Did Richmond make a mistake drafting (trading for) Dion Prestia?

Prestia a slow midget with terrible disposal. I guess he is still slightly better than Caddy.

Wasnt it a few weeks ago that the Tiger supporters wete lauding these two?

Two key players in the worst 5-0 team ever, which is now being proven

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Trading in Caddy and Prestia was a short term fix to leapfrog back into top 8 contention, which is understandable given the angry mob would be coming for Hardwick if Richmond miss the finals. I personally don't believe this Richmond list will win a grand final, kind of like North Melbourne's in previous years. If that is the case than it was a mistake not to go through the draft and try to manufacture 4 top end picks. I mean does anyone consider Rich contenders?

Typical Richmond topping up for mediocrity.

This list wont win a final, let alone a grand final

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Read through the thread, Im not getting defensive just rebutting the trol
Caddy at #24 is hardly a 'Bigger mistake' and the comments are just trolling richmond so i went back a few years to highlight trades his club made

How is the caddy trade relevant in the prestia thread ?

Sure, you went back to a previous recruiting team to show what? That Carlton in 2014 drafted and traded poorly? Well done. That's true. But it was no impact on the question at hand, does it?

It's hardly trolling to say in a thread "did richmond make a mistake drafting Dion Prestia?" that you think they did, and that the connected trade (his good mate, remember) was also a mistake.

You're coming across as very precious given the subject of the thread.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
lol very premature thread i would think, The kid has come off knee injury and has had a limited pre season and is probably feeling it about now, I will hold off making a call on prestia untill next year, You dont lose talent that he showed at GC when he was v.captain and ablett went down - Kid was dominating whilst being tagged as a 21 yo.

He's had knee problems for a couple of years now though. Are they gonna go away or get worse?

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Prestia a slow midget with terrible disposal. I guess he is still slightly better than Caddy.

Wasnt it a few weeks ago that the Tiger supporters wete lauding these two?

Two key players in the worst 5-0 team ever, which is now being proven

Bit harsh on 2000 Collingwood, who were 5-0 and ended up finishing 2nd last.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
This thread is ridiculous and a few people will be made to look stupid next year.
People keep saying wait until next year. He's suddenly going to get a new leg next year? From what I've seen of him so far he isn't even b grade let alone worth what we paid for him.

Nov 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea, Melbourne City, OKC
People keep saying wait until next year. He's suddenly going to get a new leg next year? From what I've seen of him so far he isn't even b grade let alone worth what we paid for him.
A pre season can make a huge influence on a midfielder.

If he was fit at the start of pre season, does he have the body to actually get through one unscathed?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Sure, you went back to a previous recruiting team to show what? That Carlton in 2014 drafted and traded poorly? Well done. That's true. But it was no impact on the question at hand, does it?

It's hardly trolling to say in a thread "did richmond make a mistake drafting Dion Prestia?" that you think they did, and that the connected trade (his good mate, remember) was also a mistake.

You're coming across as very precious given the subject of the thread.
Not at all 2014 and 2016 is not really the past, If you consider that the past then where is the cut off line or which comparisons are valid

maybe we should compare the Prestia to the JOM trade ? The point is that its a very silly question 8 games into a season where the player is coming off a knee injury with very little pre season. But a carlton supporter trolling that gets smashed back in his box is always fun to look at and now he has a defence lawyer with you trying to justify his argument.

How is BB and Jacksh going anyway - Great return for #7 Thats schould be a good comparison due to same #7 being used

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Not at all 2014 and 2016 is not really the past, If you consider that the past then where is the cut off line or which comparisons are valid

maybe we should compare the Prestia to the JOM trade ? The point is that its a very silly question 8 games into a season where the player is coming off a knee injury with very little pre season. But a carlton supporter trolling that gets smashed back in his box is always fun to look at and now he has a defence lawyer with you trying to justify his argument.

How is BB and Jacksh going anyway - Great return for #7 Thats schould be a good comparison due to same #7 being used

A previous administration is usually a good place to draw the line. Our previous one made plenty of mistakes. Do you really want to play a silly game of going back over trading and drafting histories? Trolling would be talking about the RFC forward line of Franklin, Pavlich and Franklin. If you do want to talk about previous rebuilds then ours stack up well compared to yours, your September record comes into focus. If a Carlton poster wanted to troll a RFC supporter, there are plenty of places he/she could have gone, and did not.

The thread is about Prestia. Prestia encouraged Caddy to join him. You can certainly argue that it's too early to judge but your hyper-sensitivity might suggest you are struggling with this trade.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
A previous administration is usually a good place to draw the line. Our previous one made plenty of mistakes. Do you really want to play a silly game of going back over trading and drafting histories? Trolling would be talking about the RFC forward line of Franklin, Pavlich and Franklin. If you do want to talk about previous rebuilds then ours stack up well compared to yours, your September record comes into focus. If a Carlton poster wanted to troll a RFC supporter, there are plenty of places he/she could have gone, and did not.

