Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the same feels as what happened in 2012. 2011 being a horror year, slow start to the year in 2012 than it turned into a pretty good year maybe 2018 we make the grand final and win than maybe?

If we can get the right combo of players together anything can happen. After last year's abomination we have a pretty good fixture for this year. If we're thereabouts, and with the bye before finals...who knows?

Anyone else get the same feels as what happened in 2012. 2011 being a horror year, slow start to the year in 2012 than it turned into a pretty good year maybe 2018 we make the grand final and win than maybe?
I was thinking the same thing and how it took the loss to Carlton at home to turn the season around. Then I looked at the fixture to see who we had for this week and went and had a cold shower.

I am just enjoying the ride this season. Finals is a bonus but think we'll just miss out.

I've watched the last 21 seconds of Sunday's game about 50 times now. Obviously, the vision of the ball leaving Mundy's boot and sailing through the goals will forever be etched. It was a great kick and awesome result but the thing that brought a tear to the eye was watching the Dockers fans behind the goals rise, then jump about and scream at the top of their lungs. It made me wish I was there. I have been to a lot of Dockers games, including almost all finals in our history bar one, but Sunday's game and the final in Geelong in '13 are 2 games I would give anything to be able to wind back the clock and be there. What it must have felt like for those at those games.

Last edited:

Hypothetically if Hill, Balla's , Balic and Bennell are all fit and ready to go after the bye and we are in the running for a finals berth [we should be 8 and 4 at the bye and only need to win 4 out of the last 10] :D who goes to make way .
You'd have to think the first few would be Sutcliffe & Pearce, given that they're 2 from the early rounds that managed to squeeze back in due to injuries. Ibbo would be looking over his shoulder too.

If Alex Pearce gets back to 100% fit by say round 15ish. He plays a game or 2 at Peel and gets through unscathed. He's a gun and Ross loves him so he'll be back in. Does this look good?

Nyhuis - A Pearce - Hamling
Weller - Johnson - Ryan
+ Hughes

Maybe Spurr holds his spot over Nyhuis but I think if Nyhuis gets a shot he won't be dropped.

Anyone notice how Sam Petrevski-Seton went on the weekend.I honesty can only remember seeing him a couple of times but maybe that was because he wasn't in Purple??

Anyone notice how Sam Petrevski-Seton went on the weekend.I honesty can only remember seeing him a couple of times but maybe that was because he wasn't in Purple??

Reading the Carlton board they are saying he did nothing.

He had 5 possessions in the 2nd qtr ... that was his standout qtr for the day ... just one in each of the others for a total of 8 disposals.

He didn't do much but he is very smart and smooth with the footy, just little daft touches and lookaway handballs straight to his teammate, lightning quick grab and passes too.

Really really wishing we had got him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure this is the best place for it, so feel free to delete or move......

How on earth do you guys stand living in the west with the pro eagles, anti Freo media agenda? It shits me to tears, and I'm not one of you. I absolutely can't stand the eagles, and it is growing into more and more of a hatred due to the fans, media and the "Subi Effect" at every game.

Watching the news or interviews, and they don't hide how much they hate Freo. Questions to Ross are completely different to those that Simpson gets, even after both teams have won or lost on the same weekend.

I genuinely think that WA media would prefer a freo loss than a wce win because it means they can sink the boot in.

Do you guys have some sort of Eagle Vision equivalent?

How on earth do you guys stand living in the west with the pro eagles, anti Freo media agenda? It shits me to tears, and I'm not one of you. I absolutely can't stand the eagles, and it is growing into more and more of a hatred due to the fans, media and the "Subi Effect" at every game.

Watching the news or interviews, and they don't hide how much they hate Freo. Questions to Ross are completely different to those that Simpson gets, even after both teams have won or lost on the same weekend.

I genuinely think that WA media would prefer a freo loss than a wce win because it means they can sink the boot in.

You learn what to avoid watching and reading.

Ignore it basically which is not really that hard to do until someone brings up some crap that some moron has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back