What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a former Superintendent of Corrections in Nsw I got to meet the worst of the worst.

Crump and Baker who killed Virginia Morse would have to be the most chilling case I can recall. Robin Reid and Nicole Pearce aka Paul Luckman both child killers their court transcripts made me vomit.

The anita cobby murder was by far the most chilling in australia's history. Complete and utter disregard for another human being. If ever there was a case for the death penalty than these disgraceful excuses for humans are on the top of the tree. On a world scale without a doubt in my mind "The night stalker" Richard Ramirez is as chilling a serial killer as can get. There is nothing more terrifying then a home invasion and when it leads to torture, rape and finally death like this lunatic proceeded to do than for weeks on end, everyone would have been crapping themselves thinking they would be next even after he was caught.
Whilst working in Goulburn Correctional Centre I was lucky enough to be a responding officer when Michael Murphy was found with Razor Wire up his backside. Some unidentified inmates inserted conduit up his arse with razor wire inside of it, death was to easy for the Cobby Killers.

Have just finished reading the court case of a farmer up in Cairns (I think it was) who raped, tied up and slit the throat of his farm worker. He laughed and said she would die and no-one would miss her...

...she saved herself by asking if she could die listening to music on the phone.......she dialled OOO

This animal got 7 and HALF years!! Not sure but I think I read where he would be paroled after 5, an absolute disgrace. Our justice system is disgusting and works for the perpetrator not the victim....Even for rape, in America they can get life.

Can't help wondering if this creep has done this sort of thing before, with what he said to the poor girl.

The worst crime in Australia's history is the systemic sexual abuse of children by the Catholic Church.

Being from around Ballarat area, George Pell was talked about over 20years ago......he has given me that instinctive creepy feeling all these years.

Not surprised at all he has been finally mentioned. He has a look of a someone who has something to hide. Hopefully he is brought to justice if these allegations are true.

Have just finished reading the court case of a farmer up in Cairns (I think it was) who raped, tied up and slit the throat of his farm worker. He laughed and said she would die and no-one would miss her...

...she saved herself by asking if she could die listening to music on the phone.......she dialled OOO

This animal got 7 and HALF years!! Not sure but I think I read where he would be paroled after 5, an absolute disgrace. Our justice system is disgusting and works for the perpetrator not the victim....Even for rape, in America they can get life.

Can't help wondering if this creep has done this sort of thing before, with what he said to the poor girl.
read about this story yesterday: what an absolute disgrace-surely it must be appealed? our 'justice' system is pathetic.

The murder of Zayden Veal-Whitting is another one that really hits home for me. From over that way and know a lot of people that are friends with his Mum and that know the scum bag that killed him. I am not 100% sure but I more than likely would have met Harley Hicks at some stage as a teenager. Death in prison for him would be getting off lightly.

The Sydney gay-bashings (late 80's I believe)

This was a group of people deliberately hunting down a specific group in hate-related attacks
To think of the torture and torment not only the victims but their families had to endure, at a very controversial time, is horrific

That is what started the Dykes on Bikes. They would patrol the streets to protect the gays and that is why they are always first up in the Mardi Gras parade.

John Sharpe was an evil campaigner. I didn't buy the crocodile tears in his press conference. I was certain he did it from the moment I saw him. Some people just have evil in their eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the CIA episode on The Family. What they did to those men and boys was horrific.
Haha Legit watched it on Sunday on YouTube! Watched nearly all of them on YouTube the past few days.
I read the book a few years ago, he really was a sick SOB. They should have brought back hanging for him.

The Tynong North murders of the early 80's in Victoria. 4 women found murdered killer never caught. Case has been basically forgotten
Not forgotten. They have a very strong suspect but don't have the evidence to charge him

This case is here on BF

Watched the CIA episode on The Family. What they did to those men and boys was horrific.

Snowtown murders went beyond depravity, small consolation they're locked up now but The Family murders are the ones that will continue to haunt as unfinished business because the law didn't get them all. Bevan von Einem had knowing associates and helpers and they're still walking around.

I am originally from Sunbury and it's a relatively quite town but that changed with the murder of Renita Brunton, who was stabbed to death. She owned a pre-loved clothing shop in one of the arcades between Evans and O'Shannasey streets.

They never did catch the killer but doing some research it seems as though Peter Dupas is considered the prime suspect.

He is the prime suspect. Renita worked for my family when I was growing up prior to her opening the shop. I was the girl who barged in and saw someone I didn't recognise standing over her.

The worst thing that was likely to happen around then was fisticuffs at the pub, the town hasn't been the same since.

Elmer Crawford - (Crawford family murders) is by far the most chilling for me as he has never been seen or heard from since. It still sends shivers down me thinking about it.

I recently saw the skulls of the murdered children in my university's anatomy collection.

I was horrified when I read this post.....never entered my mind that those poor kids (and their mum) weren't buried properly somewhere. They deserve this at least.
Have to wonder how and why they are in a University collection.

I recently saw the skulls of the murdered children in my university's anatomy collection.

Have never forgotten this murder.....hope the father gets caught, but I guess he won't after all this time.

I was horrified when I read this post.....never entered my mind that those poor kids (and their mum) weren't buried properly somewhere. They deserve this at least.
Have to wonder how and why they are in a University collection.

Have never forgotten this murder.....hope the father gets caught, but I guess he won't after all this time.
I had the book 'Almost Perfect' which was written on the crimes. Lost it in A house move before I got to read it. Looked shocking, the thing he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back