Multiplat NBA 2K18

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
2K17 is stale as * for me, looking forward to this game.
What features do you want to see included? I would like to see a 3 and D player added to player archetypes for career/park, new parks, easier way to get VC and badges to carry over to new players once earned on the game so you don't have to grind for hours if you are sick of your archetype. Of course they will probably make VC harder to earn and more expensive...

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
what would you like to see changed?
Stop making MyCareer all about VC and this online rubbish. Give an option for offline players to have their own careers where they can actually build a player to their liking.

The rest of my beef is mostly gameplay related when it comes to things like help defence, dribbling etc. All things which are terrible in 2K17.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
A few gameplay things I'll be looking for.

GAMEPLAY

1. Defensive rotations. 1-2 defenders know how to stop the offense, but often 2-3 defenders have no idea what's going on. 2K knows this so they've overcompensated for years by making the on ball defense OP. If they get the defense working, I will outline the kickon effects, and they are huge.

i. That annoying on ball defense brickwall goes.
ii. The game gets a lot more flow, because that sticky on ball D goes away so there is more penetration, drive and kick etc. and teams stop you via smart rotations.
iii. You get to abuse switches. You can consistently punish the big that gets switched on to your guard.
iv. Hopefully it would mean differences in defensive skill can shine through consistently. Not every on-ball defender will feel like Kawhi Leonard.

2. Polish up the physics engine. Ive posted YT videos of simple floppy plays where JJ Redick would get caught up in awkward collision animation loops with defenders and the play would take 15+ seconds to run.

3. Animations need to be made tighter. They are too slow and take up too much virtual space on the floor.

4. Keep improving CPU offensive tendencies. I remember when post scoring bigs were non-entities. Cousins and the like would only score on putbacks. I love how they are used as focal points now. Now they need to refine it very specifically. Houston should pick and roll teams to death with Harden as the ball handler. GS should run a shitload of high post splits.

5. More player differentiation. Slow players needs to move slower, jump lower and animate slower. Quicker players, vice versa.

6. They've never done it, but I'd love a home court advantage mechanic and discussed ways this can be done. With improvements in crowd atmosphere, this can really give a realistic feel.

VISUALS

1. Body types. Some are too skinny (Giannis/Hayward), plenty more are too thick (PG, Dirk). Please get them right, or better yet, allow us to edit them.

2. Rim and net physics. Just copy NBA Live's. And please make sure that's the only thing you copy from that series.

GAME MODES

I only play MyLeague or MyGM.

1. Make the mode more interactive. It's great that it's so customisable, but some narrative would be nice. Allow us to step back and see the forest. This could be done by bringing in a rivalry system, or weekly hightlights packages, or packages from star performances in other games. Make us feel part of a living NBA world.

2. Make a progressive fatigue a thing. Our team should be really tired on the 4th game in 5 nights. At the moment, it doesnt matter.

3. Is another Jordan moments mode coming in 2K18 (with Shaq)?

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Stop making MyCareer all about VC and this online rubbish. Give an option for offline players to have their own careers where they can actually build a player to their liking.

They will never get rid of VC as it is a massive money pit with the card packs.

Unless you can invest a ton of time to grind away and earn the pittance of VC they offer in game (rather than pay), your stuck buying it. They can make nearly $150 plus by the time people buy the game and spend $ to purchase 30K-60K in VC to make a half reasonable MyCareer character.

I remember years ago when a MyCareer character use to start at around 70-75 rating back in 2K12... fast forward and its now you only get 55 rating.. barely enough to make any game time minutes.

You can build a player to your liking and have the career you want, but dont expect to switch in game to any position you want though.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
They will never get rid of VC as it is a massive money pit with the card packs.

Unless you can invest a ton of time to grind away and earn the pittance of VC they offer in game (rather than pay), your stuck buying it. They can make nearly $150 plus by the time people buy the game and spend $ to purchase 30K-60K in VC to make a half reasonable MyCareer character.

I remember years ago when a MyCareer character use to start at around 70-75 rating back in 2K12... fast forward and its now you only get 55 rating.. barely enough to make any game time minutes.

