Discussion Round 10, 2017 (Indigenous Round): Photos and Discussion

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Uh i think the sponsor logos may have been photoshopped on not iron on. Look at the shorts real amateur effort.
If you zoom in you can see the blue logo box they've cropped for the shorts. Good pick up.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
The i30 logo is one colour, they could do waaay better than that with Photoshop!
I said it was an amateur effort looks like they've just changed the logos from a promotion shoot done early in the season.

Remember the Eagles effort when the design changed slightly from the one they had already done the promo photos for.

dylancox08

Senior List
May 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
IMG_2676.jpg

At their core, football clubs are about people.

And at the heart of the Western Bulldogs 2017 Indigenous Round Guernsey design are stories about past and recent histories, the lands and waters of the Boonwurrunng People, the original inhabitants of the land we now call Footscray and the power of leadership and inspiration.

But it’s also symbolic of the relationship between the jumper’s designer, Kylie Clarke, Club legend John Schultz and Kylie’s late father Peter, and a phone call Kylie made to the Club in early 2015.

When Peter, a lifelong Bulldogs supporter fell ill, she reached out to the Club to see if his favourite player, the 1961 Brownlow Medallist, might be available to visit him in his final days.

Those that know Schultz won’t be surprised about what happened next. Peter greeted the gentile former ruckman like they were old friends when he arrived at the family home.

“Johnny Schultz!”, he cried. And by the end of the afternoon, that’s what they were. The two men talked for hours about all things football, Bulldogs and life.

“It was a beautiful moment for Dad, Clarke told westernbulldogs.com.au, this week. "It was the greatest gift I could ever give him."

Back