Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually pause/play Foxtel for 2 seconds until it syncs up with the wireless.
Just re read this and had a rethink about this. If analogue radio is 2 seconds ahead of digital TV, then how does hitting pause/play catch up? Wouldn't it then make it 4 seconds out of sync as digital TV is always behind the analogue radio? And IIRC correctly when Fox Footy is the host broadcaster, they are about 1 second ahead of the images shown on Ch 7, who relay the game into SA free TV market.

Gotta love Dangerfield tearing games apart whilst our rivals are struggling in the midfield. They could really do with him right now.

Can Timmy say 'Boy oh Boy'
I'm sure he can :). But unlike the bell ends on 7, he can tell the difference between Jake Neade and Paddy Ryder, and the man worships our great club. I'd sooner put up with a 2 second delay between radio and TV, than endure the anti Port bias on the idiot box!!!!

it's not a great Geelong team. There are a lot of holes that we could exploit.
Agree - this Geelong team wont back up that type of performance. I'm predicting the Cats will bring that type of intensity for 1.5 quarters and then run out of steam... Ports to run over the top!!!
Nullify Paddy around the packs = certain win.

Geelong were slotting them from everywhere. I think they kicked their first 7 goals without missing one - some from tight angles and some from outside 50. Can't see that happening two weeks in a row.

We need to make the most of our inside 50s and put on some scoreboard pressure. I don't want a repeat of the West Coast game.

Just re read this and had a rethink about this. If analogue radio is 2 seconds ahead of digital TV, then how does hitting pause/play catch up? Wouldn't it then make it 4 seconds out of sync as digital TV is always behind the analogue radio? And IIRC correctly when Fox Footy is the host broadcaster, they are about 1 second ahead of the images shown on Ch 7, who relay the game into SA free TV market.

Yeah you're right mate, I meant fast fwd 2 seconds, it can work....

Geelong were slotting them from everywhere. I think they kicked their first 7 goals without missing one - some from tight angles and some from outside 50. Can't see that happening two weeks in a row.
We need to make the most of our inside 50s and put on some scoreboard pressure. I don't want a repeat of the West Coast game.

They kicked 12.0 from set shots. While I would only say 1 of the set shots, Harry Taylor from a tight angle outside 50 was really difficult, apart from a few the others Geelong had weren't lay-downs. Geelong could have had 9.3 or 8.4 from set-shots and given the Bulldogs a chance. Dangerfield's goal from the pocket was one of those things and you can't plan for it but you can do something about set-shots. Goalkicking practice just doesn't seem to have enough importance attached to it which when you're talking about the difference between six points and one point seems baffling.

All the more reason to trial Frampton in the middle, which would allow Ryder to spend more time forward. We won't know whether it'll work or not unless we give it a try.

?

Move an A grade tap ruckman up forward , where he is a c grade forward , while we play the untried ruck who is good around the ground but average at sanfl level in the ruck , in the ruck ? o_O

Might as well drive the Ferrari on the farm and a tractor on a racetrack. Same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?

Move an A grade tap ruckman up forward , where he is a c grade forward , while we play the untried ruck who is good around the ground but average at sanfl level in the ruck , in the ruck ? o_O

Might as well drive the Ferrari on the farm and a tractor on a racetrack. Same thing.

Ryder is hardly a C-grade forward. There aren't many ruckman that can play as well as he does in the forward 50.

Yeah you're right mate, I meant fast fwd 2 seconds, it can work....
But you can't fast forward ahead of the broadcast. You can only fast forward if you have paused the broadcast.

Rucci has a go at the Crows' eSports move in his Reality Bites section of today's The Advertiser.

"There was a time when football clubs were all about getting children away from computer screens and into the fresh air to take part in activities on a social and competitive basis. They encouraged children to avoid being “loners” in dark rooms and to build relationships with other children. They created pathways to real achievements in real sports and real activities.

Now it is about a fantasy world (troubled with obese children who cannot communicate face-to-face). And, as AFL clubs make moral decisions to not be involved in gambling activities regardless of the financial gains, it is surprising the Crows would go down this path - for commercial benefits.

Times have changed ... not all for the better." -
Rucci, M, 2017. Reality Bites. The Advertiser, 20 May 2017. 74.

Jeez you'd think Saint Kilda should be winning from the stats. Just making horrible turnovers and fumbling the ball way too much in defense.

As a sidenote I've seen about 4 or 5 throws from Swans players. Don't really understand why they are letting them go so often lately.

Rucci has a go at the Crows' eSports move in his Reality Bites section of today's The Advertiser.

"There was a time when football clubs were all about getting children away from computer screens and into the fresh air to take part in activities on a social and competitive basis. They encouraged children to avoid being “loners” in dark rooms and to build relationships with other children. They created pathways to real achievements in real sports and real activities.

Now it is about a fantasy world (troubled with obese children who cannot communicate face-to-face). And, as AFL clubs make moral decisions to not be involved in gambling activities regardless of the financial gains, it is surprising the Crows would go down this path - for commercial benefits.

Times have changed ... not all for the better." -
Rucci, M, 2017. Reality Bites. The Advertiser, 20 May 2017. 74.
Nothing wrong with games lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back