Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

It really is humorous watching this board but particularly the other club boards talk about Balic and his situation, random people who are clueless and desperate to make up stuff for the sake of it.

Generally the AFL cycle of gossip goes like this:

> BigFooty makes up 10 rumors hoping 1 in 10 is true
> Club / AFL announces the facts
> BigFooty disregards all the s**t they made up and cling to the fact and start building on it because they're germs
> Twitter and oxygen thieving Journos read BigFooty to merit their "BREAKING NEWS" claims
> BigFooty then uses these idiots again to back up the rubbish they made up to begin with
> Dirtybanchez comes in with his one line post because he likes to act like he's in the know but he's a nobody
> Then Barrett comes out in a suit at the end of this cycle to announce what he thinks will happen on television
> Then we put up with weeks, months of rubbish and people mimicking each other

The logic applies for every player in the competition.

******* Dirty_banchez is ruining the AFL for everyone :eek:

I have it on a very reliable source with in the club and pains me to say ... unfortunately it is 100% homesickness and will be requesting a trade at the end of the year. How it plays out I'm not sure.
Also I heard Darcy Tucker is getting a bit restless coming in and out of the team ...keep an eye on him too end of year.

All that aside midfielders are a dim a dozen and I hope we get fairly compensated if it does play out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have it on a very reliable source with in the club and pains me to say ... unfortunately it is 100% homesickness and will be requesting a trade at the end of the year. How it plays out I'm not sure.
Also I heard Darcy Tucker is getting a bit restless coming in and out of the team ...keep an eye on him too end of year.

All that aside midfielders are a dim a dozen and I hope we get fairly compensated if it does play out.
Phew - glad that's been cleared up. Wouldn't believe you if not for the long history of credible posting :D

Doesn't make sense he would stop playing for homesickness or that he club would allow it to be 'indefinite' period.

If the above is true, the club should have enforced his contract or tough luck.

Please explain how multiple postings make it any more credible, to be honest I'm only posting because I know this to be true ..... I'm not one to post thoughts or assumptions or scenarios just what I have been told by the inner sanctum at the club. There's no need for digs about credibility because I have only now 3 post. Please remember me at the start of trade week at the end of year.

Please explain how multiple postings make it any more credible, to be honest I'm only posting because I know this to be true ..... I'm not one to post thoughts or assumptions or scenarios just what I have been told by the inner sanctum at the club. There's no need for digs about credibility because I have only now 3 post. Please remember me at the start of trade week at the end of year.

Because it is very normal for trolls to create an account just so they can make s**t up.
If you had 1000 sensible posts behind you, then people would have some background to be able to trust what you say.

You know that's really odd because I heard the exact opposite.

Ability to write, Join Date and Posts all check out, definitely a Saints supporter.

Move along boys.

Inner sanctum. Yair, right. :drunk:

Must be a full moon or something. They're coming out of the woodwork.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Care to share what you heard? Im interested? Really hope we can keep him. Gut feeling says we wont.
Let not get any further , I think balic homesick is part true , some young players manage it better than others.

So what's a reasonable return for his departure?

What pick?

Or

What WA players out there that we could trade for?

** yes he's still a chance to stay and we don't work in hypotheticals.. but fck it, I'm on a mine site and I'm bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's a reasonable return for his departure?

What pick?

Or

What WA players out there that we could trade for?

** yes he's still a chance to stay and we don't work in hypotheticals.. but fck it, I'm on a mine site and I'm bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming it is a Carlton or one of those who may have a better first pick (St Kilda will have two first rounds?) then I would go for a first round pick swap. That is pick range 9-11 and Balic for a pick range 4-6. Could also do third round swaps as well to balance depending on how low the pick is.

Why? Because if the reason we fell short last challenge was that we didn't have enough top end picks (which has been raised before by the club) then we should take the opportunity. We did it the other way last year so don't see why we couldn't again.

Additionally the top 5 (that I perceive) this year are all very strong prospects who not just athletes that can play anywhere and at any height but are strongly footballers (with good records) and players that demand the ball.

Can someone explain the scenario for me. If a player is out of contract do we actually get something for them? Can't they just go into the pre season draft? I understand if they do then they may not end up where they want to go but if they have left a club to go back to their home state it's unlikely a club from another state would bother.

Can someone explain the scenario for me. If a player is out of contract do we actually get something for them? Can't they just go into the pre season draft? I understand if they do then they may not end up where they want to go but if they have left a club to go back to their home state it's unlikely a club from another state would bother.
Players are reluctant to enter the PSD as it's a massive * you to their former club.

if homesickness is true then piss off back to mummy's apron string's sooky lala soft utensil
and have a good think about what being a grown up is all about before you nominate for the draft
give jeff white a call and catch up for coffee so you can catch up and compare notes on how nice it is to be able to have mum come around and pick up after you

play him at peel reserves for the rest of the year

if homesickness is true then piss off back to mummy's apron string's sooky lala soft utensil
and have a good think about what being a grown up is all about before you nominate for the draft
give jeff white a call and catch up for coffee so you can catch up and compare notes on how nice it is to be able to have mum come around and pick up after you

Nice one dickhead

This is the exact sort of post which is embarassing to read from my view.

Homesickness isn't just about mum, dad and immediate family. It's everything you bellend.

Some are better equipped than others due to all sort of circumstances.

Being a grown up isn't about suppressing feelings. It's about recognising what is wrong and dealing with it. IF it's homesickness, he's obviously been MAN enough to let the club know and the club has also been UNDERSTANDING enough to grant him leave without question.

Your post is embarrassing.

You show the sort of empathy that would hear you make comments like 'Just harden up' should anyone come to you with mental health issues, like it's a switch and they can do just that.

Personally, I think your post is a joke and you need to... in the words of a great man... 'reboot'.

I really really really doubt that a 19 year old second year mid is going to request a trade cos he hasn't locked down a spot in the 22 yet lol

Why would he need to call Jeff white when he can have a chat to cam next time he's at training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back