The thread is about Prestia. Prestia encouraged Caddy to join him. You can certainly argue that it's too early to judge but your hyper-sensitivity might suggest you are struggling with this trade.
lol your so funny, 'Previous administration you say ? Nice way to suit your agenda

Fact is that Carlton is Carlton and their recruiting in the past and not even just the previous administration has been deplorable and there is currently nothing that i have seen thats improved apart from the GWS retreads that have made you slightly more competative

you cant just pick and choose when to draw the line , If thats the case then we no longer have Francis Jackson who was finished up by the club last year and he is part of the old administration with 5 new coaches and new recruiting staff starting this year

Fact is your past trading / drafting is still part of your club and is open to criticism

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
The question now is, is it physically possible for him to get back to being the player he was in 2014/early 2015? It's looking doubtful, but time will tell I suppose.

As an aside, it seems like the physical preparation and injury management of the Gold Coast Suns has been nothing short of deplorable. It's not necessarily their fault that players get injured, but there's a number of players who've played there whose injuries have turned into ruinous ongoing sagas and continued to be debilitating for a long period after (Prestia, Gary Ablett, Jaeger O'Meara, Harley Bennell, David Swallow, etc.)

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
lol your so funny, 'Previous administration you say ? Nice way to suit your agenda

Fact is that Carlton is Carlton and their recruiting in the past and not even just the previous administration has been deplorable and there is currently nothing that i have seen thats improved apart from the GWS retreads that have made you slightly more competative

you cant just pick and choose when to draw the line , If thats the case then we no longer have Francis Jackson who was finished up by the club last year and he is part of the old administration with 5 new coaches and new recruiting staff starting this year

Fact is your past trading / drafting is still part of your club and is open to criticism

Silly game for RFC posters to play.

It makes huge sense to assess current list management teams versus each other. On this basis we're ahead.

Our previous rebuild still saw us win a couple of finals. On this basis we're ahead.

Want to go back further, 100 plus years? On this basis we're ahead.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Typical Richmond topping up for mediocrity.

This list wont win a final, let alone a grand final

Let's put the last few weeks into perspective. Yes Richmond lost like only Richmond can, but for 1 minute the Tigers lead GWS all day. They caught Freo and but for a poor final 20 seconds would have had the win and they lost by less than a kick to the Bulldogs. Sure they got hammered by Adelaide, but for 1 minute and 20 seconds of poor play, Richmond would be on top of the ladder.

The list isnt that bad apart from missing a KPF.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Silly game for RFC posters to play.

It makes huge sense to assess current list management teams versus each other. On this basis we're ahead.

Our previous rebuild still saw us win a couple of finals. On this basis we're ahead.

Want to go back further, 100 plus years? On this basis we're ahead.
You mention rebuild , perhaps you might want to check exactly where both teams are at atm

carlton's average age is 23.9 years
Richmond is 24.0

Both teams are very much at a similar stage and with this years delistings of Maric,Hampson,Morris the chances are that the age is probably same

what rebuild are you talking about lol and how are Carlton ahead.

Your club is the worst performed this century and i don't see how you can continue to rebuild by just bringing in GWS retreads to fill roles
it will make you more competitive but wont guarantee any quality

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You mention rebuild , perhaps you might want to check exactly where both teams are at atm

carlton's average age is 23.9 years
Richmond is 24.0

Both teams are very much at a similar stage and with this years delistings of Maric,Hampson,Morris the chances are that the age is probably same

what rebuild are you talking about lol and how are Carlton ahead.

Your club is the worst performed this century and i don't see how you can continue to rebuild by just bringing in GWS retreads to fill roles
it will make you more competitive but wont guarantee any quality

Doesn't matter what your measure, we're ahead. RFC are not winning a premiership with this list. You are 2 years off a complete ground up rebuild. You do have a young team, but they're no good.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Doesn't matter what your measure, we're ahead. RFC are not winning a premiership with this list. You are 2 years off a complete ground up rebuild. You do have a young team, but they're no good.
What a stupid comment , How old are you

"doesnt matter whats your measure we're ahead"
You have an extremely shallow list with a sprinkling of young players and your crap team is on the bottom of the ladder ?

I have been hearing about your rebuild since this century has began but all carlton seem to do is accumulate spoons and #1 draft picks you have 4 #1 draft picks running around with 3 either at the end or nearing the end - Thats how crap your team is

Carlton is just a crap side and will always be amongst teams competing for spoons

Get back to me when you have a proper argument as this line of posting is extremely boring

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Old enough to remember that if you want to compare rebuilds you've been going 15 years longer.

Anyway, back to the topic: pick 6 was overs for Prestia and Caddy is not an impressive player.

Back