Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Someone won today with a score of 80/55. They were 15 shots under hcp in stroke. So I had a peak at their history. He has only played golf for the last 13 months and his previous best was 45 points off a hcp of 29. Is it just me or do I have a right to be suspicious?

Someone won today with a score of 80/55. They were 15 shots under hcp in stroke. So I had a peak at their history. He has only played golf for the last 13 months and his previous best was 45 points off a hcp of 29. Is it just me or do I have a right to be suspicious?

the beauty of handicapping......
maybe had a shitload of lessons etc....there must be an explanation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/ada...-his-thoughts-on-the-usga?mbid=social_twitter

“Maybe it’s time to do away with the even-par target, just thinking about the bigger picture of the game of golf,” Scott told Babineau in Dublin. “If their major pinnacle event for them requires courses to be the way they are, it doesn’t set a good example for every other bit of golf that they try to promote. Maybe we should get the numbers out of our heads and try a new strategy.”

"The ball is in their court; they control it all," Scott said. "Hopefully they get it right this time, just from a playability standpoint. Let’s just have something that’s a challenge and interesting, not just playing brutal (golf).”

“I think they’ve really dropped the ball with where the game is at, over the last 20 years especially,” Scott told Babineau. “I know their intent is not to do that. I don’t question their intent at all...I guess their primary role of administering and looking after the game, they’ve kind of dropped the ball in that sense and gotten worried about other things.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back