Preview Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 21st May 4.40PM (AEST) @ Domain Stadium - Final Team post #778

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neale is darn good ( great work ethic ), but for 2017 is still climbing the Freo player rankings. Junior Hill holds the reins as best at present.

Blakely will go to Murphy.

Alex Silvagni to shake hands with Fyfe & Sandi, then jog off chasing McCarthy.
Eds srength is endurance gut running not speed. Both Hills are probably a bit quick for him on the burst.

**** yes Cunners is playing. What a ripper.

So good to finally drop a tall for a runner and move Weities back. Our backline is ******* elite now.

Weitering Silvagni Plowman
Marchbank Rowe Simpson with Docherty as 7th man so good

Weitering won't be playing back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't add LeBois nor Kerr just yet.
The thing is though that they're not just top-up players. All have some serious attributes.

The 2015 draft was the one we had to make. The 2016 draft could be the one that takes us places.
Well said Harks. I'm convinced the 2015 and 2016 drafts will be looked back on as the turning points of our great club.

We don't need his impact down back.

He'll just take intercept marks away from Marchbank.
Fair point.

How many quality intercepting backs do we need? Marchbank and Plowman are quality, give Weiters a good run at it up forward. He just has all the talent and smarts. Just seems stupid to me to have so much if our best talent at one end of the ground.

Fair point.

How many quality intercepting backs do we need? Marchbank and Plowman are quality, give Weiters a good run at it up forward. He just has all the talent and smarts. Just seems stupid to me to have so much if our best talent at one end of the ground.

Spot on.

He'll rebound, get some intercept marks, beat his opponent often and set up play.

Boring.

We have plenty of those players already. Marchbank makes his presence in the back half obsolete.

Categorically his influence on the game is down this season than last.

He shouldnt be forward.
Id be fine with him in the middle. Just not forward of centre

If Weitering kicks a goal a game and adds structure to our forward line and it creates space for Charlie and SOS to add value up forward - I am okay with Weitering forward. Might be a stretch but is Casboult playing better because of Weits?

Not sure why he shouldn't be forward - which is it:
- we have another KPF in the magoos who could do better right now? McKay not yet, Jones maybe (that's a big maybe that's probably not likely), Jaksch (who knows really why he hasn't been given a chance but the MC must have a reason)
- we don't have another KPD who can intercept? Marchy seems to be doing just as well as Weitering did last year - I personally prefer the Marchy (CHB) and Weits (CHF) combo then last years version that involved a second ruck as our KPF.
- Weitering and Marchbank could both play in the backline together? Sure they could but that means either ASOS or Rowe would be out but why do that, can't see the upside in that if it means we bring in Jones, McKay not yet) or Jaksch

So based on my half arsed analysis, Weitering has averaged as many goals after 6 games forward then Jones and surely has more upside. McKay has massive potential but not there yet as decided by the MC and Jaksch has done a Dean Jones to the someone on the MC or maybe the goals he gets are just VFL goals and not going to translate.
On that basis we now Weitering can dominate down back, we ain't playing finals this year so why not get 20 games up forward into him if the backline is settled.

Not having a go FBI but keen to understand the reasoning

**** yes Cunners is playing. What a ripper.

So good to finally drop a tall for a runner and move Weities back. Our backline is ******* elite now.

Weitering Silvagni Plowman
Marchbank Rowe Simpson with Docherty as 7th man so good
No need to drop Weiters back. Rowe, ASOS and Marchbank have McCarthy, Taberner and Kersten.Williamson the other back.

I'm really glad to be part of a forum where I can have in-depth discussions using evidence-based logic to exchange arguments.

Oh, and I guess there's this place, too.

Gloating after a win = boo.
Why? Fair dinkum just enjoy a good win. Every time we have a great win the "I told you so" people come out
Gloating after a non-inclusion = woo.
All that Jones debate was worth it ;)
Just lovely.

Well said Harks. I'm convinced the 2015 and 2016 drafts will be looked back on as the turning points of our great club.
I hope so.

But honestly I'm going to arrange a test where I get the top 40 draft names since 2008- 2014and somehow get my dog to choose numbers randomly..

I have no doubt he will out perform our recruiting record.

I will also add I don't lay all the blame at the feet of the recruiting team, their selection criteria having been hopelessly compromised by outside influences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back