Competition Designs Needed - Mount Buller Demons (BigFooty Competition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dearest BigFooty Brethren,

For those unaware, BigFooty has a simulated AFL competition called the Sweet FA, started back in 2000/2001. The league has teams, fixtures, ladders, historical stats etc and is based on a computer program that simulates AFL matches and spurts out stats, scorecards and commentary. It was created by Mobbenfuhrer.

Teams are made up of bigfooty posters who have joined the league, and match threads are just posters bantering against one another until the game is posted, before the next round starts. As a side note, feel free to join the league - we are always looking for new posters to join in the banter. It's a lot of fun and a good way to selfishly follow your stats to make up for our failed AFL careers, but the banter can be quite enjoyable.

Anyway, the Sweet FA is about to finish Season 23 but more importantly I play for the Mount Buller Demons. We are 1 of only 2 remaining clubs who started the competition in Season 1 all those years ago and we are looking to refresh the clubs logo and jumper which are all relatively old.

We're looking for some help from those with some artistic talent to design a new logo and jumper.

A lot of the banter is based around the clubs/posters and rivalries do exist. Team logo's and jumpers are not jsut throw-aways, but help to add some realism to the whole thing.

Our current and historic ones are listed below:
326710_29b208e3fdf9612b9b3788a44122c2ef.GIF

Updates_Jumper_Stuff.png

2._Team_Logos.png

Please have a crack if you wish, and our club will pick which we want to use moving forward - you will forever be etched in the clubs history! We will of course keep record and acknowledge the maker of the content also.

Also as a side note, if you want to check out the league you can here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/the-sweet-f-a-sfa-fantasy-footy-league.30/

If you want to join a club, I advise to join Mount Buller:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...m-thread-most-popular-player-returns.1156893/

Cheers,
c2r

PS - Van_Dyke, Oddhawk.

Last edited:

Current jumper looks really good, but I'll try to make something.
Cheers, it's not so much a revamp we're looking for, just a bit of a refresh, particularly with our logo.

I made this and then realised it's basically just a simpler version of the current one, but it's actually based off what Kinglake currently wears. I won't make a logo because I'm not very good at that.
upload_2017-6-3_21-34-47.png
The Kinglake version for reference.
603346_1_O.jpg

I made this and then realised it's basically just a simpler version of the current one, but it's actually based off what Kinglake currently wears. I won't make a logo because I'm not very good at that.
View attachment 377613
603346_1_O.jpg
Reminds me of the Slovenian soccer team, one of my favourite designs going around (may have inspired a certain FIRA team). Might do something similar if I get the chance.

View attachment 377613
603346_1_O.jpg
Looks pretty good :thumbsu:

qC5what.png

A quick idea I had for a logo, not sure what to do with the mountains yet (will probably depend on what I go with for the jumper) but I thought I may as well put it out there for comment before I get too invested in it.

qC5what.png

A quick idea I had for a logo, not sure what to do with the mountains yet (will probably depend on what I go with for the jumper) but I thought I may as well put it out there for comment before I get too invested in it.
I'm hooked.

qC5what.png

Loving the more retro looking club badge harking back to the 70s 80s and early 90s of AFL badges.

My favourite Geelong emblem is the late VFL emblem.

Last edited:
qC5what.png

If you go with that Baghdad won't have the best logo in the comp anymore.

RIP.

Similar sort of design to what Fizzler came up with, but I've repeated the mountains to look more like a scarf or a wool jumper. Not sure what to use as sponsors yet but I like the way that virgin works on the back.
mJlJ9s1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, looks great.

Personally I prefer the other logo, fancyscum but that's just me. Dont get me wrong, both are great though!
Same here, but I am finding it hard to make a decent looking footy jumper using the other style of mountain. Not sure how I feel about having the zig zags on the jumper and the more 'mountain looking' design on the logo, maybe I'm wrong and it could be fine.

Is it possible to provide the logos for your sponsors and where you'd like them to be placed? I have a logo and kits ready to post besides that.
Van_Dyke, Oddhawk - I don't think we have any other sponsors really, do we? Target, Pure Blonde, Virgin(s) was the old gag many, many years ago. Before that, Jeep/Range Rover etc.

Van_Dyke, Oddhawk - I don't think we have any other sponsors really, do we? Target, Pure Blonde, Virgin(s) was the old gag many, many years ago. Before that, Jeep/Range Rover etc.

I suppose any sponsor that plays into the who snow bunny, slopes, Demons deal is perfect... maybe even a high class "negative gearing" type could work too!!

I suppose any sponsor that plays into the who snow bunny, slopes, Demons deal is perfect... maybe even a high class "negative gearing" type could work too!!
I think what he is saying, Norm Landrover, is do whatever sponsors you see fit. We don't really take ourselves too seriously.

If all else fails, our prior main sponsors were Target, Pure Blonde and Virgin (read in that order).

Unless Van_Dyke has anything else to add?

I think what he is saying, Norm Landrover, is do whatever sponsors you see fit. We don't really take ourselves too seriously.

If all else fails, our prior main sponsors were Target, Pure Blonde and Virgin (read in that order).

Unless Van_Dyke has anything else to add?
Kathmandu perhaps? (playing up on the snow theme)

Playboy cause snow bunnies?

This is the reason I love the design guys!!

Not "normal" in any way. I'm not sure it works for us! But I love the creativity!!
I reeeeally like that home jumper.
If you want different jumpers for clash and alternate (primary ones too), I had a few more ready just in case...

And how's the logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back