NEAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

And Billy ,, you are not second last ,,, you are in 5th position !!!!!
Now that sounds better hey ,,, lol
Message from Ketchikan in south west Alaska..
And it sounds a whole lot better than LAST..! One more week Stuyd1 then the gun tipster returns to do a Steven Bradbury to you flat track showponies.

My Tips for Round 7:

Aspley:

Swans:

Sydney Uni:

Brisbane Lions:

NT Thunder:

Do we get an extra point if we get them all right, IE picking all the winners before the teams are posted?? Not that that has happened for me this year!!!!!

tips rd 7
Aspley
Swans
Uni
NT
Lions

ps why would NEAFL rep squad include Jack Anthony? ex AFL, played only 2 games this year.....good player but isn't there someone else we could give a go?
in fact, why not just an U 25 squad?

The tipping king is back in town.
Thanks to Stuyd1 for keeping the wheels turning for the last few weeks.

ROUND 8
Sydney Uni v Swans
Southport v Thunder
Redland v Canberra
Giants v Brisbane
PS - THE ROUND STARTS ON FRIDAY NIGHT SO GET THOSE TIPS IN EARLY

My tips:-
Sydney Uni
NT Thunder
Redland
Giants

Welcome back Justabaraker how was the Holiday? Well done Stuyd 1, you kept the No 1 (in the Land) NEAFL Tipping Comp well oiled and well run. I am looking for a change of fortune for the next few weeks, so early tipping for me, with only form and no team lists or changes to further confuse me. Lets see if I can turn it around and get off second last or 5th!!!!!! on the ladder.

At this stage, Wednesday am that is, it looks like the Dees will be without their FF and CHB for the Redlands game.ie Josh Bennet and Jack Baker. Both have knee issues unfortunately. Add to that the GWS have asked for (and will get!) their academy boys because their reserves are weakened by injury!!!!
I've said it before but I really think its unfair on community clubs who are playing IN THE SAME COMPETITION to have to give their better players to the opposition, particularly an AFL club.
In short....Redland for me.

At this stage, Wednesday am that is, it looks like the Dees will be without their FF and CHB for the Redlands game.ie Josh Bennet and Jack Baker. Both have knee issues unfortunately. Add to that the GWS have asked for (and will get!) their academy boys because their reserves are weakened by injury!!!!
I've said it before but I really think its unfair on community clubs who are playing IN THE SAME COMPETITION to have to give their better players to the opposition, particularly an AFL club.
I've said it before too, but we must accept that our community clubs are just witches hats for the betterment of the 4 AFL teams.
Sad but unfortunately true

Ally Craft,
Add to that above the travel, which takes a bit out of the team as well + a really wet weather forecast here in Bris Vegas this weekend + Redland on a high having taken the Lions as their first scalp last week. I hope the young and fleeting Dee's stand up and have a crack this week, as they are now my No 2 side in the Comp - with a bullet to be a very much improved side in the future. But based on all of the above - its with a heavy heart, Redland for me as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips rd8
Uni
Thunder
Lions
Redlands

ps shattered for Jack Baker....ankle reco 2 years ago now ACL.....guess thats footy but f@#$ me!

Uni
Thunder
Lions
Redlands
I hate it when this happens, but, PeaNut, you didn't get your tips in by the first bounce, so you get the AWAY team in last night's match...

"Folks, time to show your skills - it's time to start the NEAFL 2017 footy tipping comp.
No rules really, except that your tips must be in by the bounce of the ball.
No prizes either really, other than bragging rights.
Anyone can enter.
If you miss a week then you get the away team.
Miss two weeks in a row then you're out, unless you ask nicely for a reprieve.
If you want to discuss varying these rules, or adding more, then I'm happy to engage. But let's agree on the rules early before the season starts."

But perhaps you won't be arguing as things have turned out ....

Poor old Sydney Uni was never going to do any good against the Swans with 18 AFL-listed players. Seems a bit unfair doesn't it.
I hate it when this happens, but, PeaNut, you didn't get your tips in by the first bounce, so you get the AWAY team in last night's match...

"Folks, time to show your skills - it's time to start the NEAFL 2017 footy tipping comp.
Anyone can enter.
If you want to discuss varying these rules, or adding more, then I'm happy to engage. But let's agree on the rules early before the season starts."

its a bonus for Peanut. lol

Tipping ladder after Round 8

GRIMLOCK......................(x)4.....27
ALLYCRAFT......................2.........26
STUYD............................3.........26
PEANUT..........................3.........24
BILLYBUNTER.................1..........21
JUSTABARAKER..............2..........19

Grim was the only perfect tipster this week and he didn't even submit an entry.....hate that !!

Tipping ladder after Round 8

GRIMLOCK......................(x)4.....27
ALLYCRAFT......................2.........26
STUYD............................3.........26
PEANUT..........................3.........24
BILLYBUNTER.................1..........21
JUSTABARAKER..............2..........19

Grim was the only perfect tipster this week and he didn't even submit an entry.....hate that !!

Sorry, but thats a joke ... I mean well, but the rules need amending JAB......
Firstly, Peanut is penalised for putting his tips in late , gets the away team that won .. so he wins .
Now Grimlock, didnt submit tips, gets the away teams and tips more then all of us ,,,
In Peanuts case ,,, he should of been given a no tip in the friday game , and in Grimlocks case,, well as for any tipper, no tips no points!!!

Anyone can enter.

Fellow Tipsters,
This rule above is like the deliberate out of bounds rule are you serious WTF!!!!!! 1 x 3/4's of a game is late - but 25 minutes is a mistake or even a malfunction but surely no way misleading (that is even if the game started on time) if I was Peanut well - I will leave it there - In hindsight those that tipped Hawthorn, Brisbane and The Lions today at Qrt time due to their first Qrt performances ended up loosing!!!!!!! Like it is not as if we are playing for sheep stations here!!!!!! Its not as if we have people on a waiting list, champing at the bit to get on our humble little tipping comp, its really just about a very few fans (from different Australian States) wanting to be involved in a semi nationalfooty tipping comp, talking too and putting a little brass on each other, you may note that my team did not even play this week ????? I also put my tips in 4 days early for what reward or even penalty? - But now the rules of the competition (because someone might get an unfair advantage) make it to serious to participate in " * this sounds like an other one of those best practice AFL initiatives" I now say - have fun you of who that are left because I am now out, to he or her that win this comp - Please don't spend the winnings all at once, please take your time as it would not be fair to all of the other players who have spent a fortune to participate!!!!!!!

Tell ya this for free...if it wasn't for the cream that I am able to skim off the top of this tipping comp, then I would be out too. The rules suck I reckon.
You two sooks are welcome back if you want...no hard feelings. But I would double the cost to you of putting weekly tips in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back