Changes v Brisbane

Do you think Scott Thompson WILL come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Every expression of opinion is valid. Any opinion can be disagreed with, but I agree with Jenny, the name calling is unnecessary.
Hmmm.....I can't help but feel my approach is the valid one.
validity is about truth, of course the water is muddied because we're talking about footy and its hard to define terms, but for example "Jenkins is one of the hardest players in the AFL" is an invalid opinion.

People will be saying that Jenkins is still suffering from his ribs next year as a reason for his poor form. Time to face facts. He played out of his skin last year when his contract was up and leveraged it for a contract he didn't deserve. Good luck to him, well played Jenkins. He is a one dimensional ordinary player who i hope is getting paid for matches played. I would be floating him on the market end of year to a club willing to pay at least 80% of his contract.

Last edited:
To be fair I didn't actually call him an idiot, I just said he might be.

Amer's a big boy, he's been called worse.

...by (1) his gimp (2) your wife (3) the courts

WHOA! so many options, i might be an idiot too. ;)

People will be saying that Jenkins is still suffering from his ribs next year as a reason for his poor form. Time to face facts. He played out of his skin last year when his contract was up and leveraged it for a contract he didn't deserve. He is a one dimensional ordinary player who i hope is getting paid for matches played. I would be floating him on the market end of year to a club willing to pay at least 80% of his contract.

Jenkins' performances consistently improved over the three years from 2014 to 2016. He's a very good forward when at his best, not just a "one dimensional ordinary player". His contract is justified considering the way he was playing.

But he did need to be sent back to the SANFL to regain even a shred of aggression. He has never been an aggressive player, but he actually was capable of clunking marks and doing some pack work at times prior to his injury. He wasn't showing that since the rib tickler, and now he needs to go back to the SANFL and regain that form

I think Jenkins could be a very good big bodied mid.

He does not move like a key forward or use his body like one. He has a massive tank and can run and carry and good footskills on the run.

Ten years ago a 190+cm mid was unheard of. Now they are common. Let's raise the bar again....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People will be saying that Jenkins is still suffering from his ribs next year as a reason for his poor form. Time to face facts. He played out of his skin last year when his contract was up and leveraged it for a contract he didn't deserve. Good luck to him, well played Jenkins. He is a one dimensional ordinary player who i hope is getting paid for matches played. I would be floating him on the market end of year to a club willing to pay at least 80% of his contract.
Jees, 2 bad games and you want to trade the guy. I'm glad your not the GM

I think Jenkins could be a very good big bodied mid.

He does not move like a key forward or use his body like one. He has a massive tank and can run and carry and good footskills on the run.

Ten years ago a 190+cm mid was unheard of. Now they are common. Let's raise the bar again....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I dont think he's quick enough in traffic to play inside mid. Would just get tackled before getting the ball out. I wouldn't be against lining him up on the wing from time to time to expose a shorter opponent and get him in the game though

He's a player with a noted inability to perform when his body is not 100%.

Reports of his rib injury varied from cracked ribs to damaged rib cartilage. Rib cartilage takes months to repair. We have no idea just how much pain JJ is still enduring as a result of this injury.

JJ's ability as a player has been proven over several seasons, as (unfortunately) has his inability to perform under duress. Let's not be so hasty in writing him off, until he's had a chance to play injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with the changes, after last weekend's game I would say about 6-8 blokes could use a game in the Magoo's... I've been really wanting Hampton to emerge, but the guy just isn't cementing his spot for me.

Needs a big (or at least bigger) game very soon... Like tomorrow!

It sounds like Brisbane will absolutely be tagging Sloane this week.

""We may well do that again tomorrow night," Fagan said with a big grin at his press conference on Friday."
We are not a one man team. Other players need to stand up! He is getting tagged every week because other players aren't standing up. Players need to see Sloane getting tagged as an opportunity.

Last edited:
It's not lament.

Personally Galluci hasn't excited me, you've obviously seen more promise than I have.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you and the club are right.
Galluci will be a good solid role player with a couple of impressive athletic traits

Good that he's been selected , definitely hasn't set the world on fire and after watching 18s the last 6 or 7 years IMO he's one of the weaker 1st round picks we've had

But that's ok - he'll still have a role and be better than Dmac

Galluci will be a good solid role player with a couple of impressive athletic traits

Good that he's been selected , definitely hasn't set the world on fire and after watching 18s the last 6 or 7 years IMO he's one of the weaker 1st round picks we've had

But that's ok - he'll still have a role and be better than Dmac
As a first rounder we need him to be more than just better than Dmac!

I have nothing against him and I am certainly not lining him up to be my whipping boy to replace Mackay :). I hope he turns out to be gun as we need him to be that.

If they do, then our chances of winning fall by 60% almost instantly.

Depends how we respond. Our midfield depth is much stronger than Brisbane with Rockliff and Robinson out. If we actually support Sloane (what is the chance of this happening?) we'll do very well, but even if we don't, we have the personnel on the park to outperform the Brisbane midfield.

Here's a quick look at the midfields by the way

Brisbane: D. Beams, Zorko, Berry, McCluggage, Rich, Lester, Taylor, Barrett, and Bell

Adelaide: Sloane, M. Crouch, B. Crouch, Douglas, Hampton, Atkins, Milera, Greenwood and Gallucci

Last edited:
Depends how we respond. Our midfield depth is much stronger than Brisbane with Rockliff and Robinson out. If we actually support Sloane (what is the chance of this happening?) we'll do very well, but even if we don't, we have the personnel on the park to outperform the Brisbane midfield

If we loose to Brisbane its time to put the Cue in the rack they dont have their best player and they are crap, they could put three on sloane and we should still win

If we loose to Brisbane its time to put the Cue in the rack they dont have their best player and they are crap, they could put three on sloane and we should still win

Agreed. Brisbane's entire midfield is Zorko and Beams, with support from Rich. Everyone else is varying degrees of s**t, or inexperienced players.

Back