Game Day Round 9 2017 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - 7.25pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score doesn't matter as long as someone punches Jamie Elliot in the face, I don't even care if it's a Collingwood player who does it.

Hope big Ty, Brand, Doc and Swiss all have successful returns to the side.

Would also love Burton and Hardwick to continue to develop.

Big night for Gibbo. Re-watched the Lions game last night and he looked to be regaining his timing on the spoils and had a better impact on the contest. Need him to stand up along with Hodge down back.

Reckon we need one of Gunston, Roughie or Bruest to kick 3-4 for us to win.

Not confident but will not be surprised by a win.

The following is an important message to the playing list of the Collingwood football club.

This is your chance. After waiting paitently for 4+ years this is the golden opportunity you have longed for. It has finally arrived and all you have to do is take it.

Tonight you can end the dynasty for good.

All you have to do,is serve up one more sub standard game and the rule of Nathan, will be all but over.

If you do not, the blackness will linger still.

Your future hopes and dreams are right there, so close you can smell it.

Now take it........TAKE IT!

Last edited:
It's okay guys - we are only missing Cyril, birchall, frawley, Stratton, ceglar and omeara from our best 22. We are basically against full strength.

I know collingwood win every off season and have the most amazingly brilliant midfield that could ever be imagined (forget voss, black, lappin, akermanis or ablett, bartell, selwood, or the midfields of the top 8 teams so far this year) - the pies have a midfield led by the evergreen Scott Pendlebury and the 'qualified butchers by trade' treloar, adams and greenwood.

Collingwood have managed to distance themselves from malthouse, by kept his policy of including as many half forward flankers on the list as possible and pushing as many key position players to other clubs as possible. One day it just might work - it might even work tonight.

But I reckon we are in with a shot. Three in a row.

I too like many others, want our 22 lads who cross the white line each week to put in their full effort.
But let me say this there is a something called
Fit enough to play but not fit enough to play

Let's just think about it and cut a little slack to one or two warriors that may fall into this category

I too like many others, want our 22 lads who cross the white line each week to put in their full effort.
But let me say this there is a something called
Fit enough to play but not fit enough to play

Let's just think about it and cut a little slack to one or two warriors that may fall into this category

I don't put any blame and i do give leeway to warriors like Gibbo, Hodge, Burger, Rough, Birchall etc... i also have been happy and impressed with Burton, Howe and Hardwick.
Highly dissapoint in our mid tier group + those experienced hands at BH like Duryea, Shoey, Vickery, and also the effort of Sicily. None of these blokes have an injury excuse and there efforts are poor. Not acceptable.

I don't put any blame and i do give leeway to warriors like Gibbo, Hodge, Burger, Rough, Birchall etc... i also have been happy and impressed with Burton, Howe and Hardwick.
Highly dissapoint in our mid tier group + those experienced hands at BH like Duryea, Shoey, Vickery, and also the effort of Sicily. None of these blokes have an injury excuse and there efforts are poor. Not acceptable.

You watch a lot of Box Hill games?

I'm excited today, I like our team. The outs are a good thing for the simple fact that we get to see some prolonged exposure to guys like Brand and TV, hopefully see Cousins and Stewart (who reminds me off Wingard) come in as well over the next few weeks. If we can roll the Pies today with such significant outs and with Birch a chance to come back against the Swines and apparently Jags after the bye, we may be a sneaky chance to make some noise this year.

You watch a lot of Box Hill games?
He doesn't, in fact, watch any games. He spends far too much time whining about players he subjectively hates, on here to have andy time to actually watch them and see whether they play anything like his imagination. Worst poster on this entire site... for any team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible feeling about tonight. Just get the feeling the Pies will click (always seems to be the way against us).

Don't care too much though, the enjoyment this year is from seeing Roughy get back into form, and watching the youngsters develop into superstars.

Very happy we get to see Brand do his thing for the next 8-10 weeks. He's good enough to cement a spot, and he's now going to get a chance to do that.

Mitchell v Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Greenwood and Wells is going to be great viewing. He dominated the Melbourne midfield, every chance he'll do the same thing to these guys.

I have a bad feeling we're gonna get reamed. I think Brand is a long way off being a solid afl contributor, Vickery has only been so-so for box hill and T Mitchell just doesn't get enough support. Yes, our forward line is still potent and big boy has been outstanding of late but the pies' mosquito fleet on a fast track doesn't bode well.
Add the Lou Richards tribute and I think they'll come out breathing fire.
Pies by 35 :(

Edit: still going though!

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling we're gonna get reamed. I think Brand is a long way off being a solid afl contributor, Vickery has only been so-so for box hill and T Mitchell just doesn't get enough support. Yes, our forward line is still potent and big boy has been outstanding of late but the pies' mosquito fleet on a fast track doesn't bode well.
Yep. I feel a bit like this. But then I swing over to thinking that heaps of players are (a) finding form or (b) need to prove something

Quietly confident we can win this. It's hard to know which Hawthorn will show up this year but apart from the St Kilda game we've been pretty good the last few weeks. We're certainly missing some experience but I don't know if Collingwood are going to be able to take advantage of that. If the guys stay focused and stick to doing their roles then we should be able to win.

Edit: still going though!

Vickery is a big game player though so we can't go off BH form. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back