Training 2017 Season Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what pic that was. Hope he is back in Perth and ready to start training. One thing is if Balic was really unwell with the flu the last thing Freo need is to have him at training and possibly passing on his bugs.

Time will tell and I hope he gets another game soon because he looked really good against Essendon.
Just like that, it has changed.

Ok I have a some what clearer picture of Balic and he is taking some personal leave from the club. This has been confirmed from a mate who is linked with sen/croc media and west aus sports media.

I don't know what for and that's all he mentioned to me.

Fremantle isn't his home town and it was taken in Vic. He has been in Vic for the last week. Not sure if you're being :rolleyes:
My cousin lives in Mordi and I have been there many times.They don't have a harbour like that.Mordialloc creek runs out to the bay with the Bridge hotel[now Doyles I think] the only place you can have a beer and look over the water and it sure as s**t doesn't look like the Kailis and France building in fishing boat harbour.

My cousin lives in Mordi and I have been there many times.They don't have a harbour like that.Mordialloc creek runs out to the bay with the Bridge hotel[now Doyles I think] the only place you can have a beer and look over the water and it sure as s**t doesn't look like the Kailis and France building in fishing boat harbour.

Yep but he is on personal leave

Yeh but he is in Melbourne, who the hell cares where the pic is taken.

36 on the track incl Hill and Balla who both completed a full session that was focused on kicking skills. Uber was the only one of the LTI's out and about. Boys were in great humour and voice this morning. Good size crowd watching and most of the players came over for autographs signings and pic's. Balic missing again and must be a worry.

Was Alex Pearce or Zarke out there?

Does anyone have any sort of prognosis for Alex Pearce? He was in a Dockers Snapchat video during the week and didn't have any sort of strapping on his leg and appeared to be walking around fine. But Hagdorn said a month ago he didn't heal fully from the cast he had and he might need surgery. I would have assumed if he was going to have surgery he would have had it by now. Anyone with any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any sort of prognosis for Alex Pearce? He was in a Dockers Snapchat video during the week and didn't have any sort of strapping on his leg and appeared to be walking around fine. But Hagdorn said a month ago he didn't heal fully from the cast he had and he might need surgery. I would have assumed if he was going to have surgery he would have had it by now. Anyone with any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ew-setback-to-broken-leg-20170418-gvmsa6.html

I know it is a Haggers article but tl;dr:
- Broke his leg last year Round 9
- Leg bones or surrounding muscles didn’t heal properly
- Then the screws and plates in his leg gets infected
- As from April this year – on Antibiotics for a month
- All the complications have resulted in having no clarity what will happen until his leg settles down and possibly starts running again – He may need more surgery if things haven't healed correctly but he may not and everything could work out...hence the TBC status really

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Closest i'll get to a training report these days, just saw Tabs & Hamling having a sunset swim at South Beach. Tabs is huge up close, makes Hamling look small.

Hamling is so fickle, Kersten used to be his besty, then Tabs kicks four and suddenly Hamling's swooning around him like a south beach pontoon

A large turnout of training watchers this morning, including me. A lot of the regulars, and a goodly number of unregulars.

It bucketed down just before I arrived at Cockburn, but did not rain while I was there, so conditions for training started out damp and then dried up as training progressed. Hopefully this is all quite similar to Sunday's conditions.

It was a short session and quite sharp on the whole I thought. A focus on ball movement, and Ross admonishing at times for not looking forward and for getting sucked in to the contest.

SHill trained the whole session and I expect he will play. Ed Langdon trained in a bandage from lower leg to lower thigh, with a slit to allow easy movement of the knee. He completed the session and looked fine so, if he pulls up OK, I guess he will play. I can throw no light at all on who will come out for SHill.

Harley Bennell took part in some of the early kicking drills, did some walking and running and then did some goal kicking with Ballas. Ballas did not take part in the training session.

Alex Pearce did some walking.

The Peel backline are doing a lot of work together at training, and this can only be good for Peel and good for the backline's development, one would imagine.

A large turnout of training watchers this morning, including me. A lot of the regulars, and a goodly number of unregulars.

It bucketed down just before I arrived at Cockburn, but did not rain while I was there, so conditions for training started out damp and then dried up as training progressed. Hopefully this is all quite similar to Sunday's conditions.

It was a short session and quite sharp on the whole I thought. A focus on ball movement, and Ross admonishing at times for not looking forward and for getting sucked in to the contest.

SHill trained the whole session and I expect he will play. Ed Langdon trained in a bandage from lower leg to lower thigh, with a slit to allow easy movement of the knee. He completed the session and looked fine so, if he pulls up OK, I guess he will play. I can throw no light at all on who will come out for SHill.

Harley Bennell took part in some of the early kicking drills, did some walking and running and then did some goal kicking with Ballas. Ballas did not take part in the training session.

Alex Pearce did some walking.

The Peel backline are doing a lot of work together at training, and this can only be good for Peel and good for the backline's development, one would imagine.
Great to hear that bennell were out there even if it's not doing a great deal

Would be great if the club would give us an update soon than later on Uber (I thought he was getting close) and A Pearce and Z Clarke instead on just before the end of the season changing the tba to season.
Alex P never needed op. Had slight infection in bone , not major but enough to slow his recovery down is wot I've been told. Got all clear to start running again but will b slow build. Expected to play this yr if no more setbacks. Fingers crossed.

Alex P never needed op. Had slight infection in bone , not major but enough to slow his recovery down is wot I've been told. Got all clear to start running again but will b slow build. Expected to play this yr if no more setbacks. Fingers crossed.

Good to hear Freddie, your better at updates than the club!

Alex P never needed op. Had slight infection in bone , not major but enough to slow his recovery down is what I've been told. Got all clear to start running again but will be slow build. Expected to play this year if no more setbacks. Fingers crossed.

Just out of curiosity mate, what did you do with the 2 seconds you saved by not including the letters I have added into your post?

Very low key this morning. The seniors had a walk around the oval . The Peel boys had a light run. Bennell trained with the Peel boys then did some run throughs and a kick to kick. Balla's had a light run then a kick to kick. If he has a hammy tear it must be very slight. Big Pearce walked laps and then the gym. Clark in the gym. Uber run throughs then a kick to kick. Langdon walked with Pearce. Thats about it, nothing more to report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back