List Mgmt. 2017 Contract Status (Seppo's Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am not a fan of Clarke , but since freo already paid him for 4 year of musical festival fees , might as well paid him another year with a possible game and performance trigger extension second year .
Yep. Would you rather another one or two years of Zarke, or three or four of a Vickery type. Because if we trade for someone, it'll likely be a three year deal. Whoever it is, is just a stop gap until Darcy is ready. Unless they really surprise us. Petrie for one? Hahahaha (seriously though?)

Clarke would cost barely anything to keep on for another year. If the medicos are confident in his body it would be silly not to keep him on yearly contracts as depth coverage.
I agree. $100,000 for one year.

Very happy to have signed Sean Darcy

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
1) ibboson (delist)
2) Griffin ( retire)
3) sherriden ( trade out)
4) sutty (trade out)
5) suban ( delist /trade out)
6) Johnson ( retire)
7) balic ( going home worse case scenario)
8)yarren ( retired)

I think 4 ND pick and 4 rookie will be good enough.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
1) ibboson (delist)
2) Griffin ( retire)
4) sutty (trade out)
6) Johnson ( retire)
8)yarren ( retired)

Dawson (retire) is a lock though
Johnno may stay/sutty will since he has a year

one of Croz, Tucker, Langdon may leave unfortunately

Clarke probs gone too

It's just way too hard to tell this far out, hell 80% of us thought Barlow and Silva were going to stay when it went right down to the wire at the end of last season.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool

Clarke probs gone too

It's just way too hard to tell this far out, hell 80% of us thought Barlow and Silva were going to stay when it went right down to the wire at the end of last season.
Not sure about Johnson I got a feeling he either end up retire on his term , or injury cut short his playing day .

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

Clarke probs gone too

I don't think Dawson is a lock for retirement.

I will be alone on this... I reckon Dawson will get one more year.... Only reason I see Dawson on our list next year is as Cheap Depth.

As it Stands now... Hamling and Johnson has been the 2 talls in defence. Cox Finally got a debut. Collins played good in his 12 games last year. Still surprised Collins only played 1 game this season and it was against the Lions. Hell, Logue is 193cm and is tall enough to play CHB. Alex Pearce.... yeah we know the guy is good. Still frustrated he is still injured.

Just remember last year. Freo were crippled with injuries. Alex Pearce went down, so did Johnson and Silvagni. It came to a point where Dawson and Collins filled our 2 KPD spots.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle

I will be alone on this... I reckon Dawson will get one more year.... Only reason I see Dawson on our list next year is as Cheap Depth.

As it Stands now... Hamling and Johnson has been the 2 talls in defence. Cox Finally got a debut. Collins played good in his 12 games last year. Still surprised Collins only played 1 game this season and it was against the Lions. Hell, Logue is 193cm and is tall enough to play CHB. Alex Pearce.... yeah we know the guy is good. Still frustrated he is still injured.

Just remember last year. Freo were crippled with injuries. Alex Pearce went down, so did Johnson and Silvagni. It came to a point where Dawson and Collins filled our 2 KPD spots.
We have since drafted Cox and Logue and hopefully Uebergang can get fit

thats 3 players to take his spot.

Also Dawson is finished, being played out of position as a forward in the WAFL which would not be allowed by Fremantle if we had any intentions of signing him on, the game has moved past him and our match committee and list management team know it.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool

I am really confident Dawson will be gone , just like the way you mention vickery to come to freo .you really need to read peel report regarding Dawson and Griffin .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhino20

Debutant
Jan 25, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
1) ibboson (delist)
2) Griffin ( retire)
4) sutty (trade out)
6) Johnson ( retire)
8)yarren ( retired)

What's Collins contract situation?

If I was him, I would be out of here. Playing good footy all year, only the one game so far in the ones. Would have to be interest from home

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
What's Collins contract situation?

If I was him, I would be out of here. Playing good footy all year, only the one game so far in the ones. Would have to be interest from home
I think Collins will either be cut or look elsewhere. I don't think he is near to silvagni standard yet due to experience but a good depth or role player. Need to play to his strength rather than his weakness. The chemistry he build in peel GF with Silva, bootsma , nyhuis and Hughes is so good to watch that none of them going for the same ball as they trust each other game.

Rhino20

Debutant
Jan 25, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Collins will either be cut or look elsewhere. I don't think he is near to silvagni standard yet due to experience but a good depth or role player. Need to play to his strength rather than his weakness. The chemistry he build in peel GF with Silva, bootsma , nyhuis and Hughes is so good to watch that none of them going for the same ball as they trust each other game.

See I think it's a freo thing. He gets left down at peel all season (till now) after player 12 solid games last year, basically making him go backwards after getting all that development into him last year. Look and what silva has done in his games for Carlton he's been very good. I actually hope he moves on for his sake and plays good footy next year, as if Pearce comes back he's again just stuck at Peel

Lazza040

Draftee
Nov 3, 2012
Bunbury
AFL Club
Fremantle
This maybe off the mark , but what if Dawson is being retrained to be our 2nd ruckman / come forward? When he was thrown into the ruck as a last resort in one of the games , he didn't do too bad. We do have some good backmen on our list , but still lacking that tall forward that can relief ruck?

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
This maybe off the mark , but what if Dawson is being retrained to be our 2nd ruckman / come forward? When he was thrown into the ruck as a last resort in one of the games , he didn't do too bad. We do have some good backmen on our list , but still lacking that tall forward that can relief ruck?

Not tall enough or big enough to ruck around the ground IMO.
Can't kick
Not a good overhead mark, as a defender he is a spoiler not a marker.

I think he would be a liability around the ground.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
No. You don't re-train a 30+ year old. Anyone that watches Peel knows Dawson is miles behind Taberner as a forward (and as a ruck imo) and is only being played forward in WAFL for team balance. Zac will retire at the end of this year. Great servant but both parties know it is time to move on.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
We really need to start resigning the players we want to keep. Tucker, Balic, Crozier, Fyfe, Blakley etc need to start putting pen to paper.

If none of these players have signed in the next 3 weeks, then we are a big chance of loosing a large number of young good players who we can't afford to loose.

I would give Blakely a 5 year deal, he is going to be something special.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
We really need to start resigning the players we want to keep. Tucker, Balic, Crozier, Fyfe, Blakley etc need to start putting pen to paper.

If none of these players have signed in the next 3 weeks, then we are a big chance of loosing a large number of young good players who we can't afford to loose.

I would give Blakely a 5 year deal, he is going to be something special.

I took it as good news over the weekend that Langdon, Blakely and Weller in a newspaper article said they are thoroughly enjoying each others progression as footballers and love playing together. I think Langdon and Blakley will sign soon on fairly lengthy terms, I don't think Langdon's brother is liking his time a Collingwood all that much and that may have swung it our way - Langdon also says he loves it here.

Even Hagdorn is saying that the Fyfe contract is close. When that is signed (we all think shortly) I think quite a few will follow.

The only two I have no feeling on is Tucker and Balic. It was a real positive the game Tucker had on the weekend and the amount of games that Ross is pumping into him. I would almost call it a breakout game, is that enough - don't know.

Balic would be on long odds to stay on at the end of the year.

However, If we had approached his personal issues the same way that GWS approached McCarthy the result would be inevitable that he would leave. Dealing with his issues with compassion (I admit I am making a presumption here) has opened up a small window of opportunity that he might grow from this and want to stay.

Aw hell yeah! Reckon we should have given him 3 years but I'll take it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back