the way St Kilda (and some GWS fans) carry on makes me wish we could remove all the warning labels and just let natural selection happen.

End Rant.
natural selection would have wiped out half of perth who support west coast :p

wish we could remove all the warning labels and just let natural selection happen.

End Rant.

On this, there is a train of thought that all the warning signs we bombard ourselves with create an environment of carelessness, giving us a false sense of security.

I remember reading about a town in German that removed all traffic signs, lights, etc and saw a dramatic decrease in car accidents.

I have never heard of something more ridiculous than this 17-5 and 18-4 rubbish. Whats the point of having finals if you rig the fixture of having the top 6 teams play each other for 5 weeks before the finals. It also makes the first 18 weeks pointless as you could basically tank and come 12th and get in finals becuase of what happens in the last 4 weeks.

Barrett gets a neutral mark from me this week.

-1 for the dumb Balic speculation regurgitation

... and ...

+1 for an actual positive sliding doors entry (still not convinced he wrote it)

If Fyfe, who is doing more than OK by the way, can actually get back to near his 2015 brute dominance ... then ... the Dockers can lock in finals. Loving the arrogance of Brad Hill, Walter's new role, the progress of McCarthy, the coolness of Mundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's replacing Devon Smith who's out with knee surgery... man their injury list is enormous now. Would be great for them to win it this year in the face of that.

A four year draftee contract won't stop a club trading a player, Fagan just wants more leverage.

The issue for me is that longer rookie contracts limits the earning space for players, they need to be signed to real money contracts so that is why I expect the AFLPA would require the four year first round pick contract to be at the AFL average pay.

..now imagine you are a club with four or five first round picks in a draft, you need to find 15% of your salary cap for just those players you will take and you're stuck with that for four years, potentially 60% of your cap rolling through your constant first round picks.

Clubs will sell their late firsts for early seconds for nothing.

He's replacing Devon Smith who's out with knee surgery... man their injury list is enormous now. Would be great for them to win it this year in the face of that.

I do not wish injury on any player but it will not make me feel great for GWS if they overcome that because of their ridiculous depth of talent thanks to AFL concessions to still win a flag. It might feel better if it means the AFL is quicker to scale those concessions back and we get back to levelish playing field.

Fagan has a valid point - you get no return on players in the first two years. Typically players in their first two years become average output players for some of their second year. They are mostly potential for what they could become so non-Vic clubs in particular lose out badly after two years if they leave because they have no leverage and had got no real benefit. Look at us if we lost Balic this year for example.

Said something similar before but maybe if they want to go home at the end of two years they do not get to choose the club at all as long the club offering the best deal is in their home state. After say their first contract extension to the initial club that drafted them then they get to nominate.

Fagan has a valid point - you get no return on players in the first two years. Typically players in their first two years become average output players for some of their second year. They are mostly potential for what they could become so non-Vic clubs in particular lose out badly after two years if they leave because they have no leverage and had got no real benefit. Look at us if we lost Balic this year for example.

Said something similar before but maybe if they want to go home at the end of two years they do not get to choose the club at all as long the club offering the best deal is in their home state. After say their first contract extension to the initial club that drafted them then they get to nominate.

Agree with Fagan's point. I would like all initial contracts to be three years - gives the club a chance to get a return on their investment, and the players a chance to settle in.

But I also think that no extensions should be signed in the first year. I feel that some clubs put a form of pressure on their young recruits to extend, often before they've played a game.

Agree with Fagan's point. I would like all initial contracts to be three years - gives the club a chance to get a return on their investment, and the players a chance to settle in.

But I also think that no extensions should be signed in the first year. I feel that some clubs put a form of pressure on their young recruits to extend, often before they've played a game.
The 'Coerce and manipulate Mild cowering Candidates ' clause aka the 'CamMcC' clause.

I like some of the things the NFL does with rookie contracts, basically all rookies salaries are dependant on what number they are drafted with a minimum length (4 years) then teams have a 5th year option, before the player can become a free agent.

Something similar in the AFL could work, maybe 3 year initial contracts and a 4th year option for the clubs, initial salaries may also be slotted at higher than current rookie contracts. This would give the players some guarantees and also allows the clubs to take a little longer in developing players

Fagan's just getting nervous about Josh Schache heading home. Try creating a culture and environment that kids want to stay with instead of lamenting the fact that they don't want to say. Their facilities are a joke. And another thing, is anyone stopping them from offering their draftees immediate extensions like other clubs do...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back