Past Sam Rowe

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this bloke.

Beat cancer, then filled a gaping hole in our defence after Jamo was done.

He's a fighter, he's resilient, he gives it his all every time. He's a star

Played his best footy late last year and this year.

Often copped s**t from opposition fans and I backed him up 100%, often telling them he is so much better than you think.

What a start to this season he had. Smashing the "once in a generation player" Daniher a highlight.

His career may not be over, but his best footy probably is.

I will remember this man fondly

I love this bloke.

Beat cancer, then filled a gaping hole in our defence after Jamo was done.

He's a fighter, he's resilient, he gives it his all every time. He's a star

Played his best footy late last year and this year.

Often copped s**t from opposition fans and I backed him up 100%, often telling them he is so much better than you think.

What a start to this season he had. Smashing the "once in a generation player" Daniher a highlight.

His career may not be over, but his best footy probably is.

I will remember this man fondly

Copped as much s**t from our own fans.

Thankfully this turned around (still a few haters). Even the FB page had stopped bagging him.

Hmmm, creates a big hole in defence. He's been really solid the past couple of years and provided a mature physical presence whilst the kids work out what's what.

Hope he recovers well - I'd think he's likely to come back, but it's a bit touch and go given age, list profile, yada yada.

Alex Silvagni's position gets a lot more secure for 12 months.

Rowe has been a really solid servant and wish him all the best in whatever happens next.

Give him a one-year contract. Deserves it on form. I really hope they don't push him into retirement. If he chooses to retire of his own accord then that's on him and good on him for making that decision. But on form he deserves a one-year contract.

Good luck Big Sam.

Yep and he's over 30 when he comes back (if he can) so in racehorse terms he's possibly ran his last race. AFL is a tough business. We all love Sam (well I do) but rationally this injury is possibly AFL career ending. Hope he proves me wrong: I'll happily eat humble pie.
he has been lightly raced though

Man that is crap news for Rowe. I have no doubt that he will give it his all with his rehab like he had done with the rest of his life. Now maybe all the Rowe knockers can go and take a breather and find something else better to do. I love Rowe, yes maybe he does punch the ball instead of marking it more than we like. it looks like Weitering will have to stay down back for now. Please don't tell me we are going to fill the gap with Liam Jones.

Man that is crap news for Rowe. I have no doubt that he will give it his all with his rehab like he had done with the rest of his life. Now maybe all the Rowe knockers can go and take a breather and find something else better to do. I love Rowe, yes maybe he does punch the ball instead of marking it more than we like. it looks like Weitering will have to stay down back for now. Please don't tell me we are going to fill the gap with Liam Jones.
We are going to fill the gap with Liam Jones.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how well ROwe will recover from his ACL - but his larger body was missed in parts this year. He has a big role to play still at Carlton as some of the skinny kids bulk up and develop over the next couple of years - so hopefully he comes back fresh and strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back