List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still got dropped to the reserves. He also only had 12 touches on the weekend.

Think he had an interrupted pre-season (whether through injury, or because he hadn't decided to re-commit to football) - so he started off playing a game in Reserves Round 1, then was injured early in the League side Round 2 - came back through the reserves for a game in Round 5 and then played the next three games in the League.

We traded pick ~21 for pick 38 with GC.
I suppose that would make sense if we had made that trade with the specific intention of picking Balic. But we didn't and it doesn't.
It's like suggesting something cost 70 bucks because you bought it for the $30 change from $100 from something else you bought first that cost $70.

I've kept an eye on Garlett with South Fremantle and he hasn't really shown all that much and at one point dropped to the reserves.

In 2017 played 4 league games; averaging 15 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. Has played 2 reserves games averaged 18 disposals and kicked in total 2 goals. He would want to improve a heck of a lot. Rookie list at best and well behind the likes of Liam Ryan, Bailey Banfield, Cody Ninyette and Tim Kelly just to name a few.
But he is in rd8 players of the week.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/12341/waflcomau-team-and-player-of-round-8

It's irrelevant where Balic was picked anyway. He was invited to the draft (indicating some clubs rated him a chance for top 10) and slipped big time as information of how bad his wrist injury was emerged very close to draft day. Combined with him playing little footy (mainly due to that wrist injury) for Peel or Freo there's little exposed form either. He was very impressive from a small sample though. Probably the most impressed with a Freo player in their first five games I've been since Alex Pearce tbh. Clubs will know what he's really worth. Hopefully if there's enough interest we can at least get back a pick in 20s but I fear clubs will try and be stingy and get him cheaper. Despite the fact I've already posted about what he could fetch us I do believe Balic's value could be one of the most complex ones to work out. There's still a chance that we won't be having this discussion in October though.

As people have stated though leaving a guy out because of "illness" on a week where we are playing in his home town then give him indefinite leave a week later doesn't quite add up if it's just home sickness. I'm in no position to speculate further.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Purple Haze, I've been made aware (by a very mediocre source) that H. Balic, D. Tucker & E. Landgon may be considering a return to Melbourne. Are these rumours substantiated? If so, what would be a fair price for each of them? From what I've seen (which is a fair bit as dad bleeds purple) they all look pretty handy. From saints pov, we'd be more interested in Landgon/Balic as everyone not getting a game currently is a hb flanker. Saints would likely be offering picks. We will roughly have Picks 5-7ish, 10-12ish, Rd 3-54, R4-(NM) 66, Rd 4-72, R6-108. Obvs won't be doing away with the first 2 picks and a mid 3rd seems a little light. Interested to hear your thoughts?

The important thing is that you admitted it was mediocre.

The important thing is that you admitted it was mediocre.

To be fair to the guy - i'd accept picks 5 and 10 for Langdon (a speedy player who breaks lines with his run) and Balic (a player who has a year of development and was a touted top 10 pick). Fair trade given that we'll be starting again with potential unknowns.

Purple Haze, I've been made aware (by a very mediocre source) that H. Balic, D. Tucker & E. Landgon may be considering a return to Melbourne. Are these rumours substantiated? If so, what would be a fair price for each of them? From what I've seen (which is a fair bit as dad bleeds purple) they all look pretty handy. From saints pov, we'd be more interested in Landgon/Balic as everyone not getting a game currently is a hb flanker. Saints would likely be offering picks. We will roughly have Picks 5-7ish, 10-12ish, Rd 3-54, R4-(NM) 66, Rd 4-72, R6-108. Obvs won't be doing away with the first 2 picks and a mid 3rd seems a little light. Interested to hear your thoughts?

You can never guarantee anything but the team is bonding well and certainly Langdon has already indicated that he is loving his footy here and is keen to continue.

Mayday, mayday, mayday!

GC have a Sam Day and a Steven May but no Sam May.

I take it you're thinking Steven May, their newly appointed co-captain?
Not much hope I'm afraid.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/c255582a1dff671d2929eab69b26a6cb

Sam Day is contracted until the end of 2019.
Interesting... Barrett's Sliding Doors implying that May could be on the move. A backline of Hamling and May would rival the McPharlin-Tarrant combo we had a few years back.

To be fair to the guy - i'd accept picks 5 and 10 for Langdon (a speedy player who breaks lines with his run) and Balic (a player who has a year of development and was a touted top 10 pick). Fair trade given that we'll be starting again with potential unknowns.
I really hope you're trolling but you're Absolutely f*kn dreaming if you think we'd get picks 5 & 10 for Langdon and Balic - we'd be lucky to get those picks for an out of contract Fyfe! Realistically I think all 3 of them currently are worth early 2nds, but we'll be lucky to get that if all 3 were to leave, be it hypothetical at this stage. More likely to get 3rd rounders tbh.. sucks but is what it is. Let's just hope Luke Ryan can become a force and Harley Bennell gets over his injury..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope you're trolling but you're Absolutely f*kn dreaming if you think we'd get picks 5 & 10 for Langdon and Balic - we'd be lucky to get those picks for an out of contract Fyfe! Realistically I think all 3 of them currently are worth early 2nds, but we'll be lucky to get that if all 3 were to leave, be it hypothetical at this stage. More likely to get 3rd rounders tbh.. sucks but is what it is. Let's just hope Luke Ryan can become a force and Harley Bennell gets over his injury..
Everybody know he is not serious.

Anybody seen him play? I've only seen the U18 games last year, didn't think he stood out. I'd be keen to hear from those who know better.
I only heard from dirty Sanchez he is good , also watch him play live vs Vic country . Let other form their opinion . I more into player growth then straight said that player can't kick or handball . Eg ( grey) .

I seriously doubt the bullcrp rumours of all 3 of Balic Langdon and Tucker all wanting home is true. Currently all best 25 in a team that's winning games.
Managers aren't stupid, the kids will be informed that they are playing in the best 22 here an leaving may put them behind others in a melb team.

He gave his list of picks available - I suggested what i'd accept :) What's it got to do with reality?

What about Josh scoenfield of gold coast who is out of contract this season? He is from Rockingham.in draft he was pick 34 which is between Tucker and balic...because too many young players he hasn't got enough chance in suns midfield... May be worth looking ...get table for a third rounder..?

What about Josh scoenfield of gold coast who is out of contract this season? He is from Rockingham.in draft he was pick 34 which is between Tucker and balic...because too many young players he hasn't got enough chance in suns midfield... May be worth looking ...get table for a third rounder..?
Fourth Rd, freo exchange with gold coast last year second Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back