Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

People should check out fitness factory australia on Facebook. They've put up a post recently claiming they can cure many diseases.

I'm a classic binger - 4 - 5 outings a year at max level (silly sunday, last game, function or 2, afl gf day)...even in my young days i'd get pissed 3/week but i;d never just sit at home and have 2 cans i don't do that now..plus with a sick wife and a 6yr old i need to be "abled' and in driving condition at all times

I'm a classic binger - 4 - 5 outings a year at max level (silly sunday, last game, function or 2, afl gf day)...even in my young days i'd get pissed 3/week but i;d never just sit at home and have 2 cans i don't do that now..plus with a sick wife and a 6yr old i need to be "abled' and in driving condition at all times
I only drink after games basically. Or if I have a big function. I have a couple of cans most Saturdays. More if we have a club function on.

I feel like it needs some Brian Taylor (0:38 - 0:46 seems relevant)

What are you guy's favourite Aussie social media fitness/nutrition pages?

Yanks. Yanks everywhere lol

I don't have too many guys I follow on Social Media (unless you count YouTube), simply because most of the content I look for is well beyond the scope of a character limited Instagram post.
But yeah, most of the ones I do are American lol (although there is a Dutch(?) physio student who posts a lot of new European research which is handy)

What are you guy's favourite Aussie social media fitness/nutrition pages?

Yanks. Yanks everywhere lol

Scott Goble and Luke Schembri are good to follow, some good bro knowledge with a bit of science. Have a laugh and piss take

Scott Goble and Luke Schembri are good to follow, some good bro knowledge with a bit of science. Have a laugh and piss take

Ah s**t, I'd forgotten about Goble
He definitely gets my vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanted to thank everyone for the advise that was given to me earlier in the month.

Starting to see some real improvement now.

Benching 45 kilos (4 reps of 10) now and noticed some improvement with my core and my power when fencing (Very important).

Unfortunately the added power has screwed up my distance and footwork a little when bouting, but whilst I may struggle at my next major competition in a few weeks I should definitely be firing on all cylinders later in the year once I have readjusted my distance and formed new habits.

In for the first game DemonTim this w/end against Junction.
Provided I don't get knocked out the next couple of games we should be set to cross paths in 3 weeks haha

In for the first game DemonTim this w/end against Junction.
Provided I don't get knocked out the next couple of games we should be set to cross paths in 3 weeks haha
We might not. I've been emergency last two weeks and played last week finger still pretty ****ed and I haven't been training because of work haha
I may not even get a gig (plus the new assistant hates me and I don't get on the ground because our ressies coach is a playing coach and the assistant runs the bench)

We might not. I've been emergency last two weeks and played last week finger still pretty ****** and I haven't been training because of work haha
I may not even get a gig (plus the new assistant hates me and I don't get on the ground because our ressies coach is a playing coach and the assistant runs the bench)

Managed to do a pretty good hammy at training tonight.
Suspect I might be struggling to get up for our clash in 10 days.

Managed to do a pretty good hammy at training tonight.
Suspect I might be struggling to get up for our clash in 10 days.
I'm not sure either. Went to the gp because my finger is still ****ed
He reckons they have set it badly when they did surgery and ****ed the whole thing so I need to go back in

I'm not sure either. Went to the gp because my finger is still ******
He reckons they have set it badly when they did surgery and ****** the whole thing so I need to go back in

Time for a Daniel Chick.

Wasn't sure where to put this so it's going in here.....
The mrs wants an elliptical type thingy
She wanted a bowflex stairclimber but saw some of the reviews were crap and said * that
We have an elliptical we picked up cheap but it's absolutely massive and she wants something she can easily pull/wheel into the lounge and use while watching some tv.

She wants to tone up the bum and legs etc but doesn't want to use the home gym in the spare room as weights aren't her thing
She does stretches and core work with me a couple times a week but wants to take the next step
Any recommendations before she goes and buys one from bloody kmart?

Wasn't sure where to put this so it's going in here.....
The mrs wants an elliptical type thingy
She wanted a bowflex stairclimber but saw some of the reviews were crap and said **** that
We have an elliptical we picked up cheap but it's absolutely massive and she wants something she can easily pull/wheel into the lounge and use while watching some tv.

She wants to tone up the bum and legs etc but doesn't want to use the home gym in the spare room as weights aren't her thing
She does stretches and core work with me a couple times a week but wants to take the next step
Any recommendations before she goes and buys one from bloody kmart?

Find some hills/steps to walk up?.....that would be the cheaper option for yourself. But in all seriousness if your mrs thinks that getting a elliptical will give her the best chance at sticking to some form of exercise than go for it!

Wasn't sure where to put this, so here goes:

So I'm finally going to try and make my comeback to local footy next year after an injury free year (minus a minor knee niggle that I've been managing for a long time now, also assisted by Aeglos in another thread) for the first time in 6-7 years.

My cardio is absolutely pathetic, which will need to change. Can anyone help me out with a pre-pre season running guide? My skills obviously need work after a long layoff but if I can get my fitness levels up to par or even above average, that will assist in allowing me to focus on my skills during training.

This probably isn't the most appropriate thread for this but wasn't sure where else to post it.

Through some sort of connection/friendship players from my local club can see one of Carlton's physios (think it's Craig Christie).
One of the guys did his hammy tendon ~2 months ago and has been seeing him.
Was interesting to hear that over the past decade that the following trends had occurred (all in relation to hamstrings)
- no change in games missed overall
- increased number of tendon injuries
- decreased number of muscle belly injuries
Looks like all the strengthening work the clubs have been implementing has had the effect of reducing the number of incidences of injuries but the severity of any incidences has increased

Remove this Banner Ad

Back