You can build a player to your liking and have the career you want, but dont expect to switch in game to any position you want though.
They don't have to get rid of VC, they can just * it off out of certain modes like MyCareer where it really doesn't belong at all. That's what they did with MyGM after all the uproar a few years back.

I just want a MyCareer where I can choose what I want to do with my player. Tired of having to play with a one dimensional player each season now because they care so much about MyPark.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
General requests

1 - Give us a white person and asian person as voice options.. not to sound racist, but seriously, we have asian and Caucasian nba players and you only allow one voice option?! If NBA Live can do this, why cant 2K.

2 - Give us some tatt sleeves.. I dont mind spending some more VC if it gives the options for sleeves. Its fiddly trying to use what is there and having to purchase 8+ tatts to merge and look semi reasonable.

3 - Give players a higher rating when starting in MyCareer.. not a 55 ovr average. Thats weak compared, to previous years.. it gets worse each year.

4 - Increase the VC on offer rather than 400vc Per game if you get an A+ rating. If I am playing a 12min qtr that kills when Stats start costing 8k to move up 1 level.

5 - In online mode, make it easier to join groups. I dont manage to play often enough in the time zones where I can join groups to play ball online and often when I want to join a game, I get booted for groups of 3 who just rock up.. what gives?!

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
They don't have to get rid of VC, they can just **** it off out of certain modes like MyCareer where it really doesn't belong at all. That's what they did with MyGM after all the uproar a few years back.

I just want a MyCareer where I can choose what I want to do with my player. Tired of having to play with a one dimensional player each season now because they care so much about MyPark.
My park and black court (not sure if that is whats its called) is a joke. Lag is a ***** and groups just gang up and boot you off when your waiting in for a game but they have a 'crew'.

I also hate how 10 year old flogs can just abuse you for missing a lay up or not 'manning up' when your against a 99ovr pg and you are rated 75... I get blitzed on the fast break and rained 3s on from 10ft beyond the arc..

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
They don't have to get rid of VC, they can just **** it off out of certain modes like MyCareer where it really doesn't belong at all. That's what they did with MyGM after all the uproar a few years back.

Mypark is the only reason I buy the game

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
General requests

1 - Give us a white person and asian person as voice options.. not to sound racist, but seriously, we have asian and Caucasian nba players and you only allow one voice option?! If NBA Live can do this, why cant 2K.

2 - Give us some tatt sleeves.. I dont mind spending some more VC if it gives the options for sleeves. Its fiddly trying to use what is there and having to purchase 8+ tatts to merge and look semi reasonable.

3 - Give players a higher rating when starting in MyCareer.. not a 55 ovr average. Thats weak compared, to previous years.. it gets worse each year.

4 - Increase the VC on offer rather than 400vc Per game if you get an A+ rating. If I am playing a 12min qtr that kills when Stats start costing 8k to move up 1 level.

5 - In online mode, make it easier to join groups. I dont manage to play often enough in the time zones where I can join groups to play ball online and often when I want to join a game, I get booted for groups of 3 who just rock up.. what gives?!
VC gets more expensive every year, they keep the same prices but they reduce the amount received. I will never buy VC again, I bought about $15 worth last game and it hardly increased my players rating.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's awful for long time 2K players.

Totally taken away from what made the game great.
I've been playing since 2k6 and reckon park is by far the best game mode, I know I'm in the minority with that on bigfooty but it is one of the most popular game modes. I find the other game modes pretty unplayable now outside of Park... I'll do a MyLeague but never get far

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
2K is a massive beast.

Im a purely MyLeague player who wants everything sim, totally customisable because Ill spend a weak making sure all the player ratings and tendencies are spot on.

And it caters to players who want to run up and down dunking on people while wearing cowboy hats.
I don't like how you can't get realistic stats unless you do 10 mins quarters, takes away from doing MyLeague for me.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I've been playing since 2k6 and reckon park is by far the best game mode, I know I'm in the minority with that on bigfooty but it is one of the most popular game modes. I find the other game modes pretty unplayable now outside of Park... I'll do a MyLeague but never get far
MyLeague etc used to be better but ever since they've focused on the park I feel like those modes have been more and more bug filled.

Same with the actual gameplay.

Back