Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good evening everyone from Perth. Just packing my bags as I get ready for a flight up north to Port Hedland for work and will be back in Perth on Friday night.

This is the first time I have posted in this particular thread so here is a little bit about me.....oh hang on....is there a set template I need to follow or do I just fire away?? Here it goes...

I have been on Bigfooty since 2013. I'm 29 and will be 30 next Wednesday, 3rd of May. As stated above I live in Perth. I'm a Richmond supporter with Yellow And Black running through my veins (who knows I might change into a Tiger one day haha).

I work fulltime as a Public Servant, my interests are AFL, Cricket, Aviation, Cooking, Travel, History, Horse Racing, and being with friends and family. In the summer months (October to March) im a First Grade umpire in WA Premier Cricket....the elite cricket competition in WA and the pathway comp to state/international cricket.

The Collingwood Football Club is my second team because my cousin played for them from 2011 to 2013, he also played for Richmond too. As this is a Collingwood board I will keep it to Collingwood only - my favourite Collingwood moment was when the Pies were behind by about five or six goals at half-time in 2011 against the Adelaide Crows at Etihad Stadium. But after half time the Pies were just a different team and ran over the top of the Crows, the self belief the Pies had during that second half was fantastic and they played with great spirit.

My favourite Collingwood player (apart from my cousin) was Dale 'Daisy' Thomas, a good player with the Pies and so skillful but also a good bloke too. I also like Scott Pendulbury as well and he has style and class in the midfield.

I liked Mick Malthouse as well, the team played for him and he was like a father figure for the boys....its interesting how these former players who were not superstars (like Mick) end up being good coaches.

There is a lot more about me so if anyone has any questions then you are welcome to ask.

Finally, thank you to the Collingwood board on Bigfooty for always making me (a non-Collingwood supporter) feel welcome. I appreciate it. As most of you know I comment on the Collingwood board quite a bit and all of you have always treated me with respect and for that I say thank you.

Cheers.
I enjoyed your updates on your cousin and your general contributions. I have a soft spot for the tigers due to my early experience of AFL games. I never bother to even check your team support, hence was surprised to find you're a tiger and not a WC or Fremantle supporter. And I say that in the nicest possible way, with no offence intended or meant.

PerthBoy87

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My cuz AK,- Former Tiger and Magpie
I enjoyed your updates on your cousin and your general contributions. I have a soft spot for the tigers due to my early experience of AFL games. I never bother to even check your team support, hence was surprised to find you're a tiger and not a WC or Fremantle supporter. And I say that in the nicest possible way, with no offence intended or meant.

All good mate :) Hopefully the Pies can get a win against the Hawks.

Cheers.

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hello,

first time poster/member.

read bigfooty everyday, love the different views/characters and... entertainment.

huge pies supporter (40 years now)... good time, given where we at... to maybe throw a view or two out there.

Still think we have real hope of the 8... i do.

cheers and thanks,

leon
We need more hope and less doom and gloom around the place.

Cheers for joining and welcome.

I toast ducks.

leon123

Club Legend
May 23, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
thanks Duck...I do agree, been reading BF daily for some time now.

Hey, we are not that bad, i still have hope we might make the 8 (I know.. it wouldnt be easy)... as they say, if all the ducks are aligned.

No negative from me, im long time pies supporter... our present situation, has been worse.

cheers all

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome 76.. i was voted 'the most insightful poster for our mid season awards'. So if you're having trouble interpreting anything feel free to ask me. I'm an expert in the topic of Nathan J Buckley.
Ahem, it's actually Nathan C Buckley.

As in Nathan Charles Buckley

:)

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greetings BF posters - joined a couple of weeks ago - thought I had posted an intro - but it must have disappeared into the techo stratosphere.

"TKiL" comes from Tuck, Kingston, Lucas - if you saw them play you've probably experienced the same amount of finals agony I have. I'm still recovering from yesterday's draw....

Welcome - experience and perspective are much needed in these parts

Greetings BF posters - joined a couple of weeks ago - thought I had posted an intro - but it must have disappeared into the techo stratosphere.

"TKiL" comes from Tuck, Kingston, Lucas - if you saw them play you've probably experienced the same amount of finals agony I have. I'm still recovering from yesterday's draw....

In my head I've been reading your user name as 'tickle'.:)

Cheers and welcome.

Initially went for TKL but needed 4 characters hence TKiL - could have gone TKLu but that looks like a laneway name or a menu item in Hong Kong
TaKL would've worked.
Not that there's anything wrong with TKiL.:)

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Tuck is one of the those players from the wrong team who I really admired throughout his career. Lucas, well Essendon, so moving right along. Kingston lies between me and the big smoke down here: for the life can't remember a player of that name. From previous posts I gather you are ancient so maybe pre my time?

Kings_Gambit

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hello everyone I have been a long time reader of this forum. You guys are very funny, entertaining and share my life long passion for the Pies. I look forward to some robust discussion and some fun. I am a big believer in only posting things I would say to someone's face. So expect respect and fairness in my posts.

Joe Hawkins

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
cheers all

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer) - Collingwood, obviously
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? - All time - Mick McGuane, also had a soft spot for Shane Wakelin
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? - Probably watching Mason Cox goal with his first kick on Anzac Day
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? - Liked magpies as a toddler - obviously had to follow them.

Back