Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Clavarino had any duels against the better forwards so far this year?

I really liked his game from what i saw of him as an underager last year. He had the trait i liked for key/general backs, and that is that he looked liked he owned his areas and the forwards he was pitted against in them.

I see you have him as your first picked defender at 16. If he carries his form through this year i reckon he could be a Top 10 smokey as a pillar key back.

I see you have Ling in your top 30 now, I really like his speed and dare and he is so clean aswell I remember his game against Eastern he was picking up the ball without breaking stride.

Have always rated him as a 2nd round prospect - had some moments against Oakleigh which really made me take note. Saw him a few times last year too and had some moments again - love the dash and his agility & step is through the roof. Interesting that his speed is 3.1s over 20m - but similar to McGrath last year who didn't run sub 3s in 20m.

One that I reckon could jump a bit higher with a good patch in the middle of the season & throughout TAC Cup finals.

Has Clavarino had any duels against the better forwards so far this year?

I really liked his game from what i saw of him as an underager last year. He had the trait i liked for key/general backs, and that is that he looked liked he owned his areas and the forwards he was pitted against in them.

I see you have him as your first picked defender at 16. If he carries his form through this year i reckon he could be a Top 10 smokey as a pillar key back.

Was absolutely smashed in the VFL game against the Northern Blues as he wasn't strong enough. Have seen a few of his school games for Haileybury this year and he's hardly breaking a sweat as he's been able to intercept without any difficulty across half back, due to the schools he's played in the first three rounds (and will be again this weekend) lacking a tall forward option.

Last year was outstanding in the Under 18 Championships, reads it well and is good one-on-one, but put him on a stronger opponent he can struggle. He's generally better with the taller/skinnier prospects, rather than the big and strong ones. (But that is due to his size at the moment)

Hi mate, just wondering who in your opinion are the standout players from wa this year and roughly what range they would be going in

Hi mate, just wondering who in your opinion are the standout players from wa this year and roughly what range they would be going in

Likely to be only 3-4 prospects from WA this season.

Oscar Allen - Utility: I have him ranked in the 2nd-3rd round, but I need to see more through the Under 18 Champs to give you a definitive answer

Aaron Naughton - Key Position Defender: I have him ranked in the 3rd round - His awkward kicking style lets him down at times.

Jake Patmore - Outside Midfielder: I have him ranked in the 3rd round - Good speed and finds the ball in the U18 Colts, but needs to play better against better opponents.

Sam Taylor - Key Position Defender: Rookie-Undrafted - I like Taylor and he impressed me in the AFL Academy games. His size probably counts a bit against him but I like him a little bit more than a few others at this stage.

Am I right in thinking Ling is eligible as a Geelong father/son?

What are your thoughts on Paddy Dow? hasn't played much TAC but has been playing very well in APS

What are your thoughts on Paddy Dow? hasn't played much TAC but has been playing very well in APS

He's been really good in the APS comp. Dominated v St Kevins, was solid on the weekend through the midfield. He's pushing forward which was good.

He played a really good AFL Academy game against the Northern Blues with 12 disposals, 4 inside 50s and 2 clearances - At the moment I reckon he could go in the first round.

are Max and Ben King looking set for first round next year? any word on the cumming brothers also for next year, at stingrays, both are also huge boys, but i havent heard much about them. a mate who knows them says they are amazing, yet i cant see any info on them playing

are Max and Ben King looking set for first round next year? any word on the cumming brothers also for next year, at stingrays, both are also huge boys, but i havent heard much about them. a mate who knows them says they are amazing, yet i cant see any info on them playing

I'd say it's very unlikely that Max and Ben King aren't Top 10 draftees next year. Max as a KPF should contend for the number one selection alongside Jack Lukosius, while Ben the KPD will probably be a 5-10 selection for me at this stage.

Don't know enough about Matthew or Stephen Cumming to comment. Both are about 198cm/95kgs - but I didn't see Dandenong in the U16s last year. Both are playing at Rosebud this season and both are Padua College lads. They are also Vic Country U18 basketballers so I'd suggest there may be a battle between the two sports at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been really good in the APS comp. Dominated v St Kevins, was solid on the weekend through the midfield. He's pushing forward which was good.

He played a really good AFL Academy game against the Northern Blues with 12 disposals, 4 inside 50s and 2 clearances - At the moment I reckon he could go in the first round.
Kicked 7 today in GGS first win for the year today playing mostly forward

Hey, just wondering the height and weight of will sutherland. Seems a good prospect (hopefully) for afl. But i cannot find a height and weight.

Believe he's about 194cm/88 kgs - but will need the official H/W to confirm as I'm only going off what I've been told.

What are your thoughts on who will be pick 1 at the moment can you see the Lions drafting Brander who is a key forward but the Lions have Bellenden from the Academy so probably no real need Darcy Fogerty from Adelaide but South Australians have never been very loyal especially to the Lions so clubs could well end up getting 2 quality players on who ever comes 2nd and 3rd

What are your thoughts on who will be pick 1 at the moment can you see the Lions drafting Brander who is a key forward but the Lions have Bellenden from the Academy so probably no real need Darcy Fogerty from Adelaide but South Australians have never been very loyal especially to the Lions so clubs could well end up getting 2 quality players on who ever comes 2nd and 3rd

I reckon Brander is almost a better KPD - was outstanding there at times in 2016. I reckon he'll play there for the Allies in the Under 18 Championships. I don't think Ballenden's coming to the Lions will affect their decision making too much, not if they rate Brander as the best player. Next year is looking to be a far better for Key Position talls too.

Brander is still #1, while Luke Davies-Uniacke an inside midfielder isn't far behind for me.

The issue for Fogarty is where he best plays? Some view him as a third tall at the next level, some think he'll be a long term inside midfielder. Is another who has done some good things in defence. Where he plays at Champs might dictate a few things - I don't think he'll be the number one pick at this stage as if you look at him from a pure midfield point of view - Davies-Uniacke has been far better this season and overall.

Bishop how are we, has anyone fallen / risen from the top5 of is it to early to tell?

Good. At this stage I don't think anyone has fallen/risen, names like Luke Davies-Uniacke and Adam Cerra have always been in that top 5 consideration. A player like Connor Ballenden has slipped a bit down to the lower ends of the Top 10 - but he's a BL Academy selection.

Good. At this stage I don't think anyone has fallen/risen, names like Luke Davies-Uniacke and Adam Cerra have always been in that top 5 consideration. A player like Connor Ballenden has slipped a bit down to the lower ends of the Top 10 - but he's a BL Academy selection.

LDU almost sounds like the perfect prospect for Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back