If they weren't playing for Freo...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightrain

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have this morbid re-occurring thought that comes up every now and then, usually around trade period, where I ask myself if Docker player X wasn't playing for us who would I most likely see him playing for.

For instance, I could always see Broughton in Hawks colours. I am not sure why but that reliable defender trait he had seemed to match well with the Hawthorn defence at the time. I could easily picture Broughton in brown and yellow.

Nick Suban - Carlton. That type of player who offers a lot on paper and has the odd game of brilliance was/is in line with the Carlton list.

David Mundy - Geelong. I won't allow myself to analyse this but they're the other colours I can see him wearing. Maybe because he's from that area, I think. (God I feel dirty).

Darcy Tucker - North Melbourne. Not sure what it is. The hair, the build?... He just looks like their prototype player of late.

Barlow - Essendon. Quick by hand, not so quick by foot and still a bloody good player, seemed to fit Watson's description.

Walters - Essendon. Cheeky goal sneak in the mould of Che Cockatoo Collins

Hannath - Richmond

Anyone else have similar visions or am I the only one that needs to check in to a clinic?

Broughton played in colours similar to the Hawks with Subiaco and won 3(?) premierships there before coming to Freo, maybe you have a memory tucked away somewhere about that.

Broughton played in colours similar to the Hawks with Subiaco and won 3(?) premierships there before coming to Freo, maybe you have a memory tucked away somewhere about that.
FMD! And we still drafted him? Someone needs to be shot, surely?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, just admitting another man is attractive doesn't necessarily make you a homosexual.
Think the disgust is from imagining our players playing for other teams. A thread pronouncing gay love (or not) for them would be orders of magnitude less confronting :)

Think the disgust is from imagining our players playing for other teams. A thread pronouncing gay love (or not) for them would be orders of magnitude less confronting :)
It was a metaphor but ok

I've always imagined Suban at Collingwood involving some kind of second round compensation. Ok you got me, maybe it was a 3rd rounder - my visions are a bit blurry.

I thought this was going to be an "If they weren't playing for Freo, how would player X be rated". E.g. Mundy would be talked about as one of the best users of the ball in the game, Sandilands as one of the best ever ruckman, Blakely as one of the next star generation of midfielders etc.

But this is, umm ... I don't know what the heck it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back