2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the 'streaks' round.

A number of games this round feature teams with long winning / losing streaks v their round rivals.

Geelong are now 11-0 v Western Bulldogs (15-1 over the past decade).
North are 15-0 v Melbourne over the past decade (longest active streak in AFL).
Hawthorn are 9-0 v Collingwood (all since Buckley took over).
Sydney are 6-0 v St Kilda.
Adelaide are 5-0 v Brisbane.

All the 'winning' teams are underdogs this week bar Adelaide.
What's our winning streak against the Lions? We've been beating them ever since the "Son Son left foot banana in the last minute win" against them in 2009 ( I think?).

Anyone else think the Bont is just a tad slow and lumbering. For all the plaudits he gets he just doesn't seem to be damaging enough. I know he could be having an off year but by golly sometimes you think you're watching a slow motion replay.

I know he kicked a bag tonight but I am glad we missed out on Taylor. This game aside, what he has shown this year and last seems to indicate the game is passing him by very quickly. I don't think we would have got value for him.

As good as Menegola has been for the Cats, I just don't know who we would drop for him if he was still with us. As an ex-docker, I am glad he is playing regular footy and not playing in the 2s for us.

The AFLPA are pushing for greater player mobility through free agency. One of the unintended side effects has been an increasing tendency for players wanting to move before they qualify for FA and nominating their preferred club in the process

The players can do this because they have the safety net of not having to go anywhere they don't agree to

One of the solutions to players looking to leave, particularly early in their career like Schache, is to enable clubs to trade players to the club that offers the better trade provided the contract value is equivalent to the players preferred destination

I think we are saying the same thing Keys in different ways. There is an argument about homesickness for some. But if two are offering the same $ for the player in and it is their home state they are getting to how can they still also demand a particular club? Pendulum has swung too far for player mobility when it comes to initial draftees coming out of contract.

What's our winning streak against the Lions? We've been beating them ever since the "Son Son left foot banana in the last minute win" against them in 2009 ( I think?).

Anyone else think the Bont is just a tad slow and lumbering. For all the plaudits he gets he just doesn't seem to be damaging enough. I know he could be having an off year but by golly sometimes you think you're watching a slow motion replay.

I know he kicked a bag tonight but I am glad we missed out on Taylor. This game aside, what he has shown this year and last seems to indicate the game is passing him by very quickly. I don't think we would have got value for him.

As good as Menegola has been for the Cats, I just don't know who we would drop for him if he was still with us. As an ex-docker, I am glad he is playing regular footy and not playing in the 2s for us.
We're 9-0 v Brisbane (rd 10, 2010 - present). Equals our club best (9 v Carlton. Rd 10, 2002 - rd 13, 2007). That Walters goal was rd 1, 2011, 2 minutes 21 seconds from the end.

4-0 v Essendon and 2-0 v Western Bulldogs are our only other current winning streaks greater than one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bontempelli is the Bulldogs midfielder under the most scrutiny from the opposition teams and is probably feeling the weight of expectation from the fans and media. The rest of the team are not really performing that well. He benefits from their speed with the ball and they benefit from his size and skills. The whole team is less damaging than last year.
Yeah definitely seems like it was a lucky miss. What year was he up for trade? If he came over for the 2014 season could have been a good asset for the finals. Otherwise outside Freo's age profile now.

We're 9-0 v Brisbane (rd 10, 2010 - present). Equals our club best (9 v Carlton. Rd 10, 2002 - rd 13, 2007). That Walters goal was rd 1, 2011, 2 minutes 21 seconds from the end.

4-0 v Essendon and 2-0 v Western Bulldogs are our only other current winning streaks greater than one.

Hey hey, I think I just got ideas for a new dance move.

Look out all you lovely ladies at Pinnochios and Rumours nightclubs...

Decent player but his disposal can be a bit ordinary.

Cleveland 88
Boston 44

And only halfway through the 3rd. Just get on with the finals already..
Absolute blowout in game 2. Cleveland and Golden State have not dropped a game in the playoffs yet.

I've tipped the Saints. Swans have only beat Brissy and North. Looking at their 22 they look back to almost full strength. Hard to pick where they're at.

Saints look alright, looked great against GWS but struggled last week against Carlton. It's their home game but still not convinced they have a top team.

Hard game to pick.

Is there a good photo of Basil?

9db6f3c809998bc7f01caf3e4405a028.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back